Des Hasler returns to Manly

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
FFS people on this forum carry on like they are as pure as virgin snow.
What never fucked up?
What a plan never went astray?
I guess it is human nature that when you leave a job the knives come out but for fuck sake.
Yes Des didn’t deliver a premiership and ultimately player retention and salary cap ran of the rails but here are facts:-
1 minor premiership.
2 Grand Finals.
5 Final series in a row.
I hope he gets the job at Manly.
Because I've asked and needed a second, third & forth chance in my life.
And zero premierships.

Think about the players he signed and those he let go. What position he left our cap in. What was he looking to achieve in the coming years, more backended deals. His plan had failed and the window had closed.

This isn't a normal job, people are extremely passionate about the club they support. Surely you're not naive enough to think people are going to forgive him and wish him all the best. Good luck if you are but I'm certainly not.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Excellent.
Now it’s only a matter of time until they’re both gone forever.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
And as a package deal, they get Dibb and Castel as well.
There doomed I tells ya!

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Erm someone needs to remind him Manly have a reduced cap next year... I honestly think he'll flop.

But hey ... clearly the moneys running out and he still has a mortgage on the place in Collaroy on the beach.

Donkey Slayer

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely we can have our revenge at des by taking his best players snaring jake and tom when they are free
Would help there cap we can actually help ya out des :grinning:

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Both parties have no other options so its a match made in heaven but des with limited resources and salary cap will struggle big time

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Erm someone needs to remind him Manly have a reduced cap next year... I honestly think he'll flop.

But hey ... clearly the moneys running out and he still has a mortgage on the place in Collaroy on the beach.
Good point. 100% back ended contracts. Just the way Manly like it.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Lol he isn’t coming from a position of power.

He won’t get everything he wants, he’ll probably be on a lower contract and there will be oversight on the player contracts - no one can be backended.

I think they’ll get top 8 with Dessie.

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
You watch him go back and coach completely different to the way he did at the dogs! He was just there to get rich and destroy our club from within...….revenge it was!

That's what will kill me. The fuckwit ruined us with his shit style of play but would allow the eagles to play attacking footy.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Des won't coach any different. He doesn't knwo how to, and if he couldn't see change and fire the Dogs attack (which looks worlds different with Pay), then he's got no chance with the current Manly side.

I reckon he'll sign on for a big pay day, the gullible/desperate ***** at Manly will gobble up the BS, and then he'll proceed to fuck them sideways with no hope of coming back.

Look what he did to us WITHOUT an axe to grind.

Gabe

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I wish Hasler all the best.
He coached us to 2 grand finals, respect to him for that.
He made some mistakes:
- Trying to keep the GF team together to win the comp, and
- became overly obsessed with stats and went away from what he does best.

Hasler has always behaved respectfully and never had an inappropriate word to say about a player or the club in all of the messy Dib vs Andos politics that occurred.

He will be sucessful at Manly.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Apparently $700k a year im surprised he’s getting anything over $400k

aymz maz

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Did dressy like tapau ? If not tapaus a chook for sure now

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Biggest problem with Hasler, is his inability to attract quality players. They just dont want to play for him.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
FFS people on this forum carry on like they are as pure as virgin snow.
What never fucked up?
What a plan never went astray?
I guess it is human nature that when you leave a job the knives come out but for fuck sake.
Yes Des didn’t deliver a premiership and ultimately player retention and salary cap ran offthe rails but here are facts:-
1 minor premiership.
2 Grand Finals.
5 Final series in a row.
I hope he gets the job at Manly.
Because I've asked and needed a second, third & forth chance in my life.
Great comment mate. People need to move on and the keyboard warriors should chill out. Manly is their worry and whatever they do they do. We just need to think about the Dogs and looking forward, not back. Cheers.

DinkumDog

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Reaction score
And zero premierships.

Think about the players he signed and those he let go. What position he left our cap in. What was he looking to achieve in the coming years, more backended deals. His plan had failed and the window had closed.

This isn't a normal job, people are extremely passionate about the club they support. Surely you're not naive enough to think people are going to forgive him and wish him all the best. Good luck if you are but I'm certainly not.
No, but no need to let the poison flow either.
Move on - our focus should be on the Dogs and their future.