Losing Our Best

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Since 2004 weve lost the biggest names in our team and in the NRL, most of them mid contract

JT
Mason
SBW
Barba
Now maybe Klemmer

All these guys made their FG debuts at our club

Somethings clearly wrong, superclub we arent, and clearly the club hasnt a clue about how to keep its star players happy.

the precedent set in allowing great players to walkout with ease (without atleast securing replacements) has set a dangerous precedent

If Lynne & board allow Klemmer to leave basically all our players are off contract 100% of the time

Ive heard from several people several on the current board dont appreciate how difficult it is to attract and successfully recruit big name sought after players

If they let Klemmer go they wont be able to attract anyone of note to replace him, only players surplus at other clubs

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I need a few burner accounts to give your post the correct kudos it deserves. You are 100% right.

It's not just a case of "releasing Klemmer", its the predecent it will set, and the other players we will lose (because guarantee if Klemmer goes others will too).

Every bit of good work the club and board have done to date means nothing if we release Klemmer and/or Foran, because it will be a slippery slope.

If we don't retain Klemmer the board may as well not even bother to stand for re-election.

People thought the winds of change were good, but can someone remind me how many players we had walk out mid season under the previous board? Or how many contract fuckups we had?

I gave this board a chance and I had high hopes, but every time something postive comes up, they fuck things up twice as bad somewhere else.

I mean.. fucks sake spelling 4 players names wrong on a Members Forum presentation. If we cant even get players names right, what luck do we have with anything else.

The whole thing is club is so unprofessional now it's not funny.... and I voiced this before they even got in.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Don't forget Ben homesick Hannant who left when he still had a year left on his contract.

SweetFA

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Since 2004 weve lost the biggest names in our team and in the NRL, most of them mid contract

JT
Mason
SBW
Barba
Now maybe Klemmer

Somethings clearly wrong, superclub we arent, and clearly the club hasnt a clue about how to keep its star players happy.

the precedent set in allowing great players to walkout with ease (without atleast securing replacements) has set a dangerous precedent

If Lynne & board allow Klemmer to leave basically all our players are off contract 100% of the time

Ive heard from several people several on the current board dont appreciate how difficult it is to attract and successfully recruit big name sought after players

If they let Klemmer go they wont be able to attract anyone of note to replace him, only players surplus at other clubs
Get it right!!!! Don’t get hypnotised by that flogger Rothfield’s bullshit.
1) Klemmer is 2 years into a4 year contract that he personally negotiated.
2) Rothfield fails to mention that in years 3&4 His contract increases to $800k+
3) Klemmer is not leaving for personal reasons.... it’s for a fistful more $
4) the current board did not negotiate Klemmer’s contract - Dib did, when Dib walked so did Klemmer’s top up TPA, hence where the problem lies.

5) Hill has performed disappointingly & has been a let down-not the CEO the Bulldogs need right now.
It’s also time Steve Price & Paul Dunn became more seen & heard .... as they were prior to the elections
Time for this duo with so much business acumen and Bulldogs DNA to step it up

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
We need to pillage other clubs juniors... none of this Cogger, Meaney and Crichton business, we need to hit up the likes of Kyle Flanagan, Blayke Brailey, Jarome Luai etc. we need to force clubs to pay overs to try keep players like this so it will in turn make top line players In said squad more prone to being poached.
No more playing nice from our club just be fucking ruthless.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He's not gone yet if the article is anything to go by. If anything it could just be that the board allowed him to check his market worth and his manager decided to play the media to get more offers cropping up. But it's a shame this is being played out in the media.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
klemmers biggest attribute was his aggression which he lost about 2 years ago which we desperately need from dylan napa, long story short we need a total makeover ala 2009

crack

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
You are spot on , Klemmer wants more money and so be it , you need to have players at the club that bleed blue and white and I think he is one of them , we let him walk , then what’s to stop all these Newcastle juniors walking if they become guns! We already set the precedent with the guys you mentioned, it’s time to stop and reverse it , no one leaves unless we want them to go !

