Losing Our Best

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
If it’s true that Klemmer has already asked for a release 3 times then it should shut a few up that says we should just say no to a release. You can’t have a player holding the club to ransom trying to get more money out of the club. One player can easily turn the club toxic. Now Newcastle are offering Klemmer huge overs and it would be irresponsible of the board to match it or even get close to matching it. Once you start paying players more then they are worth its a slippery slide especially for a prop who is whilst is the best metre eater in the game has little to no offload.

I don't think any one is asking the club to match the offer, we just don't want Klemmer and Knights to benefit from all this and we come out as losers.

We are fucked next year anyways with or without klemmer so why not make him see his contract through? we have got nothing to lose but maybe we can gain something at the end. Letting klemmer go half way through his contract will make us a guaranteed loser and will set a wrong precedent for other players in the club and the future ones that a contract with Dogs is worth less than the used toilet paper.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don't think any one is asking the club to match the offer, we just don't want Klemmer and Knights to benefit from all this and we come out as losers.

We are fucked next year anyways with or without klemmer so why not make him see his contract through? we have got nothing to lose but maybe we can gain something at the end. Letting klemmer go half way through his contract will make us a guaranteed loser and will set a wrong precedent for other players in the club and the future ones that a contract with Dogs is worth less than the used toilet paper.
He doesn't want to be here and who knows how toxic it can become? He will free up plenty of salary cap and it gives us a lot more freedom to strengthen other positions.

Contracts NRL wide are regarded as toilet paper its not just at the 'Dogs. You watch how many players will move under contract in the next few weeks with all these new coaches.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
He doesn't want to be here and who knows how toxic it can become? He will free up plenty of salary cap and it gives us a lot more freedom to strengthen other positions.

Contracts NRL wide are regarded as toilet paper its not just at the 'Dogs. You watch how many players will move under contract in the next few weeks with all these new coaches.
that's ok , he can sit out the entire 2 years if he is not happy , eastwood did that for almost the entire season last year and he was not even unhappy.

Like I said, we shouldn't be making it so damn fucken easier for Knights and klemmer. If we don't gain anything out of this no one else does either.

We are fucked next year anyways so we can not go any worse in terms of our condition.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
that's ok , he can sit out the entire 2 years if he is not happy , eastwood did that for almost the entire season last year and he was not even unhappy.

Like I said, we shouldn't be making it so damn fucken easier for Knights and klemmer. If we don't gain anything out of this no one else does either.

We are fucked next year anyways so we can not go any worse in terms of our condition.
Wasting a big chunk of the cap would put us in a worse position if we sit him out! Its not like we won't use that coin freed up from Klemmers contract to bring in more players......

It was dumb last year having Eastwood chew up cap space in ISP no one wanted him otherwise he would have gone to.

How do you know we are making it easier? Nothing has been finalised.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Wasting a big chunk of the cap would put us in a worse position if we sit him out! Its not like we won't use that coin freed up from Klemmers contract to bring in more players......

It was dumb last year having Eastwood chew up cap space in ISP no one wanted him otherwise he would have gone to.

How do you know we are making it easier? Nothing has been finalised.

there is no big name player available for next 2 years to replace klemmer anyway so what are we going to do with his freed up cash?

when was the last time we made it difficult for an opposition club poaching our big name players in the middle of a contract?

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Get it right!!!! Don’t get hypnotised by that flogger Rothfield’s bullshit.
1) Klemmer is 2 years into a4 year contract that he personally negotiated.
2) Rothfield fails to mention that in years 3&4 His contract increases to $800k+
3) Klemmer is not leaving for personal reasons.... it’s for a fistful more $
4) the current board did not negotiate Klemmer’s contract - Dib did, when Dib walked so did Klemmer’s top up TPA, hence where the problem lies.

5) Hill has performed disappointingly & has been a let down-not the CEO the Bulldogs need right now.
It’s also time Steve Price & Paul Dunn became more seen & heard .... as they were prior to the elections
Time for this duo with so much business acumen and Bulldogs DNA to step it up
This is bullshit, if a player leaves for personal reasons then they should not be allowed to play NRL at another club till their contract time is up.
If they leave and do play for another nrl team they should be fined heavily for breaching their contract .

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
there is no big name player available for next 2 years to replace klemmer anyway so what are we going to do with his freed up cash?

when was the last time we made it difficult for an opposition club poaching our big name players in the middle of a contract?
So every other player is held to their contract at every single other club? It happens everywhere and there will be plenty of player movement with these new coaches on board.

We have been making it difficult for Klemmer this is the THIRD time he has asked for a release!

