Consolidated Klemmer Discussion

What do you want from Klemmer as of this present moment?

• Stay

Votes: 65 31.6%
  • Piss Off

Votes: 141 68.4%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I am all for Klemmer staying because he is a good player, however my intuition tells me Dave's manager issued the 1st article which was fishing for interest from other clubs. Newcastle responded leading to the 2nd article articulating the club's position that they want to retain him. Sadly I think this issue is far from done and dusted and will play out over the next 3 to 6 months. Yes this is my opinion and not fact so it could be entirely wrong but I think when you see smoke there is usually a fire.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
CANTERBURY have issued a hands off warning to their rival clubs who are circling their star prop David Klemmer.

The Bulldogs have already moved on Moses Mbye and Aaron Woods from the club this year because of salary cap constraints.

However, Bulldogs boss Andrew Hill has issued a stern warning to rival clubs to back off — declaring star prop Klemmer as being off limits.

“Dave is going nowhere,” said Bulldogs chief executive Hill. “He is on contract and there has never been discussions about him leaving the club. We are disappointed that we have to answer another rumour.

“David had no desire to leave the club and the club is not interested in David being anywhere but the Bulldogs.”

The dire salary cap situation of the Bulldogs has rival clubs lining up to secure the 24-year-old firebrand. While Josh Morris is Cronulla bound and it seems twin brother Brett will join the Roosters, Hill is adamant Klemmer won’t be leaving as well.

Newcastle are the latest club to be linked to the Blues prop.

“It is disappointing that we are talking about a player who has two years remaining on his contract,” Hill said. “Dave has come out and says he has a love of the club and no desire to play anywhere else and he is passionate about the Bulldogs. We are not interested in talking to anyone about Dave’s future. He is one of our senior players and forms a strong part of the leadership group

“Dave Klemmer is a player we will build our team around.”

Hill’s warning to rivals comes days after the Brisbane Broncos secured 18-year-old prop Payne Haas with a monster six-year, $3.4 million contract despite the 116kg hulk having only played three first-grade games and recently undergoing a shoulder reconstruction.

Klemmer has been one of the few Bulldogs to star this year.

The Bulldogs are locked in a wooden spoon battle after tasting defeat to the Eels on Thursday night. They received a boost with the re-signing of half Lachlan Lewis during the week and will add Knights duo Nick Meeney and Jack Cogger as well as Panthers flyer Christian Crichton.

Hill said Klemmer filled an important part of the Bulldogs long-term future.

“We have never had a conversation with Dave about him leaving the club,” Hill said. More importantly any conversations we have had with Dave recently is about how he will be important to the club moving forward.”

Former kiwi Test forward Greg Eastwood will also leave the club at season’s end.
Like I said before...
The club has a plan and they know who is going and who is staying

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
Like I said before...
The club has a plan and they know who is going and who is staying
I don’t think The club has a clue who’s going or staying.
If klemmer wants out they have no option but to release him.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Hill’s not spinning shit about Klemmer. Klemmer, Jacko, RFM and Elliott are the ones the club wants to build a team around.

What people have to understand is player managers start all these rumors to unsettle contracts between player and club.
Elliott lol. Btw i'm not saying the club doesn't want to keep Klemmer, but if he wants to leave then he will leave. I also don't think he has new management yet?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Elliott lol. Btw i'm not saying the club doesn't want to keep Klemmer, but if he wants to leave then he will leave. I also don't think he has new management yet?
All the more reason for player managers to be stirring the pot. To get him on board

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
I am all for Klemmer staying because he is a good player, however my intuition tells me Dave's manager issued the 1st article which was fishing for interest from other clubs. Newcastle responded leading to the 2nd article articulating the club's position that they want to retain him. Sadly I think this issue is far from done and dusted and will play out over the next 3 to 6 months. Yes this is my opinion and not fact so it could be entirely wrong but I think when you see smoke there is usually a fire.
Klem is his own manager.

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
The most interesting whisper to emerge from the Kangaroos camp was David Klemmer moving to Newcastle. Players brought it up with me, and even Mitchell Pearce was asking about it.
The whisper relates to third-party payments allegedly not being met. Heads would roll at the Bulldogs if Klemmer left.

The giant front-rower staked a claim to be the best prop in the game during the recent two-Test series. His aggression and workrate were phenomenal.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wasn’t his TPA issues addressed recently which is why he was selling the Klemmer Burger?
TPA’s can’t be guaranteed by the club so I don’t understand how them falling through would be a reason to leave anyway?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the club lets him leave. Immediate election the current board and Dean Pay can fuck off with him.

Klemmer is a bulldog for life. Made his debut with us. Its imperative we keep him.

xreedmatic

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran - Goneski

Tolman - Goneski

Klemmer - Not Goneski, but Stayski

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I got a bad feeling about this and think it’s going to happen, nearly all the rumours about any players leaving our club this year have happened and this has been around for a while.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
when was the last time a rumour didn't turn into reality about a dogs player leaving the club ?

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Here we go again, I’m sick of hearing about Klem leaving and it shits me.
If true however it will be a very sad state of affairs. Like most of us say (he is a bulldog for life) just cross your fingers that come 2019 he runs out in our jersey and remains in it until retirement...!!!!

Artybulldog 26

Kennel Established
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
Reaction score
I really hope this rumour has no legs. Best player in our club IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.