Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I want to hear from Klemmer. I want him fronting the media and answering
the curly questions coming his way.

If he wants to instigate this, he needs to step-up and own this.

The fans are the ones whom he needs to speak to, give us an explanation as to why.

That’s what I would like to see.
His mrs would do the conference

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
And again this is absolute bullshit. So if the club wants to release players it's okay but if a player wants a release it's absolutely disgracefuland they're the biggest dogs in the world. Lol turn it up and keep churning out the excuses to try and justify why things are different.
Do you really not understand the extent of our salary cap woes? Yes, we’ve made a few signings for next year, but nobody on big money.... adversely, we’ve released two players mid season who were on massive money, we’ve also been unable to retain the Morris twins and Eastwood has retired. We’ve spent a tiny fraction of all that money on recruits.

The current board inherited a nightmare of a situation and both of those blokes volunteered to go. They even stated their willingness to go to the media before a decision was made by the club.

For crying out loud, you’ve just returned from a lengthy ban and you’re already sneering at other people’s opinions and acting like a freaking no it all. It won’t be long til you’re abusing people and end up on another kennel holiday at this rate. Chill out. You do nothing but complain about this club.... you’re the last person who should be telling people not to complain.

If you can’t accept that we had major salary cap issues that were going to spill over into future years and had to create some breathing space, at least accept people’s right to hold a different opinion and stop carrying on like a know it all.

If it’s absolute bullshit, disprove the media reports and the words of the players concerned. If you’re such an expert, fucking prove it.

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And again this is absolute bullshit. So if the club wants to release players it's okay but if a player wants a release it's absolutely disgracefuland they're the biggest dogs in the world. Lol turn it up and keep churning out the excuses to try and justify why things are different.
Well there is a difference if a club move on player their contract is still paid full whatever they sign for even if the club are paying percentage of the contact.

This shit when a player is wanting to move to other club mid contact for personal reasons. Then the player is getting a large pay rise is what pisses fans off.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Take emotion out. If he can get another 400k at any team how can he say no.

But also he has 2 years left on contract how can he under NRL RULES be spoken to about any offer
Because the club has allowed him deal with the knights....it's our soft cushy club that is the problem...always fukin cave in to players who want out

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Knights get: Klemmer
Bulldogs get: Tex Hoy and Watson and $500,000 dollar compensation

Manly get: Foran
Bulldogs get: Walker

Then go after Koroisau who is off contract and try to get Napa.

We could go into next season with the following team:

1. Meaney
2. Hopoate
3. Walker
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Watson
7. Lewis
8. Tolman
9. Koroisau
10. Napa
11. Martin
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. Elliot
15. CHN
16. To'omaga
17. Ogden

It's not ideal but at least we then have Hoy who is a young star in our ranks and have some more speed in the team with Watson and Walker. I'd also like to explore any way we could nab TPJ at the end of next season.

It's bottom 4 for us next year though!
What makes you think any of those players want to come to this club? We are a basket case right now and I can’t see it ever turning for the club again. Klemmer walking is going to affect the team a lot more than people think and no trade we can afford will make that easier.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Captain Obvious could have told us Ramien was not coming.

Club will still release him for like the Knights shittiest discards.

Nemani Nadolo was born 31st Jan 1988 ... He's 30 this year.

and he's signed with Montpellier will end of 2021.
Sorry thought you were meaning Naholo the mighty All Blacks winger

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Do you really not understand the extent of our salary cap woes? Yes, we’ve made a few signings for next year, but nobody on big money.... adversely, we’ve released two players mid season who were on massive money, we’ve also been unable to retain the Morris twins and Eastwood has retired. We’ve spent a tiny fraction of all that money on recruits.

The current board inherited a nightmare of a situation and both of those blokes volunteered to go. They even stated their willingness to go to the media before a decision was made by the club.

For crying out loud, you’ve just returned from a lengthy ban and you’re already sneering at other people’s opinions and acting like a freaking no it all. It won’t be long til you’re abusing people and end up on another kennel holiday at this rate. Chill out. You do nothing but complain about this club.... you’re the last person who should be telling people not to complain.

If you can’t accept that we had major salary cap issues that were going to spill over into future years and had to create some breathing space, at least accept people’s right to hold a different opinion and stop carrying on like a know it all.

