Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Our club might take a serious look at the length of the contract they (give or have to give) to get or retain players. We seem to run into trouble with all the players we've signed for more than 3 years.
If we give them only 1 or 2 years they will have to put in to get a new contract either with us or another player, if they walk then we have money to get someone else.
We should not underestimate the importance of players putting in (having a go) in all this saga, because there is a lot of players who sign an extended contract then take it easy until the time approaches for a new contract.
Interesting point mate! Off the top of my head I’m pretty sure anyone we have signed for longer then 3 years hasn’t seen out the contract....Sherwin, SBW, Mason, Mbye and Klemmer have all gone before even getting to their last year. Hopefully Jackon is the first! I’m not a fan of long contracts anyway players seem to always get complacent shorter contracts keep them hungry.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They have other handy players
Yeah and we’ll end up with Shaun fucking Kenny Dowell or 3/4 of the season on the injured bench Moga.... I can see us getting royally screwed AGAIN here. Would never EVER happened under Bullfrog’s watch....

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m way late to this party and everyone is either bored and/or drunk and gone home by now, but I just wanted to mention that I’ve pretty much got no more fucks left to give and that’s the way it’s been for a long time. I’m just sick to death in general of constantly being lied to all day every day. Players, player managers, management, boards, coaches, politicians, ceo’s, media commentators, toxic journalists, radio dj’s, finance people, marketing fucks, insurance fucks, internet scammers, lobby groups and on it goes. For all my faults, I like to think I’m an honest and ethical guy but fmd, I don’t see a lot of that in society anymore.

ricko_29

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I mean he's a good forward, runs hard, tackles hard, can play good minutes. But once he gets tackled that's where it all falls apart for me, he's always looking for extra metres which is good in a way but most of the time he ends up on his back and it takes forever for him to play the ball.

Not worth the money he wants if you ask me.

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Didnt Klemmer have a whinge when Paul Dunn called him out as being soft or something down those lines?

Didnt Klemmer have a whinge when some supporter told him in the dressing room about getting an offload into his game or something?

He obviously had a whinge about Woods being shown the door and ill bet my last dollar Chris Anderson would of told him to shut the fuck up or along those lines.

Not only is it a money issue where Newcastle are throwing overs, the **** cant handle criticism and obviously has a temper tantrum when it doesnt go his own way

Trdnsaj

New Pup
Reaction score
What a farce the NRL is - complete bs if they’re letting Klemmer move on “personal reasons”.
I hate the management at NRL as much as anyone but if Klemmer goes its on us not them. It's up to us to either let him go or keep him. Nothing to do with the NRL

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Didnt Klemmer have a whinge when Paul Dunn called him out as being soft or something down those lines?

Didnt Klemmer have a whinge when some supporter told him in the dressing room about getting an offload into his game or something?

He obviously had a whinge about Woods being shown the door and ill bet my last dollar Chris Anderson would of told him to shut the fuck up or along those lines.

Not only is it a money issue where Newcastle are throwing overs, the **** cant handle criticism and obviously has a temper tantrum when it doesnt go his own way
That's painting the picture perfectly.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m way late to this party and everyone is either bored and/or drunk and gone home by now, but I just wanted to mention that I’ve pretty much got no more fucks left to give and that’s the way it’s been for a long time. I’m just sick to death in general of constantly being lied to all day every day. Players, player managers, management, boards, coaches, politicians, ceo’s, media commentators, toxic journalists, radio dj’s, finance people, marketing fucks, insurance fucks, internet scammers, lobby groups and on it goes. For all my faults, I like to think I’m an honest and ethical guy but fmd, I don’t see a lot of that in society anymore.
Mate couldn't have put it better if I spent 10 years on it, so I'll just add another one a friend had $5M in the bank after selling his business, the bank offered to invest the money for him in Shares which usually if you buy good companies won't lose you much in any situation, which he agreed to, then his adviser used the collateral of his shares to trade options without him knowing he lost everything and the big bank won't compensate him, and he now doesn't have the money to take the bank to court.
The thing is our leaders must know what the banks did, but are helping the banks to cover up the worse cases of fraud by restricting the Royal Commission terms of reference.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Mate couldn't have put it better if I spent 10 years on it, so I'll just add another one a friend had $5M in the bank after selling his business, the bank offered to invest the money for him in Shares which usually if you buy good companies won't lose you much in any situation, which he agreed to, then his adviser used the collateral of his shares to trade options without him knowing he lost everything and the big bank won't compensate him, and he now doesn't have the money to take the bank to court.
The thing is our leaders must know what the banks did, but are helping the banks to cover up the worse cases of fraud by restricting the Royal Commission terms of reference.
Banks are in on the game, it's part of the global beast system, it goes al the way back to Nimrod and Babylon.