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
The info ive got on how this issue with Klemmer has come about is:
1. Klemmer was first upset when Woods was being let go & he offered to take a paycut to keep his mate & fellow Australian front rower here. Woods also didnt want to leave. Main reason Woods came was to be with Klem. He was offered more money elsewhere but both Klem & Woods wanted to play alongside each other. Woods used to hang out with many of our players even when he was at Tigers, just because of Klemmer.

The club showed Klem no love or sympathy when he was unhappy re Woods being shopped around & the club failed to address the issue with him.. they went along the lines of its a business.. Board member says Lynne & Chris made rookie error into thinking Klemmer was under contract & he cant go anywhere..

Klemmers manager goes back soon after Woods is released & asks about Klemmers TPAs not being met..

Club responds that they dont deal with TPAs & its not their issue & management now is very different from previously re TPAs.. TPA issue is brought up several more times but is not addressed..

Mad Monday happens & several players including Klemmer tell the club to go easy on Elliott & support him.. Elliott apparantly has not been well since mad Monday fiasco..

Several players including Klemmer are left unhappy with the clubs reaction & treatment of players involved & lack of support..

2 current board members are very unhappy with the way Klemmer has been handled & have let previous board members and people involved from even before the previous board know about it.. these include people that used to be involved with the club under Bullfrogs tenure..

Bulldog_NJ

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Reading through all the rumour, innuendo, and reasoning on this thread, two things come to light. The first one is that David Klemmer is under contract, he is our biggest name player, and we should not budge. If he chooses to walk out, he is not playing anywhere until the expiration of his contract. The second issue is that if Chris and Lynne Anderson wish to run the club like its 1982, they are kidding themselves. This family club bullshit is overrated, and does not produce success. Roosters board has a net worth of well over $1 Billion dollars, and ours not even 1/10th of that. Despite Dib's shortcomings, he was able to make things happen with TPAs. Money outside the cap (TPA) = Star Players =happy players = results = sponsorship = membership = continued success.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It is a shambles of a club. And there is way too much to list in how unprofessionally run the organisation is.

I mean we signed a part time footballer in hoppa. Who does that? It’s just plain retarded.

If klemmer goes then this board should follow. You can’t release your only rep caliber player. I know the deal was brokered under the snake dibs watch who dicked the club after his exit, but still name me one other board that would release a player with 2 years left?

We should convince him to stay and fix him up next contract.

And a bigger dick move is how mbye, woods, Foran could be on close to a million, and the only guy with genuine passion for the club feels under paid.

Shame on the club, shame on the board and shame on the previous administration and coach. I’m
Literally done with the club and will not be getting a membership anytime soon because any funds contributed to the club is condoning all these self motivated board members.

No one has the best interest of the club at heart besides us fans which is sad. So we should stop financially propping up the team and the board.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m not for the previous board, I’m not for this board - I’m for the BLUE AND WHITE OF THE BULLDOGS, FULL FK’N STOP!

The previous board made huge self motivated errors, this board is not fixing anything in my view.

Klemmer and Jackson and the ONLY 2 players worthy of our top dollar AND attracting other players. Who’d want to come to play alongside Montoya, Holland, RFM, Hopoate etc as a draw card. Not knocking them, but they are not the type of players who attract others. Apart from Klemmer and Jackson the rest are just club men. We lose Klemmer and what? Players will come and take market value or under to play for Pay?? To play for our emblem?? No way, us fans are the only ones who are loyal to our emblem, and fair enough, it’s a business and these players want the money too.

Is Klemmer worth over a mil?? For mine, no, but no forward is. Not even Taumololo. That money is for 1,6,7,9 and that’s it. I think Klemmer’s value is somewhere between what those desperate fools led by the Johns media mafia are offering and what our pathetic club “tricked” him in to getting. Well done previous board - get a player this good for way unders - that’s clearly worked... clearly freed up heaps of cash for marquees too... where are they???

