Official Bulldogs vs Dolphins Interstate Championship - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Finucane is better then De Belin and equal to Jake Trbo even though they have a very different skillset.
Not much X factor about Finucane compared to the other two... That's were he loses out.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Then you have Finucane who has gone up a gear 3 GF in a row including a championship and about to win another

How he isn’t in Origin is bs
I agree with mark geyer, he pretty much said if Melbourne win the comp then Finucane should be the Australian Lock. Hard to argue with but watch them pick McGuire

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Not much X factor about Finucane compared to the other two... That's were he loses out.
I respect that but the way I see it, Finucane is a better leader, better defender, hits the line well (All 3 do), makes fewer errors and concedes way less penalties than the other two.

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
Martin is playing because his conceded a nsw cup player. Chn rfm and jackson are ahead of him as backrowers. While Lewis and Smith are nrl players thats why they are not playing.
Martin made himself eligible with his 10 second cameo.

We'll see if Pay wants to chance loosing the extra 2 points. I don't think he will and will juggle the team to fit in the club's best goal kicker. At least for 2019. Will be interesting to see what he does. Injuries play a big part but if fit, Martin will be there.

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I respect that but the way I see it, Finucane is a better leader, better defender, hits the line well (All 3 do), makes fewer errors and concedes way less penalties than the other two.
Jtrbo is way better than finucabe. Better defender as well

MitchNewton

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I agree with mark geyer, he pretty much said if Melbourne win the comp then Finucane should be the Australian Lock. Hard to argue with but watch them pick McGuire
Why should one game make a difference? What if he has a shocker but storm win or he has s blunder but storm lose?

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Martin made himself eligible with his 10 second cameo.

We'll see if Pay wants to chance loosing the extra 2 points. I don't think he will and will juggle the team to fit in the club's best goal kicker. At least for 2019. Will be interesting to see what he does. Injuries play a big part but if fit, Martin will be there.
People are acting like Martin is the only goal kicker in the whole club. Holland has kicked 17 striaght ffs. Ill admit Martin is the best goal kicker we have but in terms of general play Jackson chn and rfm are ahead of him.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
People are acting like Martin is the only goal kicker in the whole club. Holland has kicked 17 striaght ffs. Ill admit Martin is the best goal kicker we have but in terms of general play Jackson chn and rfm are ahead of him.
How many from the sideline with Holland

Martin strikes the ball perfectly with that late draw

Holland kick restarts gives me the shits, gifts the opposition an easy 25m

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Guys what's the name of the channel 9 app to download to be able to watch the games?

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
It's a case of putting the best "team" on the park to win "in terms of general play"...and then ending up with more points than the opposition at the end of the game and win...and that means not dropping the best goal kicker.

Now days better to have 2 kickers...ask Rorters.

Imagine the uproar if Pay left him in ISP after "discovering" him this year. We can't score many points anyway. Then add to that, if we can't kick goals as with Mbye.

Won't happen in 2019 unless Martin's form drops off alarmingly and he lets in more than the extra points he kicks us. His 2ndrow form, at this stage, is the equal of RFM and Elliott anyway. Martin offers more to the team.

We have the new Hazem and Chook and you want to drop him and rely on Holland who isn't as accomplished (or a walk up starter in the team either btw).

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
It's a case of putting the best "team" on the park to win "in terms of general play"...and then ending up with more points than the opposition at the end of the game and win...and that means not dropping the best goal kicker.

Now days better to have 2 kickers...ask Rorters.

Imagine the uproar if Pay left him in ISP after "discovering" him this year. We can't score many points anyway. Then add to that, if we can't kick goals as with Mbye.

Won't happen in 2019 unless Martin's form drops off alarmingly and he lets in more than the extra points he kicks us. His 2ndrow form, at this stage, is the equal of RFM and Elliott anyway. Martin offers more to the team.

We have the new Hazem and Chook and you want to drop him and rely on Holland who isn't as accomplished (or a walk up starter in the team either btw).
Rfm to the bench is a no brainer... Then let form decide.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
I know there are plenty of Cleeland advocates here, but he's not really a game breaker.. majority of the ISP games are won by the forwards.. decent player yea, but probably not somebody we will regret losing

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I know there are plenty of Cleeland advocates here, but he's not really a game breaker.. majority of the ISP games are won by the forwards.. decent player yea, but probably not somebody we will regret losing
ISP is his level, he is 27 now and he still has major flaws in his game. It would've been good to have seen him get a shot off the bench at least once but not going to lose any sleep over it.