Where will we finish in 2019 with our current signings?

Where will we finish in 2019?

• 1-4

Votes: 9 12.3%
  • 5-8

Votes: 40 54.8%
  • 9-12

Votes: 23 31.5%
  • 13-16

Votes: 1 1.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Let's give the first grade lineup a go.
Everyone that is signed with us next season so no seggy.
1. Meany
2. Hopoate
3. CHN
4. Holland
5. R.Smith
6. Foran (better so he stays on the field longer.)
7. Lewis
8. Tolman (VC)
9. Licha( PLEASE GIVE US A GOOD HOOKER OVER THE PRE SEASON WEVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG)
10. Klemmer
11. JJ (C)
12. Martin (GK)
13. Sweet caraloine
14. Harper
15. Sue
16. Ogden
17. To Omanga

ISP
1. Cerruto
2. Crichton
3. C. Smith
4. Olive
5. Okenbour
6. Cogger
7. Wakeham
8. Fualaou
9. JMK
10. Tualau
11. Burr
12.?
13.?
14. Cake man Garlic
15. J. Martin
16. Cardaindallis
17. ?
Probably the best side we can come up with. However, I would have Fualolo instead of Harper on the bench.

Downhill Skier

Waterboy
Reaction score
Too many question marks for me. I am not completely sold on Lewis yet and him and Foran as a combination does not really excite me that much.

I don’t see us moving much further up the ladder. I think it’s going to be baby steps for the next couple of years. I think we will get jumped by the Eels and Cowboys who on paper have much better squads than us but for some reason had a really poor year this year

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
TBH, if one looks at the top coaches and the roster they have to work with then I cannot see the Dogs in front the following for019

1. Storm - C Bellamy
2. Roosters - T Robinson.
3. Bronco's - Wayne Bennet
4. Sharks - S Flannigan
5. Cowboys - P Green
6. Panthers - P Gould ;-)
7. Dragons - Paul McGregor
8. Raiders - R Stuart

Then we look at the remaining sides we need to fight out just to get into the top 10...
9/ Eels - Brad Arthur will be tuff side to beat next year IMO.
10/ Tigers - I Cleary....thats if he isn't at the Panthers for 2019 and the Knights and Titans will be no easy beats for 2019 so, baring injuries I believe that the dogs will end up somewhere between 10 and 13th in my opinion.

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I really don’t think you can go just by rosters, look at this year better rosters finished below us.

MIR-PROD

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Surely CHN won’t be playing centre. Too big
Not really. Look at Inglis and Latrell. Plus we had Jamal Idris a few years ago and he is almost 10cm taller and 20kg bigger than Harawira is haha. Plus i remember articles where Corey said he struggled to become 95-100kg and I'm pretty sure he used to play Fullback sometimes in NYC so it's easy for him to drop a few kgs and go back into the backs

BlackDawg

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
9th to 14th. Our roster lost Morris twins who stopped a LOT of points in defence. Also youthful roster means one week they will show promise and next they will tank. Next 2 years we will assemble quality youth and be in a position to buy some marquees for positions we are week in.

Matilida

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
CHN should play centre he was a centre before and he is a terrific runner of the football.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
TBH, if one looks at the top coaches and the roster they have to work with then I cannot see the Dogs in front the following for019

1. Storm - C Bellamy
2. Roosters - T Robinson.
3. Bronco's - Wayne Bennet
4. Sharks - S Flannigan
5. Cowboys - P Green
6. Panthers - P Gould ;-)
7. Dragons - Paul McGregor
8. Raiders - R Stuart

Then we look at the remaining sides we need to fight out just to get into the top 10...
9/ Eels - Brad Arthur will be tuff side to beat next year IMO.
10/ Tigers - I Cleary....thats if he isn't at the Panthers for 2019 and the Knights and Titans will be no easy beats for 2019 so, baring injuries I believe that the dogs will end up somewhere between 10 and 13th in my opinion.
I can see the Sharks really dropping down the table I think they are specials to miss the 8. They have lost a lot of players and not replaced that many.

The ACL injury to Wade Graham is huge when you factor in Lewis retiring they have lost their whole second row.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
12th to 14th.... raiders will make the 8.

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think the Bulldogs will definitely improve on 2018 but it won’t be enough to make the 8.
I’m tipping around 10th to 11th with about 11 wins

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
somewhere in the 6th (with a good DH) to 12th (with Lichaa) range. Our forwards and middle defence will be solid, but our backs and spine are unknowns.

I hope we can get Segayaro. We lack pace and his unpredictability out of DH can get defences out of structure to give more room. Nu Brown is a shit full time option - back-up bench utility at best.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
somewhere in the 6th (with a good DH) to 12th (with Lichaa) range. Our forwards and middle defence will be solid, but our backs and spine are unknowns.

I hope we can get Segayaro. We lack pace and his unpredictability out of DH can get defences out of structure to give more room. Nu Brown is a shit full time option - back-up bench utility at best.
Who's gonna follow thru behind Seggy tho? Someone we hope.

RookieDog

Dogs1
Reaction score
Let's give the first grade lineup a go.
Everyone that is signed with us next season so no seggy.
1. Meany
2. Hopoate
3. CHN
4. Holland
5. R.Smith
6. Foran (better so he stays on the field longer.)
7. Lewis
8. Tolman (VC)
9. Licha( PLEASE GIVE US A GOOD HOOKER OVER THE PRE SEASON WEVE BEEN WAITING SO LONG)
10. Klemmer
11. JJ (C)
12. Martin (GK)
13. Sweet caraloine
14. Harper
15. Sue
16. Ogden
17. To Omanga

ISP
1. Cerruto
2. Crichton
3. C. Smith
4. Olive
5. Okenbour
6. Cogger
7. Wakeham
8. Fualaou
9. JMK
10. Tualau
11. Burr
12.?
13.?
14. Cake man Garlic
15. J. Martin
16. Cardaindallis
17. ?
There is also RFM

You probably missed him as he was out for so long at the end of the season.

I think he would be on the bench in First Grade - good impact player provided he holds the ball and doesn't run across field too much