News Hill rules out Seggy,says we have wiggle room in cap and stadium update.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I just wish Lichit plays like those 3 games When he was off contract.
It will never happen my friend!! the **** issueless drop kick.......and that is being very kind to him!!:rage::rage::rage:

S.B.W_Jnr

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It just costs way too much to build your own stadium and they just leaks money when you have to pay for everything. The only way it could be feasible is if you had lots of major events at it and ANZ and Allianz already have them. Our only chance was 2002 and it won’t happen again.
True if only Bankstown sports could own 50% of the club and 50% to Canterbury leagues then we might be able to build one lol

Papa Joe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Was that a declaration?

Michael Liccha has the full support of the board !!!

We know what that could mean.

Remember this one.....
We are not actively shopping any contracted players!!!
Then..... bye bye Mbye, bye bye Woods

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
He also shut down rumours the club was looking to offload Michael Lichaa to bring in off-contract hooker James Segeyaro.
“There’s been speculation around Lichaa for time but we’ve had no formal discussions with his management so I’m not sure where that has come from,” he said.
To me that doesn't read anything at all about Segeyaro coming or not.

Hill is simply addressing the speculation that Lichaa "had a deal in the clubs favour", and that "the club were shopping him around". Doesn't mean we wont drop him to NSW Cup for the season and sing another hooker.

Remember that bloke that claimed on here he chatted to Dean Pay and that Dean Pay said we were trying to take games to Jubilee Oval.. LOL!!!

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Is it impossible to have our own stadium like back in 2002 we almost had one in Liverpool? Would be good to build one there.
I've always been jealous of teams with there own small stadiums, I fucking hate going to ANZ and seeing 85% of the stadium empty.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
This was at the bottom of article in the Telegraph about the new sponsor thought it deserved its own thread.

On the recruitment front, the Bulldogs have all but settled on their roster for next season.

Boom forward Corey Harawira-Naera will be one of seven new faces at Belmore after salary cap constraints forced Pay to rebuild his roster.

Hill says the club is not actively shopping for any more players but have “some wriggle room in the cap” to add the right signing. He says a resolution in the different coaching sagas currently hanging over clubs like Penrith and the Tigers will have a ripple effect on the player market.

“We’re not actively pursuing anyone at the moment. There appears to be some movements in coming weeks and months once all the coaching drama is sorted out. If the right opportunity presents itself then, we’ll look at it,” he said.

He also shut down rumours the club was looking to offload Michael Lichaa to bring in off-contract hooker James Segeyaro.

“There’s been speculation around Lichaa for time but we’ve had no formal discussions with his management so I’m not sure where that has come from,” he said.

Hill also indicated the club would be looking to take their home games to the new Western Sydney Stadium in 2020 once the refurbishment of ANZ Stadium commences in late 2019. Canterbury are also in a position to take home games interstate and to the bush.

Their efforts to lock down an interim home ground have been stifled by the uncertainty surrounding the start date of the redevelopment.

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...l/news-story/e56ee8bbe3fcd29e1d63bd281bc9245d
I’ve Mentioned it in another thread can’t remember (plz forgive) but in a nutshell

Hill and management are waiting to see what happens at womanly and coaching puzzle

If hasler or Taylor are appointed api korisau and fonua Blake will ask for releases

Mark Hughes is aware of this and has touched base with api camp

Api has a clause in his contract and does have a chance for release (I wasn’t told exactly what the clause is, I don’t want to make it up) but big chance of api being in the blue and white next year. However and I stress however it’s only if hasler or Taylor sign with manly.

LordSidious66

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I’ve Mentioned it in another thread can’t remember (plz forgive) but in a nutshell

Hill and management are waiting to see what happens at womanly and coaching puzzle

If hasler or Taylor are appointed api korisau and fonua Blake will ask for releases

Mark Hughes is aware of this and has touched base with api camp

Api has a clause in his contract and does have a chance for release (I wasn’t told exactly what the clause is, I don’t want to make it up) but big chance of api being in the blue and white next year. However and I stress however it’s only if hasler or Taylor sign with manly.
Im sure marty and the trbojvec brothers don't want to play desball for the rest of there careers. We should try and get them as well.

Mr Shhh

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Im not sure seggy was the answer either. Would have rathered we develop woolford. But obviously that was not meant to be as he wanted to be with his dad.
Another ‘cats in the cradle’ situation.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
That ennis clone reed mahoney at parra is off and would be a good cheap pickup
He played, or at least was a member of, the Dogs SGBall squad / 20s a few years back. Didn't get many, or any real opportunities though.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He played, or at least was a member of, the Dogs SGBall squad / 20s a few years back. Didn't get many, or any real opportunities though.
He only played half a season before Parra poached him.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Why don't we just use Belmore and put abit of money into the ground and allow for another 5000 seats. That would bring stadium capacity to about 22,000. In saying that we are lucky to get 15,000 at a home game nowadays so it should be alright haha
Some elevated seating at the Canterbury Road end and along the hill side would make a big difference. Only need a crowd of 12000 to create atmosphere. Unfortunately not economically viable I believe.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He only played half a season before Parra poached him.
Did he get much of a go at the dogs - from memory he wasn't first or second choice? I cant remember clearly.

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Did he get much of a go at the dogs - from memory he wasn't first or second choice? I cant remember clearly.
SG Ball, didn't progress through to 20s once the 18s finished.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Parramatta is a **** of a place. Full of ***** of people. And it’s a **** to drive to.

BG73

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I hope some wriggle room is also code for some NRL standards centres when we find any who will play for us