Us lotto 1.6 billion

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Fuck me thats some coin.
Seriously what the fuck would you do with that .

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Only problem is if you win that $1.6 billion, in the USA you'd get taxed at the highest winnings rate of 39.6%

So winnings = $1.6 billion.
Taxable amount = 633.6 million
Actual winnings = 966.4 million

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Only problem is if you win that $1.6 billion, in the USA you'd get taxed at the highest winnings rate of 39.6%

I could live with that.
But you hit lottoland and its 2.2 billion Australian .not sure how legit they are though

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score

It varies between 30% - 40% depending on which state the lotto ticket is claimed in.

If you win then do yourself a favour and fly to Vegas to claim it. They'll only take 30% of your winnings.

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
One other thing to note about the lotto win is that if you buy the ticket via Lottoland then Lottoland reduces the total by 38% so realistically Lottoland would claim it in a 30% state and keep the 8% for themselves on top of the massive mark-up they already put on tickets.

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
One other thing to note about the lotto win is that if you buy the ticket via Lottoland then Lottoland reduces the total by 38% so realistically Lottoland would claim it in a 30% state and keep the 8% for themselves on top of the massive mark-up they already put on tickets.
So if by a freqk chance i jagged the numbers id only get about 1.5 billion aus ?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
So if by a freqk chance i jagged the numbers id only get about 1.5 billion aus ?
Less. At current exchange rates you'd only get around 1.4 billion. Couldn't even by a house in Sydney with that kind of money.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
The checkout did a segment last year on companies like Lottoland. They aren't really a scam, but I think at the very least their advertising / set up is somewhat misleading.

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will make sure that non of my family relos or friends find out about it.

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I play lotto occasionally.. but I watched this one day and now I'm always wondering if it's rigged just like everything else in life?

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’d give all the immediate family $1m each and ask them to never come to me with money issues again. I’d buy Souths and move them to uluru. I’d ask dean pay for a shopping list, and “sponsor” whoever he wants. I’d buy the house next door to des and offer it, rent free, to homeless junkies and hookers.
Finally, I’d build a massive garage and fill it with all that my heart desires.

Shanked

U been Shanked
Reaction score
they could tax 80% of that 1.6 billion and id be ok

Memberberries

Desball 4 life
Gilded
Reaction score
I’d give all the immediate family $1m each and ask them to never come to me with money issues again. I’d buy Souths and move them to uluru. I’d ask dean pay for a shopping list, and “sponsor” whoever he wants. I’d buy the house next door to des and offer it, rent free, to homeless junkies and hookers.
I'd buy a house next to Ray Hadley and blare death metal at 2am

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
I will make sure that non of my family relos or friends find out about it.
So the stereotype is true...

(sorry Indiandog, couldn't resist :D)

Indiandog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
What a stingy ****

You won 1.6 billion all you can give to your family is just 1 million each ? Before you know it all your loved ones will be on 60 minute , today tonight and other prime time shows telling the world how you deserted your poor family and friends as soon as you became a billionaire.

Lol