Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
People need to think of what this does as the repercussions are far greater than people realise.

If the club move Foran on, and the club grant Klemmer a release.. what does this say to:
a) our currently signed players.
b) players looking at clubs.

For our currently signed players it tells them that contracts mean nothing and the club will be happy to release you (and pay part of your baggage) if another club offers you a better deal (regardless how long you have with us). More players will go, GUARANTEED. Elliott, Martin, Jackson, Reimis Smith, Lewis ... expect pretty much every decent player we have to put the feelers out, and out dumb ***** will sit back and agree to release them.

For players looking to come to the club, why would they bother? The club don't give a fuck about trying to retain talent, the club just get walked all over by every.other.NRL.SIDE, OH and they won't have your back either.

May as well just shut the fucking club down and relocate because honestly NOBODY seems to give a shit about the place anymore except for the fans.
Coaches have different opinions on players, perhaps we fans get carried away with players we like or do't like. I'm sure that Anderson has as much say as Pay with recruitment and retention and they don't value Klemmer as much as some of us fans do.
Perhaps Klemmer has the shits from what might have happened last year but he should remember that what happened last year is water under the bridge.
If his backended contract is around $1M for the next 2 years it is very close to what he is allegedly been offered by the Knights. If the club really valued Klemmer I cant see why they wouldn't extend his contract for one or two more years on the, $1 M he will alegedly be payed for the next 2 years.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Klemmer is not worth a $1 million a season. He just takes the ball up they gang tackle him and put him on his back and rarely passes the ball. Let him go he doesn't want to play for the Bulldogs, also let Foran go as well. If any other players don't want to be there let them go as well.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Knights can get fucked. They can sign Napa and Lodge, or Beastwood if they need forwards.

Sick of our club paying for every other team in the NRL to get stronger... it's a fucking joke.

Our club need to complain to the NRL about Newcastle attempting to poach or players, and request Moses be terminated as a player manager.

Rothfields word... which means nothing.
Yes Rothfield is a liar & spive.
However it is more than just Rothfield saying the club gave permission for Klemmer to speak with other clubs.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Coaches have different opinions on players, perhaps we fans get carried away with players we like or do't like. I'm sure that Anderson has as much say as Pay with recruitment and retention and they don't value Klemmer as much as some of us fans do.
Perhaps Klemmer has the shits from what might have happened last year but he should remember that what happened last year is water under the bridge.
If his backended contract is around $1M for the next 2 years it is very close to what he is allegedly been offered by the Knights. If the club really valued Klemmer I cant see why they wouldn't extend his contract for one or two more years on the, $1 M he will alegedly be payed for the next 2 years.
Unless of course there is a deliberate agenda being run.
1. Klemmer goes.
2. Frees up another $1m in the salary cap this year.
3. More player contracts are forward loaded this season.
4. Team misses the 8 this year maybe bottom 4.
5. It is decided Pay is not the man for the job.
6. We have a new coach for 2020 with a big war chest.

Conspiracy theory yes, but I'm just saying.

Oh free advice to Dean Pay, I would be asking for a contract extension sooner rather than later.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Klemmer is not worth a $1 million a season. He just takes the ball up they gang tackle him and put him on his back and rarely passes the ball. Let him go he doesn't want to play for the Bulldogs, also let Foran go as well. If any other players don't want to be there let them go as well.
Exactly.... BUT, Taupau in return for Foran.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately "OUR CLUB" have a history of being very poor in handling situations like this, why not just come out nip it in the bud with the truth and move on! no matter how disappointing the news is .......... if in our case the fans and members are aware of whats happening then the rumors and the media have no substance BUT, "NO...... NOT AT THE BULLDOGS" WE JUST KEEP GETTING IT WRONG!!:rage::rage::rage:

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Like I have said before.............. the Klemmer shit has been smoldering for over a year now, poor 3rd party payments, Woodsy his closest friend being forced out, 2 Captains gonski, Coach sacked, Mad Monday bull shit....maybe the Missus has had enough of the place too who knows? reading between the lines Big Klem has not been a happy chappy for over a year now playing in the Royal Blue and White strip and if that is the case then please move on David Klemmer and thank you for your services.

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Unfortunately "OUR CLUB" have a history of being very poor in handling situations like this, why not just come out nip it in the bud with the truth and move on! no matter how disappointing the news is .......... if in our case the fans and members are aware of whats happening then the rumors and the media have no substance BUT, "NO...... NOT AT THE BULLDOGS" WE JUST KEEP GETTING IT WRONG!!:rage::rage::rage:
They know what they're doing.
If they came out now, what do you think that would do to their membership numbers....think about it.
It's all a business.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
They know what they're doing.
If they came out now, what do you think that would do to their membership numbers....think about it.
It's all a business.
TBH....they have already lost a shit load after all the ceap over the last 2 years, I don't think there would be too many more over this shit!!

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Like I have said before.............. the Klemmer shit has been smoldering for over a year now, poor 3rd party payments, Woodsy his closest friend being forced out, 2 Captains gonski, Coach sacked, Mad Monday bull shit....maybe the Missus has had enough of the place too who knows? reading between the lines Big Klem has not been a happy chappy for over a year now playing in the Royal Blue and White strip and if that is the case then please move on David Klemmer and thank you for your services.
Dogs would currently be one of the least appealing clubs for players to want to go to or stay at the moment.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I reckon he's gone. They said on the news yesterday that he had a medical... at fucking Newcastle. Plus (nor the club) have come out denying these rumors.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Makes me sad... Napa is certainly not a leader and drifts in and out of games... Hargreaves instead :grinning:
Agree. If the shoulder charge was still part of the game, Napa would be very handy. He does still have a fear factor about him but dosent produce the form required consistently to be a great pick up.
Maybe a fresh start would do him good.

liljohny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
His missus is in for a real treat now. Hanging out with Pearcey and SKD!

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
Here I am again searching for answers about Klemmer. This is all I can fucking do all day. 35 pages is a strong rumour.

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not panic, we are signing another top class forward to replace klemmer, he won’t be released till this particular player has been signed, he’s overseas at the moment but we are in discussions with his agent....

El_Magic

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Do not panic, we are signing another top class forward to replace klemmer, he won’t be released till this particular player has been signed, he’s overseas at the moment but we are in discussions with his agent....
Please tell me ita tapau

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
I hate this. It's almost confirmed that Klemmer's gone :( Why David, Why? :'(

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good for you mate but that simply isn't the way football is done these days. Not sure why everyone is so upset. If we were the club getting him we'd be stoked! OK .. maybe not for that much ;)
Bro, for the 30th time (lol) I'll be upset if we don't play hard ball with knights. I'll be upset if we end up with a shit deal and/or shit players.

Like I mentioned before, there has to be a reason why he was allowed only to talk to the knights?

PS what happens in the real world if you break a contract?

Status
Not open for further replies.