Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jackson_1994

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If we do lose Klemmer I would do a swap with manly Foran for Taupau and then use Klemmer money for Shaun Johnson don't want to lose Klemmer but the writing is on the wall

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imagine trying to work our way out of our half with Tolman and Sue taking the hitups and then being replaced with Fualalo.
I have that squirmish unsettled feeling in my stomach similar to when I sat my English HSC exam (in 2004) and didn’t read the book before hand. It’s a horrible feeling.

Craystar

Kennel Established
Reaction score
it’s not personal issues. He’s using that as an excuse as grounds for a release. A few months before the new board was elected there was a story about Klemmer wanting to leave the dogs. It was true because his TPA fell through. Dib organised one at the last minute and he stopped stamping his feet. It got hosed down as only a rumour however was 100% happening. Fast forward a few month, Dib has been ousted, Klems TPA has now fallen through. Klem has since approached the dogs several times asking for a release but they won’t give him one. He’s now playing the “personal reasons card” as it’s a easier loophole for him with a greater success rate.
Again absolute rubbish. I thought you Dib relatives were flushed out?

Klemmer is on 700k on the books, just like what Moses was getting.

Isaac Moses has come in and shopped Klemmer to the highest bidder which is the Knights. Mind you almost 500k more a season.

Dogs have made it clear that they will not pay overs for any player. Klemmer is not worth $1.1m+ a year, neither is any prop in the game.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
What's pissed me off more is that we lost Woolford to these ***** aswell

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Newcastle are offering him a huge contract: 4 years.. 4.6mil, according to reports. No forward is worth that money. Good luck to him if true.

If he doesn’t want to stay, he can walk. He will be a major loss but no point having players at the club if they don’t want to be there.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Again absolute rubbish. I thought you Dib relatives were flushed out?

Klemmer is on 700k on the books, just like what Moses was getting.

Isaac Moses has come in and shopped Klemmer to the highest bidder which is the Kniflghts. Mind you almost 500k more a season.

Dogs have made it clear that they will not pay overs for any player. Klemmer is not worth $1.1m+ a year, neither is any prop in the game.
I’m certainly Not Dibs relative champ. I don’t know him. I’m telling you factual information. Whether you choose to believe it, or you choose to believe your own speculative ideals is an issue for you. I have regurgitated the facts from a reputable NRL source who you have seen many time if you are a true supporter of the game. I will not repeat his name because I have a personal connection to him.

I agree with you that no forward is worth that money.

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Klemmer is someone you can build a team around going forward with the rebuild.... no klemmer we have no foundation to work with.... we are fucked

Jackson is a top player but more defensive not a player to build around before someone mentions him

obje

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Newcastle are offering him a huge contract: 4 years.. 4.6mil, according to reports. No forward is worth that money. Good luck to him if true.

If he doesn’t want to stay, he can walk. He will be a major loss but no point having players at the club if they don’t want to be there.
Omeley was worth that kind of money

What a fucking unit he was for us

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I was under the impression that Jackson & Klemmer were on HUGE back-ended contracts & that is why we sill still have salary cap issues until 2020. The media reported that they both were going to be on more than $1M each over the next 2 years.

IF & I say IF Klemmer asks for a release & we feel that we have no alternative but to release him, I think Klemmer should pay an early termination fee & not released until we could find a similar replacement. If for some reason the Bulldogs wanted to get rid of Klemmer, then wouldn't Klemmer demand that he get paid under the terms of his contract? Doesn't it work both ways? If Newcastle are offering him this money, then surely they are breaching the rules. They are not allowed to approach him until Nov 2019! If it was his manager approaching Newcastle then he should be barred from being a player manager. Either Newcastle OR Moses are in breach of the rules aren't they?

If we lose Klemmer AND Foran (& God I hope we lose Foran at FULL value) then we will truly be a reserve grade side next year & ironically we would be going from struggling to fit under the salary cap to struggling to pay the minimum of the salary cap.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
What a load of shit this story is.

We all know he is moving to Brisbane.
You got it backwards, Brisbane are loosing Tevita Pangai Jnr not signing Dave Klemmer,,, Back in your stable horsehead lol

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
A third party contract is the root of this issue. Klem was promised one and it fell through when Dib was ousted.
Dib is also the reason we have Foran on the books for close to 1 million a season. He’s the reason we signed Woods on massive overs and had to release him mid season.... he’s the reason we are the best part of a season behind when it comes to our inevitable rebuild.

Fuck Ray Dib. With or without Klem, this new board is better for the bulldogs.

No player (or bean counting executive) is bigger than this club.

I really can’t believe there are people out there still defending Dib after what he did to our club.

Last edited:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Before everyone gets all up in arms over this...

This has Issac Moses written all over it.

It will have only started because Issac Moses has got in Klemmers ear.

Moses has contacts in the media he can push faux drama/stories out to, in order to generate interest and better deals for his clients.

Put simply the NRL should terminate him as a player manager effective immediately. All the prick does is destabilise clubs.

The blokes only interested in how much he can make by signing players to his company, enticing them to break contracts, then recontracting players to other clubs and pocketing the commission.

Our club should lawyer up if they can get proof of this, because it's illegal to entice someone to intentionally break a contract.

HUGE TEST COMING UP FOR THE CLUB HERE!!!

If we roll over and release him - we are completely fucked.
If we tell Moses to get fucked, sue his arse off, and pressure the NRL to terminate his potential to be involved in any way in player negotiations - we are superstars.

Maybe our club ned to refuse to deal with Issac in future!

Club are going to have to come out tomorrow and put this one out fast, else the fans will reach for the pitchforks.

Has anyone checked Klemmers social media?

From Daily Telegraph
He met Hill on his own without a manager.
However, it is understood a third party has been involved in talks behind the scenes.
From Buzz Rothfield (Telegraph)
Klemmer is being guided by Isaac Moses, the player agent who is notoriously bullish in ensuring his players get their full worth and entitlements.
How can the Knights table an offer to Klemmer, when he cannot be approached till Nov 2019? MAYBE just MAYBE this is where the NRL needs to step in and state "Table all you like, we are not registering a contract for David Klemmer with any other club until after Nov 2019".

If Isaac Moses is looking after Klemmer this definitely has legs....
Moses should have been banned for life from the NRL after his part in the salary cap rorts at the Storm.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’m disappointed in Klem, if this is true. We should refuse to release him at all costs until we have lined up a recruit or two with his money that will make this situation somewhat advantageous for us. Clubs can’t guarantee third party deals and legally, I don’t think he has a leg to stand on. We’re already in a tough spot for next year. If he and his shonky agent are pulling this now, he’s a straight up greedy arsehole.

Status
Not open for further replies.