Who’s better Montoya or Crichton?

Mitch Connor

Super Moderator
Staff member
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Reaction score
Crichton is slower than Montoya. He's s short nugget with tits for hands.

There's still hope for both but I'm hoping Montoya can turn it around.

enoughsaid

Kennel Tips Winner '04
Reaction score
that's like asking "who's the better kisser. your mother or your sister"

both very average

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Hopa
2. Crichton
3. Montoya
4. Holland
5. Smith
Scary as fuck. Pay really must be shitting himself looking at this backline. Thinking “fuck me, better prepare some ready made responses for the post match press conferences”

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2017 Montoya was playing outside lee who was our best attacking player, naturally gaining form and confidence from the tries he scored. 2018 new structures and new centre partner he struggled and got caught out massively in d.
Overall I'd say Crichton is the better of the two, but not by much.
Chances are high they could be playing together 2019, and whatever side they play on side is gonna get a lot of traffic thrown it's way

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
2017 Montoya was playing outside lee who was our best attacking player, naturally gaining form and confidence from the tries he scored. 2018 new structures and new centre partner he struggled and got caught out massively in d.
Overall I'd say Crichton is the better of the two, but not by much.
Chances are high they could be playing together 2019, and whatever side they play on side is gonna get a lot of traffic thrown it's way
Both sides will. Holland and Smith side got targeted his year. Both sides will be the go next year. Every teams game plan is going to be spread it to the edges and try and get around us. Won’t be able to beat us in the forwards.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Pay will start Montoya next year in my opinion.
Crichton will be the starting winger for sure. Montoya is not a first grader, to slow and makes no ground taking the ball from dummy-half.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You’re dead right spot on with Hoppa’s defence. Hoppa has terrible defense in the centres. I’m not sticking up for Montoya, I think he’s average, but the players defending on the inside made Montoya look shit.

Hoppa is a fullback everyday of he week. He’s a solid first grader and plays well, he’s just not gifted with speed.
You are correct about Hoppas lack of acceleration. That is a prerequisite in the modern game. He just doesn't have it.
And his defensive liabilities dont qualify him for a centre start. If he "has" to play FG, it has to be on the bench.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Fuck 2017 montoya, that **** is long gone, get over that. There both outstanding.........on the bench for reggies. Good 1.30 players they are.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
You are correct about Hoppas lack of acceleration. That is a prerequisite in the modern game. He just doesn't have it.
And his defensive liabilities dont qualify him for a centre start. If he "has" to play FG, it has to be on the bench.
Your kidding right? He’s one of the best players we have. By far the best back by a long shot. Smith may pip him in 2019 but that’s yet to happen.

Look at the link below. Don’t discount hops because he’s not Usain Bolt.His vision and Silky hands offset his lack of speed. Tonga don’t have to play him at FB, In fact they don’t have to pick him at all, but he again was the first chosen there in a very strong and quality side. That’s a testament alone and should give all of you haters a little perspective.

Tonga: 1 William Hopoate, 2 Daniel Tupou, 3 Michael Jennings, 4 Solomone Kata, 5 David Fusitu'a, 6 Tuimoala Lolohea, 7 Mafoa'aeata Hingano, 8 Andrew Fifita, 9 Siliva Havili, 10 SioSiua Taukeiaho, 11 Tevita Pangai jnr, 12 Sika Manu, 13 Jason Taumalolo. Interchange: 14 Sione Katoa, 15 Addin Fonua-Blake, 16 Joe Ofahengaue, 17 Peni Terepo. Reserves: 18 Konrad Hurrell, 19 Leivaha Pulu, 20 Robert Jennings, 21 Ben Murdoch-Masila.

https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/10/16/hoppas-highs/

Last edited:

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think Hoppa would have been better at centre if he wasn't stuck along side shit *****/ if he was more enthused.. you can tell he prefers fullback and he knew he was the better option than Dudbye

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think Hoppa would have been better at centre if he wasn't stuck along side shit *****/ if he was more enthused.. you can tell he prefers fullback and he knew he was the better option than Dudbye
I agree. I don’t think Pay actually believed that Mbye was the better option for FB, I think Pay was just out of options as to where to play this overpaid utility and gave FB a crack as it was the only position left. Mbye is a good utility, much like Craig Wing was and Tyrone Peachy currently is (not quite as good as Peachy though), but he was never the Halfback, 5/8 or FB answer.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I agree. I don’t think Pay actually believed that Mbye was the better option for FB, I think Pay was just out of options as to where to play this overpaid utility and gave FB a crack as it was the only position left. Mbye is a good utility, much like Craig Wing was and Tyrone Peachy currently is (not quite as good as Peachy though), but he was never the Halfback, 5/8 or FB answer.

I agree 100%... and by all means, Moses had a few decent outings... before returning to his usual dudness

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Crichton is slower than Montoya. He's s short nugget with tits for hands.

There's still hope for both but I'm hoping Montoya can turn it around.
The few games I saw Crichton in, he was strong and powerful. He reminds me a lot of Tafua from manly.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Hopa
2. Crichton
3. Montoya
4. Holland
5. Smith
That would have to the weakest backline in the NRL.
There needs to be change. I would go for:-
1) Meaney.
2) Crichton.
3) Corey HN.
4) Holland.
5) Smith.
Its still not a top line up but it is the best we can come up with unless we have more signings.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
That would have to the weakest backline in the NRL.
There needs to be change. I would go for:-
1) Meaney.
2) Crichton.
3) Corey HN.
4) Holland.
5) Smith.
Its still not a top line up but it is the best we can come up with unless we have more signings.
What are you doing with Hoppa?

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Hopoate
3. Harper
4. Holland
5. Smith

Makes no sense to put Hopoate at fullback next season, wheres the best we could finish with him at fullback? 8-10th if we get lucky, why not thrust Meaney in there, let him gain confidence and experience at the back, he should be given atleast the first 14-15 games, then we should know if he could potentially be a player that we can shape our team around in the future or if we need to look elsewhere.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
1. Meaney
2. Hopoate
3. Harper
4. Holland
5. Smith

Makes no sense to put Hopoate at fullback next season, wheres the best we could finish with him at fullback? 8-10th if we get lucky, why not thrust Meaney in there, let him gain confidence and experience at the back, he should be given atleast the first 14-15 games, then we should know if he could potentially be a player that we can shape our team around in the future or if we need to look elsewhere.
But why would you move an international Fullback for an unknown rookie who hasn’t proven himself in 7 first grade games? If he’d shown even the slightest glimpse of brilliance then I would agree with you, but he hasnt.