Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
A lot of people in here simply dont understand how releasing a player actually works. Take all the emotion out of it and look at the facts, releasing Klemmer will likely be beneficial for the rebuild as we'll have the value of Klemmers contract in 2019 and 2020 to spend in other positions.
Klemmer has asked for a release and the club has agreed to him testing the market and getting offers.
Isaac Moses who is acting for Klemmer has fuelled the process by feeding the media about Klemmer being under payed, personal problems etc. This is aimed to pressure the club into releasing Klemmer for the bigger contract and Moses his cut.
Knights have made Klemmer the offer of a lifetime. Reportedly 4.6mil for 4 years. Personally, as a father if I had the offer like that I'd take it to secure my family's financial future.
If the club releases Klemmer to the Knights, we are not required to receive a player as compensation. There may be some corporate level financial compensation the club can arrange. The board saying we want Ramien is likely tied into aiming to get financial compensation or similar from the Knights.
If the club releases Klemmer we would now have the value of Klemmers contract available to spend. We would hopefully be looking at adding 2 (maybe 3 depending on the $ freed up) solid 1st graders with potential in the positions we need.
In the background the club would be sourcing out the players we want/need and attempting to get them signed before releasing Klemmer.
If the club can't get the players we desire before releasing Klemmer, they need to weigh up whether or not to release Klemmer and have the freed up cap space, or alternatively not release Klemmer and either make him see out his contract as is or offer an extension / upgrade.
If the board is doing all of this and keeping it out of the media then I have no issue with the process.
TK needs to keep in mind that we're not playing super coach here...

No man... no........ this is not about us having Klemmer's money to spend... this is about the club not being dictated to by players or by lesser clubs... I don't care if it puts us out for a season or two because if we let this happen now, then it just means we are willing to let it happen again and again

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
A lot of people in here simply dont understand how releasing a player actually works. Take all the emotion out of it and look at the facts, releasing Klemmer will likely be beneficial for the rebuild as we'll have the value of Klemmers contract in 2019 and 2020 to spend in other positions.
Klemmer has asked for a release and the club has agreed to him testing the market and getting offers.
Isaac Moses who is acting for Klemmer has fuelled the process by feeding the media about Klemmer being under payed, personal problems etc. This is aimed to pressure the club into releasing Klemmer for the bigger contract and Moses his cut.
Knights have made Klemmer the offer of a lifetime. Reportedly 4.6mil for 4 years. Personally, as a father if I had the offer like that I'd take it to secure my family's financial future.
If the club releases Klemmer to the Knights, we are not required to receive a player as compensation. There may be some corporate level financial compensation the club can arrange. The board saying we want Ramien is likely tied into aiming to get financial compensation or similar from the Knights.
If the club releases Klemmer we would now have the value of Klemmers contract available to spend. We would hopefully be looking at adding 2 (maybe 3 depending on the $ freed up) solid 1st graders with potential in the positions we need.
In the background the club would be sourcing out the players we want/need and attempting to get them signed before releasing Klemmer.
If the club can't get the players we desire before releasing Klemmer, they need to weigh up whether or not to release Klemmer and have the freed up cap space, or alternatively not release Klemmer and either make him see out his contract as is or offer an extension / upgrade.
If the board is doing all of this and keeping it out of the media then I have no issue with the process.
TK needs to keep in mind that we're not playing super coach here...
You might earn yourself a permaban for talking too much sense mate!!!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
**** of a human being? seriously? for all anyone on here knows he may actually have some personal things going on. Even if this is all a money thing i find it pretty rich that everyone rips him to shreds when they know full well that they'd leave their job in a heartbeat for an extra 100k let alone the increase the knights are probably offering him.
He is not a man, he is a boy with no honour and his word is worthless. That's how this soy boy world is now. I have honour and morals and I'm the weird one. The fuck is an extra 100k after taxes? The kid is leaving because we got rid of his boyfriend and is dumb enough to have a piece of shit manager brainwash him.

Fkn lol Comparing football to real word jobs. Good luck breaking a contract in the real world.

A job is more than just money.

Last edited:

dhoo8450

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I heard 3 days ago, Dogs want Ramien and wont let Klemmer leave without him. So hopefully Hill has some balls and holds strong. WE have all the cards, they are the desperate ones. So be like fine, put him on the market and dont give him to Newcastle. Simple.
I would be more than happy with that trade TBH. Ramien looks to be a gun!

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Majority of people i think you'd find would if it was substantially more (100k+) and it was the exact same job like in this case. Don't forget that these guys only have a 10 year window, if that, to make as much money as they can in the sport.
100% and he is halfway through that window

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I heard 3 days ago, Dogs want Ramien and wont let Klemmer leave without him. So hopefully Hill has some balls and holds strong. WE have all the cards, they are the desperate ones. So be like fine, put him on the market and dont give him to Newcastle. Simple.

exactly... they have failed in their bid for other players and are almost relying on Klem to get them going forward... they have a few ok forwards but no real stand outs

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Klemmer wants to leave he can go to NZ and we can get Shaun Johnson. I'm sure Pricey will tell Klemmer its a good place to raise kids.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Majority of people i think you'd find would if it was substantially more (100k+) and it was the exact same job like in this case. Don't forget that these guys only have a 10 year window, if that, to make as much money as they can in the sport.
If his a thick head then I guess he only has 10 years.. if he invests what his earning now while his playing then he can continue earning money when he retires from football.,,,remember these guys are earning hundreds of thousands a year not like most people.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Depends if he wants to be here or not? you never know just maybe its for the personal reasons as mentioned if so, if it is his Wife that wants to move on who knows? that means a lot more pressure on him than just money and if it is Family then guess what? FAMILY COMES FIRST!!!

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Nonsense.....you're an extremely bull headed man, lol. His contract does not become unfixed until he is officially released....and even when that happens, it doesn't mean he has acted ethically in repeatedly asking for a release despite having had his request declined numerous times.
Exactly the contract doesn't become unfixed unless both parties agree to it.
So klemmer wants out.. That'll do me

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
So why sign for so long?

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If his a thick head then I guess he only has 10 years.. if he invests what his earning now while his playing then he can continue earning money when he retires from football.,,,remember these guys are earning hundreds of thousands a year not like most people.
Some have brains, majority and dumb ***** that go broke a year after they stop.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I am happy for him to go so long as Newcastle can come up with a trade option. Ramian or Ponga will suffice. Otherwise they can wait

Status
Not open for further replies.