Josh Jackson - Dally M Second-rower of the year.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
One of those relentless warriors that no one truly appreciates unless they are apart of the team they support.
For him to not play for NSW this season is a fucking joke... was just a victim of the Dogs poor form, had he played for the Dragons (considering their fast start) he would have walked straight in... couple that with the fact QLD were always going to lose without Smith made Freddy look like he made the right call...
So yeah im fucking stoked for Jackson as this would have been a proud but draining season for him. This will give him something positive to reflect on and build upon in the offseason.

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Missed 360 beforehand... watching the replay now and they all asked who they think should get captain of the year and to my surprise Paul Kent said he thinks Jackson should get it. Said that in a difficult season with all that went on with the Dogs he stood out the most and handled everything very professionally on and off the field.
Buzz couldnt hack it and tried to argue with him on the point saying that Dogs didnt make the finals etc... to which Paul pretty much said well by that logic Cordner has to get it because Roosters are minor premiers and he won origin so in theory your wrong too :D haha. Was quite enjoyable.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Jackson did not deserve it either has not played a game of footy in their lives or has a very low footy IQ.

Seriously. Even if youve watched 5 dogs games for the year, he is the only second rower who put in 110% consistent performance every game in a team who have had a shit year. Even the Drag-queens players who played Origin were no where near as consistent. They played like shit for a month or two after origin.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
At the start of the season I was disappointed that Jackson wasn't 13.
Always thought he'd make a great lock, good short ball, strong defender, he'd add more to the team playing 60 minutes in the middle.
Throughout the season he developed a nice short kick, good inside ball and has always been in the top 3 on the park punching out big minutes.
A true captains knock this season, Jackson deserves this accolade more than any other player, the way he has developed as an edge backrower and more importantly a captain is a testament to his character.

M4cca

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Missed 360 beforehand... watching the replay now and they all asked who they think should get captain of the year and to my surprise Paul Kent said he thinks Jackson should get it. Said that in a difficult season with all that went on with the Dogs he stood out the most and handled everything very professionally on and off the field.
Buzz couldnt hack it and tried to argue with him on the point saying that Dogs didnt make the finals etc... to which Paul pretty much said well by that logic Cordner has to get it because Roosters are minor premiers and he won origin so in theory your wrong too :D haha. Was quite enjoyable.
Kind of a stupid award for that reason, there's not really any criteria for winning it except that your team did well.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
did people not like this because he was involved in mad monday or he did nothing about it

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone who thinks Jackson did not deserve it either has not played a game of footy in their lives or has a very low footy IQ.

Seriously. Even if youve watched 5 dogs games for the year, he is the only second rower who put in 110% consistent performance every game in a team who have had a shit year. Even the Drag-queens players who played Origin were no where near as consistent. They played like shit for a month or two after origin.
His first 5 games were average to be honest but as the season went on he got better so I have no qualms about him getting the award

(And I played footy and consider myself to have footy iq lol)

Malla

Reaction score
I think not making origin may have been the best thing for him. It took him a couple months to settle in to the captaincy, but once he did his on field performance stepped up.

He really deserves a Kangaroo jersey - he is the most consistent forward in the comp imo.

bcmf

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Better than cordner.

I am a wade graham fan myself.

Vek

Kennel Established
Reaction score
His first 5 games were average to be honest but as the season went on he got better so I have no qualms about him getting the award

(And I played footy and consider myself to have footy iq lol)
Yeh first 5 games being average is normal for someone playing as captain for the first time

habibsta

Kennel Established
Reaction score
TBH don’t understand their uproar... laugh at a name like Kikau who played well against weak teams and found out against good ones..

Frizell and Tariq had up and down years one think about josh was week in and week out he performed and would of been in our top 5 players each week if not top 3 so well done and well deserved..

DBake

Waterboy
Reaction score
A total, but typically NSW farce he never played Origin. Freddy is a tripper personified and truly only lucky with the series result, it was anything but convincing, especially with no Thurston/Smith. Sterling is a NSW selector and generally a good authority on the game. He sings JJ’s praises very regularly but omitting him is definitely a dum-dum award. Being in a poorly performing team is never an excuse for an “origin player”, which JJ is beyond a shred of a doubt. Hypothetically, as per QLD standards, a player of his ilk and long term origin prospects, is among one of the very first chosen.
A big congrats to our Captain who deserves this recognition thoroughly.

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Gotta disagree with what seems like blind bias here, T.Frizell was the best Second rower in the comp for mine

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Gotta disagree with what seems like blind bias here, T.Frizell was the best Second rower in the comp for mine
agreed... i thought Frizell was the best second rower in the league this season

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It says it all when Sterlo said on commentary “josh Jackson is my favourite player in the competition”
And that was post origin. Fuck Fittler

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
And i still can not understand how Fitler & co picked Angus Crichton ahead of Josh Jackson for SOO..........

And Boyd Cordner is only there cause he plays for the Rooters.....