Booing Slater

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i always thought billy was overhyped he did some things well and other things poorly, his playmaking skills where shite

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
So many things in this world to be pissed off about, I won’t shed any tears over the booing of a great but dirty footy player.

Last edited:

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was more surprised to find out that the Roosters had fans
Dont be fooled howard. There supporters were actually souths fans. Uncle nic just supplied them with a free t shirt some food stamps and a free ticket in.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Nothing changes north of the border either

Queenslanders give more than they get in that regard don’t you worry about that.
Lol the “Don’t you worry about that” line is straight out of the joe bejok playbook you might be more Queenslander than you think lol.................Take a fukn chill pill

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
They didn't have to like him, still bad sportsmanship in a players final game.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol the “Don’t you worry about that” line is straight out of the joe bejok playbook you might be more Queenslander than you think lol.................Take a fukn chill pill
Lol
Tell smithy to take a chill pill
He the one sooking
Poor little bugger

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Last week, Melbourne vs Sharks at AAMI Park
Fifita is booed every receipt of ball.
Why doesn't Cameron Smith defend him?
Why is it 'undeserved' when Slater is booed?
What goes around comes around.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/slater...7b1d-4093-8bfe-cd02ca77a29b?ocid=Social-NRLFS

I have seen some outrage on social media about fans booing slater at every opportunity last night.

And Cam Smith also had a whinge about it.

What’s the thoughts of the kennel

I think he deserved to be booed

As great a player as he is,
He was a grub throughout his career
He by and large got away with things other players simply wouldn’t

And as a result on his final game of his career fans rightfully used their voices to express their frustration and let slater and the NRL know we are sick of the bullshit

It’s not just slater
With all due respect to these amazing players,

But Smith shits me the most.

JT
Smith
Slater have all been treated very differently than all other players throughout their careers

Whilst I have enjoyed watching them play, I’m glad they are now starting to retire

It’s not their fault
I blame the NRL

Fuck the NRL

I’m really starting to get the shits with the game.
Slater has been a protected species his whole career..the amount of dirty, grubby acts he has committed..and officials have turned a blind eye too..has been staggering.. These things alone he deserves to be booed for.. And you know what? The NRL..and the judiciary..who’ve ignored his foul play..right up until his last game with the dismissal of his blatant shoulder charge..should’ve been booed too for letting him get away with it for so long..

There is no doubt that he has played some great footy..and honestly he has left a long list of some amazing career highlights..but that should also be balanced with the grubby lowlights..whose soul purpose was to hurt and injure opposing players..

IMHO Slater’s legacy to the game should be judged in light of both of these sides of his play..

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fifita is booed every receipt of ball.
Why doesn't Cameron Smith defend him?
Because it wasn't his last game & because Fifita should be booed. :p

Delta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Because it wasn't his last game & because Fifita should be booed. :p
Disagree. Whether it was Slater's last game or not, the fans would have still booed. I think it had more to do with the shoulder charge on Feki last week then his retirement.

BDPScarface

Kennel Established
Reaction score
He deserves it all. Bupa was adamant that he did not bite the grub, but the grub exploited the situation to try a) try to get him sent off b) to protect the lie by sticking to it resulting in trial by media against Bupa. Since then, whilst he was at the Dogs the media continually tried to potray Bupa as a dirty player. I was livid when the fuckwits on Triple M were discussing Napa and I think it might have been Hooper, tried to defend him. Then someone brings up Bupa on a real grub Sam Burgess in GF 2014, and "oh that was a different thing all together". ie. The narrative that Bupa deliberately launched his head at SB.
And all this has its source in what happened to Bupa in GF 2012. Fucking karma. Go fuck yourself Slater you fucking grub!

And I can't leave this unsaid... Generally, players from opposing teams will try to keep things on the field and at the very least stay out of getting a player found guilty by judiciary. My recall is that Slater aided the guilty verdict. memory ish hazy. Will go back and read about that episode

Last edited:

H-dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Queenslanders and there respects bullshit

Melbourne Slater/Smith have always pushed the boundaries and been dirty grubs physically and he should have sat out that game
Thurston always swearing at the refs etc but always got away with it
There is preferential treatment always has been always will be just wish it was in our favor

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
He is a grub ****, who gives a fuck if the little protected princess got boo'ed.

I remember roughly 40k Dogs supporters booing the coke head in 2004. Well deserved.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
**** of a human.
Fuck him.
The fact that one of the last things he did in his career, was take a dive, says plenty about the shitcunt.

Gallo2014

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I’m sure Dogs fans booed Fittler on the 2004 GF and he wasn’t a grub like Slater. It’s part of the game and the Storm are fooling themselves if fans can’t see the dark side of karate kid.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor little snowflake. I'll cry myself to sleep tonight thinking that we've hurt his feelings.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Best fullback I've seen.
One of the biggest grubs I've seen.
If he expected anything else from a NSW crowd he'd also be the stupidest **** I've ever seen.
Wouldn't have mattered if he scored 6 tries, got the Clive, helped an old lady cross the road and gave everyone in the stadium a blowjob, he still would have copped it.