If it’s absolute bullshit, disprove the media reports and the words of the players concerned. If you’re such an expert, fucking prove it.
What type of argument are you even presenting? You're literally saying it was okay for the club to force players out because it suited the club yet are flat out criticising a player for doing the same thing, how ridiculous.

Our poor management and cap situation isn't an excuse to justify our clubs actions, the club simply did what they thought was best for them just like Klemmer doing

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The only note to Klemmer: We will win 2 premierships by the time Knights win their next one. Fuck him the dogcunt.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Well there is a difference if a club move on player their contract is still paid full whatever they sign for even if the club are paying percentage of the contact.

This shit when a player is wanting to move to other club mid contact for personal reasons. Then the player is getting a large pay rise is what pisses fans off.
Everything pisses fans off, so who really cares. If this was Foran pushing for a release then TK would be fucking ecstatic, but because this is Klemmer most people are outraged.

My whole point is most fans are completely biased in the clubs favor and will literally justify or condemn the exact same action depending on how it benefits the club.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

For the first time in my entire life I agree with Marley.

the end is nigh

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Knights shut down Bulldogs' requests for a player trade involving Test prop David Klemmer

Decision time: NSW Blues prop David Klemmer is edging closer to a decision on his playing future. Picture: AAP.

Knights officials have flatly rejected calls from the Canterbury Bulldogs for a player trade for David Klemmer as the Kangaroos prop edges closer to a decision on his future.

While he is yet to be released by the Bulldogs, there is speculation Klemmer could sign a four year deal with the Knights within the next week but the club won’t be swapping any players.

Newcastle director of football Brian Canavan told the Newcastle Herald a player swap for Klemmer isn’t on the table.

“They presented the notion to us about a trade but I just responded to that by telling them we won’t be releasing any of our players,” Canavan said

Canavan agreed the Bulldogs are in an awkward position with their fans, who will be expecting the club to sign some sort of replacement before allowing their Test and Origin prop to exit with two years still remaining on his contract.

“They may continue the hunt elsewhere and we fully appreciate what the Dogs are doing. They are in an awkward situation,” he said.

No trade: Outstanding newly-signed centre Jesse Ramien was touted as a possible trade for David Klemmer but it won't be happening. Picture: AAP.

“We are just waiting. I couldn’t put a time-frame on when the whole thing will be resolved. But as far as us giving up a player, well they know our position on that.

“I’m sure they are looking at all their options as we speak.”

The bulk of the Knights squad will report for the start of pre-season training on Monday without the club’s senior players, who have more time off as per the RLPA collective bargaining agreement.

Given he played for the Kangaroos, Klemmer is not due to start training again until just before Christmas.

“As a Test player, he’s got to have eight weeks off so as far as training goes, he won’t be back on deck for a while yet,” Canavan said.

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Lynne Anderson likes to talk tough.

Her Father Bullfrog was a great leader.

Now how will she and our club respond if the pictures showing Klemmer at a Knights medical today are true?

Hes currently under contract, its a clear breach of rules.

Funny how the Knights didnt release a backup like Cogger when we asked them this year, but now they have clearly been involved in back dooring us with our best player and probably best prop in the game in Klemmer.
There are no rules , the NRL is a fucking circus and the bulldogs are the clowns at the moment , we are soo far from being a good club it’s becoming unbearable. What other club has come close to losing the talent we have in the peak of their careers!? There is no more loyalty in league it’s just cash and we have plenty of it but can’t use it due to the farken salary cap. Dark days ahead.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okay Mr & Mrs Anderson, balls in your court now, I have continued to bag yous due to how you have handled the Klemmer situation and the Mad Monday incident but now is time to make me eat my words and show us the fans that this board is different to the old board and won't back down to a pathetic team like the Knights, are we just going to back down and get nothing out of this or are we going to show them that we're no pushovers.

They are already making a fool out of us by talking about Klemmer joining them for pre-season and how he can't wait to run out in their colours so whats it going to be?

John_94

Waterboy
Reaction score
A bloke who works for the bulldogs has told me he will be released and knights will announce his signing sometime next week

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I feel like most people are looking at this through Klemmer's perspective. But i have been thinking about the dogs' situation and have been doing some analysis. Let's say i have also been doing some calling around.

What we know:
- the club wants Klemmer to stay
- The club knows the fans like Klemmer and will be annoyed if he is handed over so easily
- Knights are offering him more than what we are giving him
- The dogs have released the Mozzles, Mbye, Eastwood, Graham and Woods who were definitely not cheap

What the club wants us to think:
- They still have salary cap constraints
- they are working to negotiate something with klemmer
- there is personal issues beyond money complaints

What is actually happening:
- The club is rebuilding and have drafted a plan for "long term" success not "short term".
- The mozzles, mbye, woods, graham and eastwood leaving have actually improved our fiscal position considerably. The club actually has more spending money and cap room than most other clubs.
- The club is not even close to seriously considering upgrading klem's contract significantly. They have emphasised that they do not want to create similar risks with high player salaries again. It is either a slight upgrade or no you can leave.
- the club doesn't actually think klemmer leaving is that big of a deal. They know ofahiki ogden (or fualolo- the names i heard) can fill in his shoes.
- the club knows they have potential to sign some star players that will reform the side.
- Also, klemmer does have other non-pay issues with the club. Still haven't figured this one out.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okay Mr & Mrs Anderson, balls in your court now, I have continued to bag yous due to how you have handled the Klemmer situation and the Mad Monday incident but now is time to make me eat my words and show us the fans that this board is different to the old board and won't back down to a pathetic team like the Knights, are we just going to back down and get nothing out of this or are we going to show them that we're no pushovers.

They are already making a fool out of us by talking about Klemmer joining them for pre-season and how he can't wait to run out in their colours so whats it going to be?
Yeh and?......Dogs won’t release him until we get what we want, and it doesn’t mean we want a player from Newcastle, it could be from the 14 other clubs, until we’re happy. We hold the cards on this one. We’re not getting bent over in this one! We have a list of players we’re going after. I’m sure most of us will be happy with the outcome except maybe a few who will still whinge.

terrylamb4lyfe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's not a breach of the rules if the club agrees to release him.

Everyone needs to relax here. I am a Klemmer fan and I think he is a decent man looking after his family financially. He does not have to be loyal to the club when it comes to family.

Now, only months ago we were all bagging the teams attack how shit, one dimensional and predictable it was. This style went on for a couple years. We'd had enough. We were saying how we need ball playing forwards (offloaders) to add flare to our attack. While Klemmer can make some metre's with his hitups they are very one dimensional and predictable. He tried at times to be first receiver and pass the ball out the back. This did nothing for our attack.

Moving Klemmer on is not the death of our team. In fact this will open up opportunities for ball playing forwards to come into our team and resurrect our attack. The like's of Martin Tapau is a must to bring flare to our attack but intimidation to our defence.

Let's not get caught up in the sentimental side of things if we want to move forward. For me, Klemmer has been a good servant for our club but we are in a new era with the Dogs needing a revamp. Let him go and let's move forward.
I know what you're saying but I can't get behind it entirely. Field position is enormous. Klemmer is the best forward in the comp at bringing the ball up to the redzone. How good will Ponga look when he's in attacking position constantly?

Yes, we need other forwards to be offloading and doing there thing, but you cannot look at the forwards entirely and thrust our attack and all of our squads problems on their shoulders. Our 1/6/7/9 have been dogshit for years which was the real issue, our forwards have kept us in games. We have Lewis, hopefully Foran doesnt die after 30mins of football and Meanie could be something. Lichaa is a write off obviously.

You say getting someone like Tapau will fix things, no doubt, losing Klem and getting Tapau is absolutely best case. What are the odds of it happening though? How many Tapau's is there in the game? The most likely scenario is that we lose Klemmer and end up with another fringe forward. There isnt much available on the market. Souths are desperate and are linked to Merrin today. Thats realistically to me, our best case scenario. Someone like Merrin. Clubs are paying overs for average forwards. People here have written off Tolman for 500 years because "hes a plodder", imagine what's coming down our pipeline shortly.

It's pretty clear to me were going to get fucked if Klemmer goes, and I just cannot drink the koolaid that seems to be getting dispensed to calm people down. At present, Klem is literally the only player on our roster besides Lewis that you cannot let go under any circumstance. If Klemmer goes this will be another mistake we look at in 5 years and ask ourselves how the fuck we let it happen.

Status
Not open for further replies.