We can not let him go, we just can’t. Make him happy ffs new board, I don’t know how you do this, and to be quite frank, I don’t even know if you’re capable of it.... I’ve lost faith in this club. I’ll never stop supporting, but I sure as shit won’t become a member again until I see this shitfest fixed.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I laugh at Dibs relatives on here blaming the board and wanting them to go. Fuck Dib, the **** along with Castle and Hasler fucked this club. Full stop.

Turvey Chip and Chase

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I laugh at Dibs relatives on here blaming the board and wanting them to go. Fuck Dib, the **** along with Castle and Hasler fucked this club. Full stop.
Spot on with your assessment - for mine though, the new board needs to be better and I fear they are not getting us where we need. You can’t go ignoring concerns of our only Australian player who has been a lifelong fan. I don’t trust Pay to bring us in any genuine marquee type players without at least Jackson and Klemmer in his team

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
When a bloke is asking for tpa payments that aren’t being paid, it is fair go to have a grievance. If true management have not addressed this, it’s a rookie error.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Spot on with your assessment - for mine though, the new board needs to be better and I fear they are not getting us where we need. You can’t go ignoring concerns of our only Australian player who has been a lifelong fan. I don’t trust Pay to bring us in any genuine marquee type players without at least Jackson and Klemmer in his team

I do agree with you. But at same time i do trust in their judgement as well and willing to give them a chance.
I hate Pay with a passion and I honestly can't see him being resigned if we have another poor season as.
If Klem really loved the club he wouldn't have asked for a release 3 times. Hindmarsh played for a shitty club knowing well he wouldnt win a premiership and yet stayed loyal to the end. That's what a clubman really does if he loves his club.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
This reminds me of my job recently where my management wasnt supporting and backing me which forced me to look around,i feel if klem was treated a bit better and shown a bit more love he wouldnt have even looked around

Kennelnator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

JT
Mason
SBW
Barba
Now maybe Klemmer

You have been chipping away at the new board since day one mr habibi dib.

klemmer was furious when dibby & des didnt re-sign reynolds and brought in haslers step son. Klemmer made it clear he was not happy and that foran was not needed. than you have the treatment of graham. Its been done to death, but its good to refresh ones fried memory

Klemmer having hissy fits about TPA's. True or not? Who knows.

2 things which are certain is that
1. Club cannot agree any tpas and
2. Previous board arranged klemmers tpas, so if klemmer has issues there is sfa the board can do

Kapish?

Klemmers biggest mistake was getting involved with Isaac Moses and allowing that scumbag to feed the trolls in tossfield and weidler, making our club look like shit.

remember one thing, tapau, finucane, cook, ennis, pritchard, kasiano, graham, reynolds, barba, rona were all let go by the previous board and never replaced with anything better. This current board is trying to clean up the mess and the biggest problem is that there is sfa available on the open market to try and have a quick fix, and now they are forced to search for good players who are all under contract, and somehow break protocol and convince them to come over to belmore, because impatient tools like yourself do not understand how it works.

To top it off you have dickheads like klemmer who cannot honour there word.

As far as i am concerned, a big fuck you and a gigantic big black dick up ray dibs ass, along with Castle, Hasbeen, Cleal, Greenturd and fuck you to klemmer as well

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
People are slowly realising how much that piece of shit has fucked our club.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it’s true that Klemmer has already asked for a release 3 times then it should shut a few up that says we should just say no to a release. You can’t have a player holding the club to ransom trying to get more money out of the club. One player can easily turn the club toxic. Now Newcastle are offering Klemmer huge overs and it would be irresponsible of the board to match it or even get close to matching it. Once you start paying players more then they are worth its a slippery slide especially for a prop who is the best metre eater in the game but has little to no offload.

Last edited: