Des Hasler returns to Manly

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Penn taking the piss ??
That slob Dean Ritchie reports today that Scott Penn described Hasler as rugby leagues salary cap master.
He said Des is one of the masters of cap management.
Is he for real ?
Judging by Penns rosy cheeks, he's definitely taking the piss and drinking it.

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Taupau is a good player...for about 15 minutes and then he goes MIA.
Tolman plays and puts in for 80 minutes. He doesnt stop and usually tops the tackle count.
Taupau's go forward is a myth. He is usually easy to contain.
Send this post to Des. Hopefully he agrees to do a player swap.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
In the past, Des' playing style was dependant on the type of players he had.....
He has a good crop of players at Manly.
They will do very well next year.
Jake T will be the next Glen Stewart and better.
Tom T will be the next Snake... not sure if better... time will tell....
B.Stewart in full flight was a sight to behold, i actually liked him more than Slater. Its a shame the whole fake sexual assault claim and injuries hampered the back end of his career, because he was something special.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Bet Llyod Perrett is happy.... not.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’ll do well man. As long they don’t give him the keys to everything, he should pull through alright.
Looks like he will be king of the castle again. He has been touted as the salary cap management genius by Manly according to the Telecrap article of today. He is nothing more than the ultimate 'control freak" who our players were not quite happy with.

I still maintain that the brains behind Manly was Toovey.

Genius alright; he maintains he would have gotten it right with the Dogs if he had been given a chance. Six years and he wasn't given a chance?

Oh and he will have his "Tonto" by his side once again......Crusher has been waiting for this moment to come.......

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
They take foran we take marty t and api win/win

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They would have to be the most stupidest club to hire him back after he fucked them and us in the end and to hire the pie thief again who is taking credit for unearthing Damien cook and having Barrett on the books dragging his feet will unstable them and the penn referring to Hasler as a salary cap guru is he fucking high and needs to book a appointment in his own health firm and get checked out
It’s obvious Barrett will end up at the rith

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
As hard as spotting the kid’s talent who “was not part of the group sex” back in 2004.

This is why Peter mullholland was cut above the rest, he gave us SBW and the other dog we can’t talk about.
Are we not allowed to mention that players name anymore?

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hit the ball up the middle for the 80 and have no idea on the last tackle are great tactics, Manly are in for a shock.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
I've never hoped for something to fail as much as Des at Manly again! Please please go pear shaped....

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Have not read all the posts but I was wondering if Shaun Lane will be moving on again??

Bulldogs09

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Draft Champion
Reaction score
Have not read all the posts but I was wondering if Shaun Lane will be moving on again??
He signed with eels.

While I agree Hasler is a hopeless back ending hack he has some quality players there and in key positions like tommy t Dce and then api Taupau walker blake sironen Thompson etc. I think they could go ok a year or 2 then fall to shit worse then ever before. Especially as Dce eats up some stupid 10’ywqr deal

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Poor Lloyd Perrett

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Techically Barrett is still employed as head coach until July 19.. so with Hasler signed as well. They will both end up in the office arguing who sits on the chair. Unless barrett is given payout to leave which is what MANLY are refusing do so and hence signing hasler..this is a ploy to pisd barrett off so 1 - he reacts by breaking code of conduct and gets the sack with no pay out or 2, he just walks out.
His contract is for head coach unless he agrees to step aside and work in another role at club which i doubt.
He has every right to stand his ground and say he will do nothing else but be the head coach which means Hasler Legally can not tell Barrett to do anything.
HASLER SHOULD HAVE BEEN SIGNED AS HEAD OF FOOTBALL for 12 months for legal reasons which then means he is Barretts Boss and then as offical coach after that.
NRL should NOT accept Haslers contract Until barrett finishes in July or moves on with his payout.
The NRL is a comic script and the administration is not professional and there is no leadership.

vegny

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Moses Mbye exclusive column: ‘In the end it Dessie’s downfall’ — Mbye backs Hasler to excel in his Manly homecoming
SEA EAGLES

• October 25, 2018 6:00am
  • by MOSES MBYE
  • Source: FOX SPORTS

Coach Des Hasler is known to give a lot of support to his players.Source: News Corp Australia
I WAS thrilled to hear Dessie is back in the coaching seat.

Obviously when someone gives you something so significant like an NRL jersey you keep a special spot for him in your heart, and he was a great support to me personally as I transitioned from the train-on squad in 2012 to a regular first-grader under him at the Bulldogs.

And that’s what I think the Sea Eagles will get most out of his appointment, he’s a wonderful man manager, he really cares about his players.

The thing I found with Dessie is he’ll always back you no matter how bad you’re going, no matter how much you’re struggling.

But it wasn’t so much about my game. What made my opinion really strong of Des was around the time when I was having my first child.

I was pretty fresh into my NRL career, it was only early days, and I was having my first kid.

That’s probably when I realised just how much he cares for his players. The way he spoke to me about it, and the way he accommodated my new handful and new workload, he really helped me out at a tough time.

So, I think Manly having someone like Des, who’s a very good manager of people, is just what they need.

From the outside looking in, obviously I’ve never been to Manly, but it they’ve had a few dramas from different situations over the past 12 months and obviously people are unhappy with where the club’s at, including the players.

And as a leader Des is also very business-minded, so I think he’ll be really good for the brand in regards to getting the sponsorship on board and creating revenue around the club, I think he’ll do a really good job.

It’s unfortunate they’ll be starting more than $300,000 behind the cap, and I guess that’s going to be his biggest test. He’ll need to keep the players fit because of the roster problems they’re sure to have as a result.

But he is a brilliant coach, he’s very advanced in the game. He knows the way the game is going to go and that’s the way he coached.

I guess in the end it was probably his downfall when he was with us, because he was probably too far ahead of us.

We probably weren’t up to scratch with the way he wanted to do it, and it wasn’t working. He ended up getting punted on our bad performances.

No matter what style of football you bring, if you’re winning games, results fix everything.

But we weren’t getting results and when you’re not getting results it becomes pretty frustrating and emotional, and people start pointing fingers. And unfortunately he was the one who took the fall.

There’s been a fair bit of bad press about Dessie over the past 12 months with the drama the Bulldogs ended up in and player movement.

But I’m sure he’ll turn things around at Manly. He’s won two premierships there, he played there for years, he knows the place inside and out, so it’s his homecoming.

Hopefully he does enjoy some success, but not too much of course.

Mbye. Lol.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I heard we are trading:
Tolman (worlds best prop) > J Trbo
Holland > T Trbo
Lichaa > Korisau