Red Dead Redemption II

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Go nuts on the nuggets at Maccas. You can about 50 nuggets for $10.
Last time I was in the US I ate a McGriddle almost every morning. No idea why we don't have those magical things over here.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
After spending hours running around causing problems, I went back to camp and carried out a mission only to realise that I was still doing the friggin tutorial.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
A couple of things I don't like about this game. Let me say first that I really love this game but there's a few things that annoy me:

1) it's so realistic that the breaks in realism are really noticible. For example, when I set up a camp and have been there for several months, then some random NPC mentions something that happened months ago as if it happened minutes ago. The other thing being the fact that I get this amazing kick arse tank of a horse and it tells me to get rid of it. I refuse but it won't let me continue until I scrap it and replace it with a crappy pony

2) the fucking ambushes. I love challenging games. The Dark Souls games are some of the greatest games every created. But this isn't challenging. It's just impossible. Every time I kill something and take it's skin, on the way back I get jumped by 10 guys. Doesn't matter what I do. Run, fight, lay on the ground looking like a left wing gender confused man boy girl. Each time I get slaughtered within seconds

3) half the fucking time my weapon doesn't work. I am the now or gun and fire and nothing happens. Then it'll randomly start working again. Originally it was because I had the elite trigger lock on. But now it happens with the lock off. That could also be a bug with the elite controller but it works with everything else

4) he's a slow ****. Seriously. When the mission says, "stow x item in horse". Walk up to the horse. Press x to stow. He fiddles with the horse. Then stops. Looks around. Thinks about his mother. Has a cup of tea. Then puts the item in the horse stow area. I know he sounds like a redneck but just fucking do it you slow arse cowboy ****

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
A couple of things I don't like about this game. Let me say first that I really love this game but there's a few things that annoy me:

1) it's so realistic that the breaks in realism are really noticible. For example, when I set up a camp and have been there for several months, then some random NPC mentions something that happened months ago as if it happened minutes ago. The other thing being the fact that I get this amazing kick arse tank of a horse and it tells me to get rid of it. I refuse but it won't let me continue until I scrap it and replace it with a crappy pony

2) the fucking ambushes. I love challenging games. The Dark Souls games are some of the greatest games every created. But this isn't challenging. It's just impossible. Every time I kill something and take it's skin, on the way back I get jumped by 10 guys. Doesn't matter what I do. Run, fight, lay on the ground looking like a left wing gender confused man boy girl. Each time I get slaughtered within seconds

3) half the fucking time my weapon doesn't work. I am the now or gun and fire and nothing happens. Then it'll randomly start working again. Originally it was because I had the elite trigger lock on. But now it happens with the lock off. That could also be a bug with the elite controller but it works with everything else

4) he's a slow ****. Seriously. When the mission says, "stow x item in horse". Walk up to the horse. Press x to stow. He fiddles with the horse. Then stops. Looks around. Thinks about his mother. Has a cup of tea. Then puts the item in the horse stow area. I know he sounds like a redneck but just fucking do it you slow arse cowboy ****
1, 2 and 3 haven't happened to me yet but a big FKN OATH on 4.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Also noticed you can get 1 shot kills if you auto aim and tap up quickly, usually neck or head shot guaranteed.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
had to restart as i started killing people and my bounty became ridiculous. good tip is to save often and in different slots especially if you're wanting to try and test things.

chris_e_fresh

The Virtual One
Reaction score
i brought the hair tonic, but its not in the inventory, need to grow this beard

Reaction score
Ok where the fuck do you store your pelts?

I just got the crafting tools for the camp so I wanna make shit early in the game.
i noticed that if you have any legendary pelts on you, if you die you lose them. but they are still available at the trapper to craft the stuff they're used for.

but any perfect pelts you're carrying get totally lost if you die

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
i noticed that if you have any legendary pelts on you, if you die you lose them. but they are still available at the trapper to craft the stuff they're used for.

but any perfect pelts you're carrying get totally lost if you die
I left my legendary bear pelt at camp then it was gone. You think it would be at the trappers?

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is there a way of turning off the camera sway during a gunfight? WTF is with that?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I left my legendary bear pelt at camp then it was gone. You think it would be at the trappers?
Yep. The legendary pelts automatically transfer to the trappers. I got ambushed and killed with the legendary bear pelt. Had the shits but googled it and found out that you can literally skin the bear and leave the pelt next to the bear and it'll still transport to the trapper.