We are already in the new world order. Next is the one world order than is closer to implementation than people know or want to know.

They have all the money in the world, but it's not enough so they want to take our useless eaters money too.

Docta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I doubt TPAs are negotiated into player contracts due to the uncertainty and lack of control clubs have over them.

The Dogs should set a line in the sand and go straight to the Supreme Court to injunct Klemmer from playing for another team should he sign with Newcastle. It’s called a restraint of trade which WILL be a condition of his contract.

If he doesn’t want to play for us then he doesn’t play NRL for 2 years. Simple! This will also be a bad result for him given his skills and reputation will slowly diminish away during this time.

If we don’t, the message the club will be setting to other players is if you want to leave set clear for other players.

Also, it will make Newcastle try much harder to get him rather than the arrogant stance they have now about rejecting our alleged requests for player swaps.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I doubt TPAs are negotiated into player contracts due to the uncertainty and lack of control clubs have over them.

The Dogs should set a line in the sand and go straight to the Supreme Court to injunct Klemmer from playing for another team should he sign with Newcastle. It’s called a restraint of trade which WILL be a condition of his contract.

If he doesn’t want to play for us then he doesn’t play NRL for 2 years. Simple! This will also be a bad result for him given his skills and reputation will slowly diminish away during this time.

If we don’t, the message the club will be setting to other players is if you want to leave set clear for other players.

Also, it will make Newcastle try much harder to get him rather than the arrogant stance they have now about rejecting our alleged requests for player swaps.
Where have you been @Docta ... haven't seen you around in yonks mate :grinning:

Haven't seen your fellow legal eagle around here either!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I’m just sick to death in general of constantly being lied to all day every day.
I agree... and so does King Swagali from the kingdom of Nairobi.. if you give me your bank account details he has some birthday money he has been holding for you which I'd like to forward to you.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely they would've thrown in a few inbreds to sweeten the deal, I mean isn't that the reason Pearce moved there, or was it because of the number of ex-dogs there? probably both.
obviously not enough dogs to satisfy his needs as he seems pretty keen on getting Klem there

Rottie

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Taumalolo is the only way I’d move on from this. Fuck the club if they let Dave go

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Should we keep him? Honestly, I don't get why us fans so often try to play 'Football Manager' and second guess all the recruitment within our club. I know it's fun sometimes, but making polls out of it? Suggesting to start 'Go Fund' me accounts to raise money to keep Klemmer ... I mean .. come on!

For the first time in as long I can remember we have people steering this club what are blue and white. They won't get everything right, no one does, but they're putting the interests of the club first and for that I trust them. We have no idea about what's going on behind the scenes. We've been massacred by the media, lies up lies told about us, but all of a sudden our entire support base is believing every word that comes out of their mouths about Klemmer.

My trust goes with the people at the top at the dogs. They're the ones that have the club's best interest at heart. The board / coach / whoever will make that decision & I'll back them 100% on that.

The only thing I'll say is ffs don't sign Mr I as a prop like he's suggested a few times. Only then will I start throwing haymakers ...

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it's as vague as "Stay or Go" then of course I'm going to say that I want him to stay. But if he doesn't want to stay then there's no point holding on to him.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I'd want something more from Knights.

Ponga, Watson and Hoy (or Loughrey). Hoy is going to be a superstar and Loughrey looks very good (they are why Knights didn't fight hard to retain Cogger). They also had Brock Lamb and Jack Johns coming through at the time.

If we lose Foran we need a decent replacement for him (hence Watson). Don't bother with Ramien as we'll lose him back to the first contract negotiation.

If Ponga is a NO then if Manly want Foran they give us Tommy Turbo or Kelly (I hate Walker and his tranny brother/sisters face).

Or we could be smart... ask for a few juniors from Manly and screw their future (only if we got Watson)..

Regardless we end up with players who don't really want to play for us, just ended up playing for us.
I like your thinking but Ponga is off limits completely you would think.

Watson would be a great addition.

kaluah8123

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That would be (although unlikely) potentially the best case scenario and it still gives me heart burn.
I knows Des’s love of Foran but you would have to be a complete idiot to trade Walker for Foran. There is no club in their right mind that would want him for his asking price.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I don’t care how talented a player is. If his heart’s not in it, not interested. A player who only thinks of his pocket will always find an excuse to play shit any morning he wakes up thinking he’s getting screwed. I’m not saying he shouldn’t look after his family, but I reckon JT would have been offered a lot more to leave Cowboys during his career if he opened the door to say Roosters or Broncos. Some players just play with the heart and value loyalty more than others. They’re the ones who become great rugby league players and will go down as the best ever, along with looking after their families
Agree, great example is that airoplane wreck.....Hayne

Status
Not open for further replies.