Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
The Board has been silent and I think thats a good thing. But being silent doesnt mean that nothing is happening.
Whatever happens will be done with the best interests of the club.

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
If he was out of contract then yeah its fair enough but playing the "personal reasons" card to get out of the contract for cash leaves a bit to be desired.

He's not worth that type of coin.
Completely agree. But fact remains he's been offered a HUGE amount which HE knows is well over market value. It's a once in a lifetime chance and I don't blame him for grabbing at it.

I'll stand by my comments that we'll be stronger out of this as Newcastle offering that much for a prop is also going to unsettle their squad especially their star players. Of course we can offer him more, but ...

Tassie Devil

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I blame him for being a boy and not a man of his word.
Why would he be a 'man of his word'? Come one, let's be real here. If you were offered 400,000 more a year for 4 years to change your job you wouldn't move heaven & earth to do it?

Football is business these days, I think that's been lost on a few on here. It's unfortunate, but a fact.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Now Sydney Morning Herald is reporting that Klemmer has cleared the Knights medical.

what da fuq is going on?

Is this a rumour still?
I actually want him to piss off already. Pre season starts soon, but no the selfish klemmer is stuffing it up for the club again. We always get distracted by this bullshit. Sell him to the knights and buy latrell mitchell or something. I guarantee you latrell will provide more than klemmer.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Ok so let me get this right.
1) Klemmer on a 4 year Contract worth ~700K a year.
2) Previous Board/Management backended his contract so this last year he received 400K and next two years he gets ~ 1 Mill a year out of the next two years cap.
3) Klemmer has requested a release to take up on offer that the Dogs cannot or will not compete with 1.2 Mill a year for a Prop.
4) Newcastle are desperate to sign Klemmer and nothing can happen unless the dogs are happy with the compensation and say yes.
5) If the Knights will not provide the right compensation, then the Dogs tried for Klemmer but the Knights didn't want him enough.
6) How does Daniel Saffiti and Kaylan Ponga, or Jesse Raimien and Tim Glasby sound.
7) All the control is with the Dogs they have to agree.
8) If the Dogs didn't try Klemmer would have the shits, and wouldn't be half the player he is.
9) I think this could be a smart play from the Dogs, but it could go horribly wrong.....lets wait and see.

What I do know is that Klemmer is probably the only one to come out of this with a hit on his reputation.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Why would he be a 'man of his word'? Come one, let's be real here. If you were offered 400,000 more a year for 4 years to change your job you wouldn't move heaven & earth to do it?

Football is business these days, I think that's been lost on a few on here. It's unfortunate, but a fact.
Well if i signed a contract id honour it. I guess that's the toxic masculinity these soy boys whinge about.

It became a business back in the late 90's. Might be lost on a few here but not me.

Cook

Kennel Addict
Reaction score

What about all the players being overpaid when there form drops taking a pay cut. The fact he signed a long contract is for security reasons. He could have copped an injury and missed a lot of footy. It's a joke that this can happen. As a club we would have to ensure we have a big contingency plan. And get financial compensation from the Knights

Doomsdaydog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
anyone else here the swap rumour about Joseph Manu & Napa for Klemmer?

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Or fuck both off and chase first heavy duty spine player we can land.

Anyone know what top spine players are available for 2020?

@Mr Invisible looking at you son, you're always on top of stuff like this.
1. Abso
6. Lutely
7. Shit
9. House

It's not who is available. With this circus of shit going on, no player will want to be anywhere near our club.

We are pretty much a doormat if Klemmer goes... a club to take advantage of when you need cash quickly and then can fuck off from later on.

If Klemmer goes, Jackson will probably walk as well.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fuck Knights. Why should we let Klem go when they denied Cogger a release to us. Make Klem rot in ISP. Or give us Ponga.
The ball is in our court. Let's see what they do with it.

Status
Not open for further replies.