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score

We target clubs with players we want.

I would throw Des 2 bones - Foran & Klemmer

Des needs to return 2 bones with a big chunk of meat on each - Turbo Bros

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
So every other player is held to their contract at every single other club? It happens everywhere and there will be plenty of player movement with these new coaches on board.

We have been making it difficult for Klemmer this is the THIRD time he has asked for a release!

third time in last 1 year.

He signed this contract not long ago , no one had the gun on his head.

We could have signed some other gun prop had he not signed that contract , we missed out on the opportunity of replacing him when the top forwards were available and we didn't look for them cos klemmer was signed already.

Just like Des sued us for loss income and won as he was not searching for a coaching role assuming he had a contract with dogs for another 2 years , where is our compensation for missing out on potential top star forward to replace klemmer?

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
We target clubs with players we want.

I would throw Des 2 bones - Foran & Klemmer

Des needs to return 2 bones with a big chunk of meat on each - Turbo Bros

I am sure majority of the dogs fans would be happy with this swap.

but I know it aint gonna happen

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
third time in last 1 year.

He signed this contract not long ago , no one had the gun on his head.

We could have signed some other gun prop had he not signed that contract , we missed out on the opportunity of replacing him when the top forwards were available and we didn't look for them cos klemmer was signed already.

Just like Des sued us for loss income and won as he was not searching for a coaching role assuming he had a contract with dogs for another 2 years , where is our compensation for missing out on potential top star forward to replace klemmer?
Yeah I agree with that but nothing has been sorted out yet! Wait and see what happens with it.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You have been chipping away at the new board since day one mr habibi dib.

klemmer was furious when dibby & des didnt re-sign reynolds and brought in haslers step son. Klemmer made it clear he was not happy and that foran was not needed. than you have the treatment of graham. Its been done to death, but its good to refresh ones fried memory

Klemmer having hissy fits about TPA's. True or not? Who knows.

2 things which are certain is that
1. Club cannot agree any tpas and
2. Previous board arranged klemmers tpas, so if klemmer has issues there is sfa the board can do

Kapish?

Klemmers biggest mistake was getting involved with Isaac Moses and allowing that scumbag to feed the trolls in tossfield and weidler, making our club look like shit.

remember one thing, tapau, finucane, cook, ennis, pritchard, kasiano, graham, reynolds, barba, rona were all let go by the previous board and never replaced with anything better. This current board is trying to clean up the mess and the biggest problem is that there is sfa available on the open market to try and have a quick fix, and now they are forced to search for good players who are all under contract, and somehow break protocol and convince them to come over to belmore, because impatient tools like yourself do not understand how it works.

To top it off you have dickheads like klemmer who cannot honour there word.

As far as i am concerned, a big fuck you and a gigantic big black dick up ray dibs ass, along with Castle, Hasbeen, Cleal, Greenturd and fuck you to klemmer as well
Critisicing the current board isnt support for the old board...

Just because the previous board stuffed things up doesnt automatically make the new board a guarentee for success and immune from criticism..

The club is now inexperienced from the Front office to the coach to the FG players..

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I need a few burner accounts to give your post the correct kudos it deserves. You are 100% right.

It's not just a case of "releasing Klemmer", its the predecent it will set, and the other players we will lose (because guarantee if Klemmer goes others will too).

Every bit of good work the club and board have done to date means nothing if we release Klemmer and/or Foran, because it will be a slippery slope.

If we don't retain Klemmer the board may as well not even bother to stand for re-election.

People thought the winds of change were good, but can someone remind me how many players we had walk out mid season under the previous board? Or how many contract fuckups we had?

I gave this board a chance and I had high hopes, but every time something postive comes up, they fuck things up twice as bad somewhere else.

I mean.. fucks sake spelling 4 players names wrong on a Members Forum presentation. If we cant even get players names right, what luck do we have with anything else.

The whole thing is club is so unprofessional now it's not funny.... and I voiced this before they even got in.
You don't think that the previous Board has anything to do with all this crap? If not you are delusional.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Reading through all the rumour, innuendo, and reasoning on this thread, two things come to light. The first one is that David Klemmer is under contract, he is our biggest name player, and we should not budge. If he chooses to walk out, he is not playing anywhere until the expiration of his contract. The second issue is that if Chris and Lynne Anderson wish to run the club like its 1982, they are kidding themselves. This family club bullshit is overrated, and does not produce success. Roosters board has a net worth of well over $1 Billion dollars, and ours not even 1/10th of that. Despite Dib's shortcomings, he was able to make things happen with TPAs. Money outside the cap (TPA) = Star Players =happy players = results = sponsorship = membership = continued success.
Yep Dib was able to make things happen wasn't he? Just look at how well he ran the salary cap. He (along with Des & Raels) are the reason we are going through this pain. Under the rules, the Club is not allowed to arrange TPAs (& there is a huge issue with the NRL on this one & how it is obviously being abused).

