News Hughes Family Life Memberships Reinstated

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I joined the football club in 2005 because my avatar was unjustifiably sacked imo by Peponis and Mortimer. Contrary to what a lot of people think Mortimer actually resigned a few days later after many of his and Garry's old team mates gave him the rounds of the kitchen. Peponis had a set against the Moore/Hughes families saying at the time that he won't allow nepotism to save Garry's job, Garry had been involved at the club for 35 continuous years and he was brought to his knees. The three Hughes boys went to my old school St. John's Lakemba. No it's no coincidence Peponis leaving when their life memberships are reinstated, he couldn't face them. I now believe in karma.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
https://www.smh.com.au/sport/nrl/hu...-at-grand-final-luncheon-20180928-p506of.html

another great move by the new board. the glory days of the Mighty Canterbury Bankstown Bulldogs are coming back
On many occasions before I called for unity but some people with bad intentions mocked me for it,
Lets be honest, when greats of the club quit and others are welcomed back it doesn't look healthy,
For me all that matters is the club regaining it's greatness.
As a fan I do welcome back the Hughes family and hope to god they have learnt from the mistakes of the past in particular one of them did, he knows who I am talking about...

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Welcome back Heaps, Better brakes and Mark.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
On many occasions before I called for unity but some people with bad intentions mocked me for it,
Lets be honest, when greats of the club quit and others are welcomed back it doesn't look healthy,
As a fan I do welcome back the Hughes family and hope to god they have learnt from the mistakes of the past in particular one of them did, he knows who I am talking about...
Are you going to elaborate on your opinion or just leave it hanging there

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm indifferent either way on life memberships.

I just want a premiership TBH.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I joined the football club in 2005 because my avatar was unjustifiably sacked imo by Peponis and Mortimer. Contrary to what a lot of people think Mortimer actually resigned a few days later after many of his and Garry's old team mates gave him the rounds of the kitchen. Peponis had a set against the Moore/Hughes families saying at the time that he won't allow nepotism to save Garry's job, Garry had been involved at the club for 35 continuous years and he was brought to his knees. The three Hughes boys went to my old school St. John's Lakemba. No it's no coincidence Peponis leaving when their life memberships are reinstated, he couldn't face them. I now believe in karma.
100% Punchbowl dog. I’ve been a big Hughes family supporter for a long time. I remember clearly the boardroom elections at the 2008 AGM. Graeme Hughes’ ticket got on except Graeme Hughes. I was filthy he didn’t get on. I thought that was a big mistake from all the members. It took ten years for the football club voting members to wake up and get rid of Dib and his cronies. They killed us mate, they sabotaged the club. But we have our club back now. We have good honest Canterbury people their now. No more rorts, no more thieves.

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
100% Punchbowl dog. I’ve been a big Hughes family supporter for a long time. I remember clearly the boardroom elections at the 2008 AGM. Graeme Hughes’ ticket got on except Graeme Hughes. I was filthy he didn’t get on. I thought that was a big mistake from all the members. It took ten years for the football club voting members to wake up and get rid of Dib and his cronies. They killed us mate, they sabotaged the club. But we have our club back now. We have good honest Canterbury people their now. No more rorts, no more thieves.
Amen brother

WestBeast

Peyow Peyow
Reaction score
Is Corey still going to say the best time of his career was with Cronulla

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Why cant they all just be friends

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Is Corey still going to say the best time of his career was with Cronulla
I'll never forget that interview, the highlight of his career was the one year he played with Cronulla. No matter what happened that was the wrong thing to say.

Yes what happened to Garry was wrong but there's far too much politics and self interest involved at times.

I'm indifferent either way on life memberships.

I just want a premiership TBH.
Absolutely, the feel good stuff will only get you so far. This new group of players need to make their own history. The blokes in their 20's probably don't even know what the Hughes' did.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
As long as it's a good thing for the club moving forward then that's awesome news.