The "R U OK ?" Thread

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Fuck, you’ve had a **** of a time mate.

The stuff you’ve been through, I can only imagine but you keep on swinging like a champion.

Hang in there man, there has to be some good times around the corner for you....
Coming up to 6 and a half years bro.

I just can't give up for the kids, wouldn't like to think how I'd go if I didn't have them.

But I have to admit, I have had the best life until I got sick, was blessed in all aspects of life, this is just an down period I have to face.

Not being a preacher, but me still being here is all God's work, I take no credit for it.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
My condolences @south of heaven may he rest in peace. And happy birthday i guess. Must be a bit of a mind fukk for you? lol.

That sux @the duke i wish i could give you some advice mate, as ive never been married nor have any kids. But all i can say is keep it as civil as possible for the kids. I hope shit works out for you.

On a side note: I've recently started taking Omega 3 fish oil supplements. Ive read that the EPA has been proven to help with mood so i thought why not? I believe its actually helping me deal with it a bit more.
Has anyone tried this and has it helped you? I wonder if it still helps those with cases much more serious than mine?
My transplant team recommends them bro, many reasons including my mental issues.

Just don't skimp on the cheap shitty ones. I'll ask the prof tomorrow which he recommends.

Sandra's Bollocks

Est. 1979
Reaction score
My transplant team recommends them bro, many reasons including my mental issues.

Just don't skimp on the cheap shitty ones. I'll ask the prof tomorrow which he recommends.
Good to hear man.

Yeah i bought the healthy care brand from chemist warehouse which looks like is their generic brand.

Ok cool, cheers mate.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Good to hear man.

Yeah i bought the healthy care brand from chemist warehouse which looks like is their generic brand.

Ok cool, cheers mate.
I'm going back in to Vinnies on Monday, I'll let you know my bro

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This is not Vegan propaganda, nor am I a Vegan, but it may be beneficial for anybody who has an ongoing health issue be it mental or physical.

Last edited by a moderator:

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Had a growth cut out of my scalp today.... the doctor seems to think it’s probably benign, but still a bit anxious... I also have annual brain scans coming up in three weeks and I’m in a bit of a heightened state of anxiety at the moment...have been for a good slab of the year.

Also, a needle in the scalp is an experience I’d recommend avoiding, if possible. Not the most pleasant thing.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Had a growth cut out of my scalp today.... the doctor seems to think it’s probably benign, but still a bit anxious... I also have annual brain scans coming up in three weeks and I’m in a bit of a heightened state of anxiety at the moment...have been for a good slab of the year.

Also, a needle in the scalp is an experience I’d recommend avoiding, if possible. Not the most pleasant thing.
All the best my bro

Wolfmother

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Good on you for being on top of things. I've had an ugly mole on the side of my waist for Years, got an article on FB about moles and by the look of it matched a melanoma.. I let it go for a few months because of the possibility of coming to terms with a death sentence.. Anyhow I decided to go see a doctor yesterday but not without a lot of nudging from my hubby.
I was reading articles on the afterlife before he got home to take me.. I was that convinced.. So I totally understand your anxiety.
Anyhow the doctor had a close look and said it looked vascular and I'm getting cryotherapy for it.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score

Hope all is good ..

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Good on you for being on top of things. I've had an ugly mole on the side of my waist for Years, got an article on FB about moles and by the look of it matched a melanoma.. I let it go for a few months because of the possibility of coming to terms with a death sentence.. Anyhow I decided to go see a doctor yesterday but not without a lot of nudging from my hubby.
I was reading articles on the afterlife before he got home to take me.. I was that convinced.. So I totally understand your anxiety.
Anyhow the doctor had a close look and said it looked vascular and I'm getting cryotherapy for it.
Cryotherapy? Does that involve crying yourself to sleep at night, because if so, I'm one step ahead of the doctors!

Just a dumb joke to try and lighten the mood. That is treating the tissue with cold, right? The doctors seem confident that will solve your problem? Really wishing you the very best Wolfie.....take care of yourself. My thoughts are with you. I stuffed around for a few months as well. Thought it was a scab that would heal at first....then other stuff came up and it slipped my mind. I can't really detect any change since I first noticed it and the doctors don't seem to think it's anything too sinister, so I'm hoping it won't be a major drama....but a little anxious. I'm glad your hubby persuaded you to go and see someone too.

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Hi there ***** and cuntettes.

I've never really left just got way too lazy and also my antisocial / anxiety kicked in after not posting for a while. So my apologies. I have been casually stalking you all on here, and I will make more of an effort.

@south of heaven sorry for your loss brother
@ASSASSIN you continue to amaze and inspire me, love ya.

The rest of ya... I am way too lazy to read back on all the shit I have missed, but rest assured if I did, I would have some kind words for you all.

Me... It's been fucking hectic.
I'm no longer on the coast, we moved to Mount Annan (near Campbelltown) and I am now 20 mins from work (instead of 2 hours). Both my boys have been diagnosed with Autism (previously only the eldest had). Finally, I am having weight loss surgery in 2 weeks, because I am sick of being a fat Bastard.

No excuses for my absence, but I will try to be around more

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Hi there ***** and cuntettes.

I've never really left just got way too lazy and also my antisocial / anxiety kicked in after not posting for a while. So my apologies. I have been casually stalking you all on here, and I will make more of an effort.

@south of heaven sorry for your loss brother
@ASSASSIN you continue to amaze and inspire me, love ya.

The rest of ya... I am way too lazy to read back on all the shit I have missed, but rest assured if I did, I would have some kind words for you all.

Me... It's been fucking hectic.
I'm no longer on the coast, we moved to Mount Annan (near Campbelltown) and I am now 20 mins from work (instead of 2 hours). Both my boys have been diagnosed with Autism (previously only the eldest had). Finally, I am having weight loss surgery in 2 weeks, because I am sick of being a fat Bastard.

No excuses for my absence, but I will try to be around more
If you're here or not here brother, we never forget you. Especially all the help you and your family did for me and mine.

Keep on Rollin ;) sorry, lame train joke lol

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
If you're here or not here brother, we never forget you. Especially all the help you and your family did for me and mine.

Keep on Rollin ;) sorry, lame train joke lol
I miss you guys. So I will make more of an effort... promise.....

Gonna need support on my recovery in hospital (granted minor by comparison)

Ecca

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score

every time i hear the word Benign