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’m not for the previous board, I’m not for this board - I’m for the BLUE AND WHITE OF THE BULLDOGS, FULL FK’N STOP!

The previous board made huge self motivated errors, this board is not fixing anything in my view.

Klemmer and Jackson and the ONLY 2 players worthy of our top dollar AND attracting other players. Who’d want to come to play alongside Montoya, Holland, RFM, Hopoate etc as a draw card. Not knocking them, but they are not the type of players who attract others. Apart from Klemmer and Jackson the rest are just club men. We lose Klemmer and what? Players will come and take market value or under to play for Pay?? To play for our emblem?? No way, us fans are the only ones who are loyal to our emblem, and fair enough, it’s a business and these players want the money too.

Is Klemmer worth over a mil?? For mine, no, but no forward is. Not even Taumololo. That money is for 1,6,7,9 and that’s it. I think Klemmer’s value is somewhere between what those desperate fools led by the Johns media mafia are offering and what our pathetic club “tricked” him in to getting. Well done previous board - get a player this good for way unders - that’s clearly worked... clearly freed up heaps of cash for marquees too... where are they???

We can not let him go, we just can’t. Make him happy ffs new board, I don’t know how you do this, and to be quite frank, I don’t even know if you’re capable of it.... I’ve lost faith in this club. I’ll never stop supporting, but I sure as shit won’t become a member again until I see this shitfest fixed.
I don't think anybody tricked Klemmer. I just think the market has changed dramatically. As far as I am concerned if you sign a contract you should honour it & That goes for the clubs & the players. It is one of the 3 big issues in rugby league. That & referees & the salary cap.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
When a bloke is asking for tpa payments that aren’t being paid, it is fair go to have a grievance. If true management have not addressed this, it’s a rookie error.
But they are not guaranteed by clubs & cannot be organised by clubs or so says the NRL.

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This reminds me of my job recently where my management wasn't supporting and backing me which forced me to look around,i feel if klem was treated a bit better and shown a bit more love he wouldnt have even looked around
Were you on a fixed time contract?

Reaction score
This reminds me of my job recently where my management wasnt supporting and backing me which forced me to look around,i feel if klem was treated a bit better and shown a bit more love he wouldnt have even looked around
difference is you didn't have an agent come on board midway through a deal, and that agent wanting to accelerate the time period where they could get a payday off you

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I laugh at Dibs relatives on here blaming the board and wanting them to go. Fuck Dib, the **** along with Castle and Hasler fucked this club. Full stop.
Yes lets just keep blaming Dib and Des for the next 10 years even for the muggy weather today.

The new board has stuffed this up, not being able to keep our biggest assets.

The same way the current admin stuffed up mad Monday and other things this year.

This is the worst ive seen the club since 2008, but this looks worse as I cant see how we will improve on the field anytime soon.

nangsta

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You have been chipping away at the new board since day one mr habibi dib.

klemmer was furious when dibby & des didnt re-sign reynolds and brought in haslers step son. Klemmer made it clear he was not happy and that foran was not needed. than you have the treatment of graham. Its been done to death, but its good to refresh ones fried memory

Klemmer having hissy fits about TPA's. True or not? Who knows.

2 things which are certain is that
1. Club cannot agree any tpas and
2. Previous board arranged klemmers tpas, so if klemmer has issues there is sfa the board can do

Kapish?

Klemmers biggest mistake was getting involved with Isaac Moses and allowing that scumbag to feed the trolls in tossfield and weidler, making our club look like shit.

remember one thing, tapau, finucane, cook, ennis, pritchard, kasiano, graham, reynolds, barba, rona were all let go by the previous board and never replaced with anything better. This current board is trying to clean up the mess and the biggest problem is that there is sfa available on the open market to try and have a quick fix, and now they are forced to search for good players who are all under contract, and somehow break protocol and convince them to come over to belmore, because impatient tools like yourself do not understand how it works.

To top it off you have dickheads like klemmer who cannot honour there word.

As far as i am concerned, a big fuck you and a gigantic big black dick up ray dibs ass, along with Castle, Hasbeen, Cleal, Greenturd and fuck you to klemmer as well
Yes its a conspiracy. The current people in charge of our club are doing a great job.