Red Dead Redemption II

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I would probably try to do this trick asap before the developers patch it.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I would probably try to do this trick asap before the developers patch it.
Seen that glitch. Honestly, don't need to do it. I have virtually every piece of clothing and every gun bar one fully stocked and customised and I have three and a half grand. And I've just been smashing out the main missions mostly.

Reaction score
I looked up what the best horses to get early on are. There is a white Arabian roaming wild which I spent a while catching.are the discovery that you can store large pelts on a second horse that is even be bonded to lvl 1 if anyone's hunting large animals in remote locations. Made a little money off that trick. I finally got to a mission which earned me plenty. Also found a fence which is a good source of new crafting recipes. I still haven't found a lot of the animals yet. And Abigail missions are buggy for me to initiate, especially since upgrades to everybody else lodging. The rest of the gang are tighter than a fishes asshole with donations to camp funds. And I've found that helping strangers with snakebite always yields free items from a store if you give them a medical curre item. Worth carrying as many as possible. Next thing I need to do is craft satchel upgrades I think. Sucks to only have a small carrying capacity. But money became a lesser issue with the bank heist I did. I'm going to get better at hunting tomorrow so I can chase up satchel upgrades. But the fences also seem to offer some really nice talismans which I want to unlock for handy bonus perks. But I advise people to go catch the Arabian horse and break it in. If people want to know how to break in a horse, let me know. I read a guide and it's pretty easy with a little knowledge. I tried dozens of times before reading a guide about it.
yeah no doubt, that white horse is worth acquiring. the satchel upgrades are good too.
the hardest things to get, and the most worth it seem to be the challenges. These are hard as hell, but i've done a couple and they fill your dead eye and stuff up to 10 from a max 8 you get from levelling up

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Anyone done the gold bar glitch? ive made about 50k from it!! Basically theres a burnt out town south west of the camp called Limpany - in the sheriffs building is a lock box with a gold bar and a horse simulant recipe. open the box and just when the animation starts hit pause and save the game. once saved reload the game - and you'll be respawned abit far away from the town - head back to the town and open the box. you should be able to get 30 x gold bars (Worth $15k) - Travel to Saint Denis and find the fence near the trapper. Sell him the gold and go on a spending spree on guns,clothes and supplies. rinse and repeat guys...
I missed out on this glitch. I actually made a couple of grand on missions and bought the recipe before I found the chest. I saw the video on how to do this afterwards.

But I've also had issues with character absence bugs which is pretty common. A lot of people don't realise that characters are missing for a while in the game. So I'm thinking about doing a restart to ensure i don't miss out on character development with Abigail, Jack, Sadie and John who only showed up in camp at the third camp. I think i missed out on some crucial conversations with these guys early on. I didn't know anything about fishing until a long way into the game. There is an issue if you reload from the checkpoint in the first mission with Uncle apparently. R* haven't made a patch for it yet. I'm stuck now at an abigail mission where she's really far back in her tent and I can't speak to her which is bloody annoying. But worse than that my controller has issues now. I can't access my inventory and it happened too late in the day to buy a new controller. It's not registering properly despite being plugged in. I just found the guy who buys trophy fish and got some good lures, but can't access the inventory to rquip my rod. pretty much all i can do is ride around in a stop start fashion.

Seen that glitch. Honestly, don't need to do it. I have virtually every piece of clothing and every gun bar one fully stocked and customised and I have three and a half grand. And I've just been smashing out the main missions mostly.
If I restart I'll do this to save a bit of time.

The horse would also have wings so you could avoid those pesky mountain paths.

I've been catching up the best horse available after every attack I make today and actually took a moment at the stables while selling them off. If people haven't found out about it yet you can add two bars of speed and acceleration to your horse at the stable for $3.25 with the grooming pack or whatever it is. It's also well worth buying the most expensive saddle and stirrups to increase the horses endurance to some degree. I'm loving this game so far but it seems pretty riddled with bugs.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
agreed, the more i play the more bugs i see. the devs will probably make an update to fix them.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I missed out on this glitch. I actually made a couple of grand on missions and bought the recipe before I found the chest. I saw the video on how to do this afterwards.

But I've also had issues with character absence bugs which is pretty common. A lot of people don't realise that characters are missing for a while in the game. So I'm thinking about doing a restart to ensure i don't miss out on character development with Abigail, Jack, Sadie and John who only showed up in camp at the third camp. I think i missed out on some crucial conversations with these guys early on. I didn't know anything about fishing until a long way into the game. There is an issue if you reload from the checkpoint in the first mission with Uncle apparently. R* haven't made a patch for it yet. I'm stuck now at an abigail mission where she's really far back in her tent and I can't speak to her which is bloody annoying. But worse than that my controller has issues now. I can't access my inventory and it happened too late in the day to buy a new controller. It's not registering properly despite being plugged in. I just found the guy who buys trophy fish and got some good lures, but can't access the inventory to rquip my rod. pretty much all i can do is ride around in a stop start fashion.

If I restart I'll do this to save a bit of time.

The horse would also have wings so you could avoid those pesky mountain paths.

I've been catching up the best horse available after every attack I make today and actually took a moment at the stables while selling them off. If people haven't found out about it yet you can add two bars of speed and acceleration to your horse at the stable for $3.25 with the grooming pack or whatever it is. It's also well worth buying the most expensive saddle and stirrups to increase the horses endurance to some degree. I'm loving this game so far but it seems pretty riddled with bugs.
Try updating your controller bro, in settings

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Has anyone been raped yet? Yes i'm 100% serious if you're wondering haha.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The fuck? No.

I've ran into the KKK twice and found a Viking helmet and hatchet, though.
You can totally get raped by some dude lol. You don't actually see anything but it's pretty much implied..i won't spoil anything so i'll let you guys find out lol.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
What's the best horse to get? The Arabian?

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
What's the best horse to get? The Arabian?
As far as free horses go it is. It's found near the western edge of lake Sabella next to the A where Amberino is written on the top left of the map. Don't worry about roping it. Just walk up slowly calming it when you hear the heart rate rising. When you manage to get close enough climb on. Pull the left joystick backwards, it will either try to go left or right. Push in the opposite direction then do the same with backwards or forwards. Just pull backwards initially then do the opposite direction to whichever way it tries to move in. I broke it in first try with that bit of knowledge. If it doesn't show up at first, amp nearby a few times and it will be there soon enough. Coincidentally there is also a legendary fish in the lake that I spotted while camping to get the horse to spawn. It was there when I first showed up but wolves chased it away.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Speaking of fish, you can go dynamite fishing but it affects your honour negatively for some reason.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Speaking of fish, you can go dynamite fishing but it affects your honour negatively for some reason.
yeah if there is a NPC nearby they get scared or annoyed by the dynamite so you lose honour.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
yeah if there is a NPC nearby they get scared or annoyed by the dynamite so you lose honour.
Oh ok, makes sense.

Didn't notice anyone around me, though.

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
This piece of crap any good