doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Surely not but nothing would surprise me with dib

Rodzilla

Terry Lamb 1996
Reaction score
Crazy hey...either it's Weazler's bs or ....wasn't it Greenberg who went chasing after Hasler?
greenberg threw so much money around then at the nrl he says that teams spending so much is not sustainable

the only conclusion to make is that greenberg knew he was fucking the club to get short term results that would look good in his nrl job interview

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was widely reported that the new deal he signed was worth 1.4m.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Pretty sure it was widely reported that the new deal he signed was worth 1.4m.
My mistake ...poor bugger is taking a 50% pay cut after all then at only $700k ;)

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Manly gets Dib and Castle as well, they will have the trifecta of failure.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Des deserves 5 million at manly his the best coach and a mad scientist.
I agree. Taking a pay cut below his value shows how humble he is, and how he’s willing to take on a dumpster fire, and turn it into a strong club. I can’t help but be a little jealous that Manly are getting him, especially at that low price. They should renew his contract early to avoid other clubs wanting him.

Riggs80

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He will win the comp the next 2 seasons at manly and Anderson/hill will patch him back and command 2 mill a season

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
How can Hasler be able to coach a team if the Bulldogs made a payment for the two year contract he was under. Surely the legal team would have put a clause in the payment contract that Hasler couldn't coach for two years if he did the money he gets on the new contract would be taken off the payment that the Bulldogs would be paying him. If they didn't they need to get a new legal team.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
more than bellamy, who is a much better coach.

The report also says the Manly deal is half that.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Don’t quote me on this but I think the new contract had “performance clauses” so maybe the ceiling was up to 1.4?

But from my understanding it was around 1.2 because Hasler wouldn’t agree to having any early termination clauses or performance based pay scaling inserted.

Either way, the whole negotiation process was very amateur to say the least and all that falls on dub and castles who kept on putting their head in the sand to avoid the reality that Hasler was ruining the club.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he goes back to Manly and they perform your going to have to ask why?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
True to a certain extent..but surely even Des pot would have learnt and evolved after all the critisism and analysis of his antiquated gameplan?

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
If he does and it’s a big if I would say he has a genuine passion for Manly he never had that here it was always just a job for him.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If he does and it’s a big if I would say he has a genuine passion for Manly he never had that here it was always just a job for him.
Exactly. Rain hail or shine he was the highest paid person at the club. His first contract was 5 years guaranteed and his next came after missing the top 4 4 years in a row and was more money.

So at the end if he was on a 2 year deal and it was performance based. (Say 750k base salary, +100k for top 8 plus 150k for top 4, plus 100k for minor premiership, plus 100k for making a final. Plus 150k for winning it.) potentially it’s 1.1 mill for getting a minor premiership and between 1.1 and 1.35 million for winning it.

I’d be happy if he got 1.35 million a year if we made 2-3 top 4s and won a premiership or 2.

But 1 million + when we had zero attack and we’d win 13-12 and scrape into a finals to lose in straight sets doesn’t do it for me.