Who should be in the 13 RFM or Martin?

Malla

Reaction score
Martin or elliot and front row?

Are you guys serious? Lol
I don't think it's as a farfetched idea for Elliot. He already plays in the middle at lock so wouldn't be new to him and he wouldn't change the way he plays.

It should be explored tbh

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I don't think it's as a farfetched idea for Elliot. He already plays in the middle at lock so wouldn't be new to him and he wouldn't change the way he plays.

It should be explored tbh
No it's quite a far fetched idea. Elliot can play lock because he's not fixed to the middle of the field but no way in hell is he a prop. He gets dominated in hitups and tackles. Look at his average metres ffs, even when his form was "good" he was averaging stuff all metres, instead it was other aspects that he contributed to

If we put him in prop look forward to no field position

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Its obviously Pay and the rest of the coaching staff dont rate Martin that highy. Hence why he played in the nsw cup finals while r.smith and lewis didnt even though they were eligible to play.

Rfm and chn are both signed to longer-term deals then martin for a reason. Its because they will be our edge backrowers for the next 6-7 years hopefully. And both will play 80 mins each week. Theres no room for martin unfortunately. He will only be a back up for these two. Jackson will play lock.

Both chn and rfm both are bigger stronger then martin. They both have great footwork at the line. Both are very hard to handle while also breaking alot more tackles then martin. There latrell movement in def is also far superior. How there is even a debate about who our egde forwards will be is beyond me. The only thing martin has on these two is goal kicking. Someone else in the team will have to goal kick.

Last edited:

Real1

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Jackson should be in the 13... second row spots
CHN and Martin/marine to battle it out

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
What about the boy named Sue. Where does he fit in.

Malla

Reaction score
No it's quite a far fetched idea. Elliot can play lock because he's not fixed to the middle of the field but no way in hell is he a prop. He gets dominated in hitups and tackles. Look at his average metres ffs, even when his form was "good" he was averaging stuff all metres, instead it was other aspects that he contributed to

If we put him in prop look forward to no field position
This is true regarding his running metres but I do not think it is reason to not throw him in the front row. Finucane was a front rower at the dogs, now he's a lock. Gallen has been between lock and front row his whole career, Mcguire from bronco's the same etc. Not comparing Elliot to them, but it just shows that its a shift in mindset, they all have the skill set to do it, it's just what the team needs. If having Elliot means at front row (whether off the bench or starting) means we get more out of Martin, RFM, Jackson and CHN then I think the team will be better off.

I disagree regarding tackles. Elliot puts 'em on their ass for a living.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
This is true regarding his running metres but I do not think it is reason to not throw him in the front row. Finucane was a front rower at the dogs, now he's a lock. Gallen has been between lock and front row his whole career, Mcguire from bronco's the same etc. Not comparing Elliot to them, but it just shows that its a shift in mindset, they all have the skill set to do it, it's just what the team needs. If having Elliot means at front row (whether off the bench or starting) means we get more out of Martin, RFM, Jackson and CHN then I think the team will be better off.

Finucane was always a lock, rotating with Eastwood usually. Elliot gets dominated in way too many tackles and doesn’t have the size/strength of people like Gallen. In my books he sticks to either 2nd row or lock.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Really? What games are you watching?

Elliot races up to put on a hit. More often than not he misses but when he connects yes he does stop the opposition in their tracks but as I said more often than not the opposition step him.

In normal play tackles, the oppo forwards make plenty of post contact metres with Elliot hanging on.

He's just not suitable for prop in any degree

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I had him on the bench when he signed, but I’ve been impressed with Renoufs and Ogden’s progression so not sure he’ll make the 17
Agree. In hindsight looks like a waste of a signing from us, just not needed

hayes

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Sue will be in HIA he get knock out every 2 game he played in first grade.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just a thought and don’t be to harsh as I don’t post often, however does anybody think that Martin could be or emulate a Gavin Hill type player and start up front ?? Just trying to think outside the square and use what we currently have.

Obliviously I understand this could change some how but not holding my breath.

8. Clem
9. Lichaa
10. Martin
11. CHN
12. RFM
13. Jackson

14. C Smith (is reasonably versatile and Holland or Jackson could go to hooker)
15. Renouf
16. Elliott
17. Sue/Tolman

1. Hopoate
2. Crichton
3. Okenbour
4. Holland
5. Smith
6. Lewis
7. Foran
That backline scares me

Boxer

THE BOSS
Reaction score
What about Renouf To’omaga surely he will be in fg.
We are blest with forwards.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What about Renouf To’omaga surely he will be in fg.
We are blest with forwards.
I really wanna see how he and Ogden go next season. Equally as pumped to see CSmith get a crack, he goes very well and gets through a mountain of work. Very good depth. Not concerning in the slightest. Need to get our backs in order.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
All I know is that some real talent will be lining up in ISP.

Fingal Bay

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Sue will be on the bench, so will CHN and Smith. RFM will be lucky to make the side, runs around like a chook with his head cut off.

Gabs

Dumbfounded
Reaction score
Honestly, all this debate shows just how strong the pack will be next season. There will be some unlucky boys having to play ISP. Pretty exciting.

However, the backs are a very different story in my opinion. We will really struggle for points again, in my opinion. Just hope Foran and Lewis can fire as a combination.