Opinion Woolford and Cleeland

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first thoughts on watching today's Isp state game was oh oh our best two attacking players are fucking unsigned (with us!). These blokes are easily the best in their positions in our club (Lewis is a 7 not a 6 and Foran who knows), forget all the defensive stuff with Cleeland, it's easier to learn defense than to learn what attacking skills he has in spades. I don't of course know our cap position, 2nd tier included, but after the last few weeks in pressure games (doesn't matter only Isp) I think these two should be re-signed whatever it takes, especially Woolford.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
How cleeland hasn't had a shot at first grade with us is amazing. If he was playing for the redcliffe we would all be saying how he should be someone we go for..

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Even the great Turvey had defensive problems in his first year 1976, he worked hard and made history at our great club

BushDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Unfortunately Woolford is gone, not his choice, dogs didn’t offer a contract.

piggy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Where are the fukin muppets who said cleaned can't play....pay u dick head....we need attacking players like Cleeland...yet u saw no use for him this hear despite our problems in the halves

cyborg66

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Cleeland is gone as well thank god can't tackle!!!

dogsballs

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Watch the press conference from the game, geogalis says Cleeland couldn’t get a first grade chance this year because he wasn’t in the top 30.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Woolford - Decided to follow his father back in May to UK. Was never going to be offered a contract because he'd already signalled his intentions.
Cleeland - People jizz over a 28 (next year) year old that's been with 3 clubs and yet to debut in the NRL. He goes missing becaues he can't organise a team and is a ball runner. Ball running halves are a dime a dozen. He's like Josh Reynolds, only slightly younger. Rushes out in defence and can be selfish with the ball. Can do some brilliant stuff and break a game open, but can also lose you one. Not in the clubs plans moving forwards (hence our purchase of Cogger).

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
In the press conference Georgalis was asked about the players leaving and he talked about Beastwood then said, "with the talent Cleeland has I can't believe he didn't get in the top 30. It makes no sense to me"

It sounded like Cleeland is leaving the club.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
My first thoughts on watching today's Isp state game was oh oh our best two attacking players are fucking unsigned (with us!). These blokes are easily the best in their positions in our club (Lewis is a 7 not a 6 and Foran who knows), forget all the defensive stuff with Cleeland, it's easier to learn defense than to learn what attacking skills he has in spades. I don't of course know our cap position, 2nd tier included, but after the last few weeks in pressure games (doesn't matter only Isp) I think these two should be re-signed whatever it takes, especially Woolford.
He’s leaving click on the link below to see the confirmation

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoWEA7vj3AA/?hl=en

Cleeland is also leaving, click on the link below for confirmation

https://www.instagram.com/p/BoTiSMBH4Ac/

Bulldogz82

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Can't tackle? What game have u been watching?
That try saver on the line against that big bloke today was fuckn great, even if he isn't that good a defender he puts his body on the line in defence and that's a big plus. His age is what is against him I guess but can still offer plenty in attack. Would be a good back up half to have in the top 30, twice the player Frawley is that's for sure

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
So much for Mr "I talked to Dean Pay and he told me the club are talking with Cleeland".

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
So much for Mr "I talked to Dean Pay and he told me the club are talking with Cleeland".
Clubs arnt throwing themselves at him. I don’t get it ??.... Any other half who just won a premiership and a State championship would have every club in Aus and UK falling over each other to get his thumb print on the canvas. I’m baffled. I get his age but fuck, he is a half. He can play for another 5 years.

I am 32 and played against Blake Green, so he’s obviously my age and look at him. He’s getting better with age.

Last edited:

Barry Fozzard 1

Waterboy
Reaction score
Woolford should have been our first choice hooker next year and Cleeland should have been our 2nd choice half. JMK would loose us more games than Cleeland any day simply by not providing anything in attack. Cogger looks like he just passes the ball a lot and not much else.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Woolford should have been our first choice hooker next year and Cleeland should have been our 2nd choice half. JMK would loose us more games than Cleeland any day simply by not providing anything in attack. Cogger looks like he just passes the ball a lot and not much else.
Cogger is an organiser. Unfortunately surplus to requirements as so is Foran and Lewis. We need a Cleeland in the team. Someone who roams the field like a nomad and plays what he sees in front of him. No one better in the lower grades than Cleeland IMO.

Thomas jay

Waterboy
Reaction score
Clubs arnt throwing themselves at him. I don’t get it ??.... Any other half who just won a premiership and a State championship would have every club in Aus and UK falling over each other to get his thumb print on the canvas. I’m baffled. I get his age but fuck, he is a half. He can play for another 5 years.

I am 32 and played against Blake Green, so he’s obviously my age and look at him. He’s getting better with age.
Cleeland in talks with cowboys and warriors. No point sitting down in reserve grade for the dogs for another year.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score

Because unlike everyone that cracks a stiffie over everything that he does, other clubs are seeing him like the impartial people are.

I've watched him for a few seasons in NSW Cup (even when he was at the Jets). Nothing much has changed.

He often is only seen 40 minutes a game. The other 40 he goes missing.
He cannot organise/take control of a game, and is more an individual.
He often races out of the line in defence, and if he doesn't stick or wrap up the ball, it creates an overlap and generally a try against us.
He can at times go the glory play and stuffs up a try.
He can't count to 5 and 5th tackle options are woeful.

Yeah he does some great things (won us the game today with his 2 tries), but you have to look at the good with the bad. Earlier this season on 2 occassions our team was level peggings. In the final 20 minues of the game instead of calling for the ball and trying to sink a field goal, instead he'd go the glory play. Both games we lost by 1 point as a result.

Cogger is an organiser. Unfortunately surplus to requirements as so is Foran and Lewis. We need a Cleeland in the team. Someone who roams the field like a nomad and plays what he sees in front of him. No one better in the lower grades than Cleeland IMO.
Wait till Wakeham is left to ball run. Cleeland will be a distant memory.