NRL to investigate Bulldogs for wearing wrong jersey

Dogschat

Waterboy
Reaction score
Warren Smith should be fined for being a shit version of Andrew Voss.

I wonder what it's like to constantly live in the shadow of the voice of every rugby league game. To constantly play second fiddle to the most well respected commentator in the current Rugby League era.

I should tweet Warren and ask him.

Fuck me sideways though, in that game Greg Alexander made me want to jump through the TV and stove his ugly head in with a wheel brace. He even eclipsed Ennis and Matt Nable.
The NRL has become beyond a joke worrying about petty matters. I mean seriously wearing wrong jersey has become a criminal offence. Much bigger issues to worry about. Like the joke of referring standard we have at present, crowd drop, sponsorship, popularity of game at grass roots. And Mr warren smith wants heavy fine,not just any fine, that's the only thing that will please him.

Warren Smith

@WarrenSmithFOX

The Bulldogs should be fined, and heavily to make sure the lesson is learned, for wearing the wrong jerseys last night against Parramatta. It was their responsibility to play in an alternate strip, but they brought the wrong uniforms to the stadium. #NRLEelsBulldogs

Well Mr Smith you are a pathetic example of how and why the NRL has lost all credibility. Give yourself an upper cut.

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
They should also fined the dogs for not turning up this year.
How about fining the dogs for running on the grass or how about banning the dogs from the comp for farting.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Warren Smith big noting himself again........a petty petty comment from him and a pretty lame move from the NRL.

Reminds me of the junior clubs that were fined because the players were not wearing official socks at $100 per player per time. Those said fines have increased from $20 to $100 in the blink of an eye. By all means have guidelines but give a bit of flexibility or a bit of help.What the so called governing body of that did not take into account...the socio economic situation within the area and the sometimes multiple kids from a family participating; IRONICALLY the Canterbury District and that they had no other option unless the kids played without wearing any socks at all.... If you are trying to coax kids to play and attract new players why can't the NRL give money to clubs to allow them to offset sock /short purchases because a lot of the junior clubs are pretty much self funded and as we all know times are getting tougher. . The cost of sports for families is pretty prohibitive these days and a pair of socks is a bit down the list of priorities when you have bills to pay. Grass roots footy is pretty much on its own these days...the NRL are happy to put out their hands to collect money but when it comes to them giving a bit back they baulk at it. I guess that clubs could start a second hand shop where families could buy socks, shorts,boots at a reduced cost but really should it ever have to come to that???? They want to raise standards in the hope that player numbers increase...REALLY????

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ild-wears-wrong-socks-junior-footy-clubs.html

Serpent

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I'm sorry @Serpent.... but remind me how many of your staff now have criminal charges?

At last count Scott Seward and Paul Osborne :D
We can blame the Storm system for Seaweed and the inbred Canberra club for Ozzy, our clubs all about doing things by the books ;)

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
So why are we under investigation? Are the NRL colour blind? Can they not tell the difference between white and yellow in the shirts? Can they not tell the difference between the white shorts Parramatta were wearing compared to our blue? Are they that fucked that they can't get the referee to use his discretion in these sorts of circumstances?

Did any fans complain?
Did any players complain?
Did any sponsors complain?

IT WAS LAST vs THIRD LAST FFS! BOTH TEAMS ARE OUT OF FINALS CONTENTION, THIS WAS EFFECTIVELY AN EXHIBITION GAME!!!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
This reminds me...

https://www.theguardian.com/football/football-league-blog/2013/apr/06/football-league-your-thoughts

Barnsley were forced to play in Palace's away colours after it was deemed their kit clashed with the home side's.

Given that both teams at Selhurst Park were wearing Crystal Palace strips, it seems fitting that neither side won the match. The referee in charge, Kevin Stroud, deemed that Barnsley's kit was too similar to the home side's and therefore they were forced to play in Palace's away colours.

Crystal-Palace-v-Barnsley-008.jpg

Gillingham sealed automatic promotion from League Two while Palace had to loan Barnsley their away kits after a strip clash

Take a closer look at that photo. Same logo, same sponsor. It's the same teams jersey, only it's the home and away jerseys. The away jersey was worn by the visiting team :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Howie B

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So why are we under investigation? Are the NRL colour blind? Can they not tell the difference between white and yellow in the shirts? Can they not tell the difference between the white shorts Parramatta were wearing compared to our blue? Are they that fucked that they can't get the referee to use his discretion in these sorts of circumstances?

Did any fans complain?
Did any players complain?
Did any sponsors complain?

IT WAS LAST vs THIRD LAST FFS! BOTH TEAMS ARE OUT OF FINALS CONTENTION, THIS WAS EFFECTIVELY AN EXHIBITION GAME!!!
I think it was a genius move from our management. They realise we are shit so the best thing to do is dress like the opposition and try and create some confusion.

We should bring out that hideous yellow number we wore in the 9's a few years back to try and blend in with the tigers this week

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Are they going to hard on us for the jerseys to try to take attention off the blatant match fixing of the raiders game?

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The NRL has become beyond a joke worrying about petty matters. I mean seriously wearing wrong jersey has become a criminal offence. Much bigger issues to worry about. Like the joke of referring standard we have at present, crowd drop, sponsorship, popularity of game at grass roots. And Mr warren smith wants heavy fine,not just any fine, that's the only thing that will please him.

Warren Smith

@WarrenSmithFOX

The Bulldogs should be fined, and heavily to make sure the lesson is learned, for wearing the wrong jerseys last night against Parramatta. It was their responsibility to play in an alternate strip, but they brought the wrong uniforms to the stadium. #NRLEelsBulldogs

Well Mr Smith you are a pathetic example of how and why the NRL has lost all credibility. Give yourself an upper cut.
We'll Mr Smith why don't you jump on the NRL's back for not having anyone in charge jersey selection... At the end of the day Parra wore their home jersey and the dogs wore their away strip.. Shouldn't the NRL assess jersey designs when they are assessed and checked before the season starts! Whats the boggle *****?

Last edited:

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Are they going to hard on us for the jerseys to try to take attention off the blatant match fixing of the raiders game?
Who knows, they could but everyone is going hard about the Raiders game that there is no chance of them hiding from that one. They are putting the ***** on show.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
This years jersies are atrocious, they should be fined for wearing that Hamburgler bullshit..

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
tbh i didn't think much of it live, I could clearly differentiate between the two

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure we won our first game of the year in the Heritage Jersey.

I was drunk at the time so dont read into that too much.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All of our jerseys for the past decade or so should be destroyed. They've fucked up nearly every single jersey and turned something so simple and effective into something so ugly.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
There have been so many matches where the jerseys have clashed just as badly. The other day Foxtel was replaying this one:

Just as bad IMO.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Who else thinks NSW Navy strip will clash with Maroon? Not much contrast.