Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
If south's win they will sit him out, if Roosters win, he will play.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The mixed feelings and views on this just goes to show how badly the people in charge of our game has fucked things up.

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
When does he get off?

Let me clarify........The Melbourne version of 'Getting off' ie. not getting suspended....... Not the Souths version (or maybe just the Burgess version) of 'getting off'.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Now the nrlol darlings are gone, they will clear him to play.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
I want to see him play... i don't care if it was an illegal tackle based on the rules. It does not dereve Billy slater to miss his last game of his career which is also a grandfinal.
If that tackle deserves that penalty... then this deserves a 12 week ban any other time.

EXPLORER

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
What a load of crap. I don't care who the player is but rugby league is a physical sport where you put your body on the line at all costs.
He didn't attack the head and making that cover tackle at speed, with the possibility of Feki stepping back inside is a split second decision, no harm was done. Penalty fair enough and lets leave the rest on the field.

If it was a Dogs player getting charged I would be pissed!
I completely agree mate,

My point is the hypocrisy of the NRL

If that was a bulldogs player, they would get charged and would lose appeal

Billy has form with the judiciary in getting off from grubby shit that other players would not get away with.

That’s more the frustration.

To the letter if the law, he shouldn’t play in the GF

We all know any other player would be charged and lose the appeal

If billy gets of and plays I’ll be fucking pissed

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I actually believe it was a professional foul on top of the shoulder charge.

Stopped a certain try being scored, which could’ve changed the course of the game, should’ve been 10 minutes in the bin.

Didn’t even attempt to use his arms = shoulder charge - should not being playing in the GF.

If it’s not “Billy Slater” we’re not even having this conversation....

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If south's win they will sit him out, if Roosters win, he will play.
Was thinking that as well. There is absolutely no chance he won’t play. If he wasn’t charged there would have been mass hysteria. Now they can go there and fight it. Slater will play. Just as Hodges did in his last game 3 years ago despite a tackle that would 100% be a suspension for

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Always admired Slater's skill on the footy field, easily the best fullback I've seen.
Always despised the bloke for his grubby antics on the field and the way he seems to not just get away with it but be praised at the same time.
As much as I'd love to see him get suspended, and I think under the current rules the tackle warrants a suspension, I think he'll be playing next week.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The amount of cheap shots, dog shots, and shoulder charges the burgess boys have got off. Surely billy a 90 kg full back is a shoe in to get off. Then again they are dealing with the nrl u never can predict whats going on these days with that useless bunch

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Whatever the outcome, the NRL will be panned.

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
What a load of crap. I don't care who the player is but rugby league is a physical sport where you put your body on the line at all costs.
He didn't attack the head and making that cover tackle at speed, with the possibility of Feki stepping back inside is a split second decision, no harm was done. Penalty fair enough and lets leave the rest on the field.

If it was a Dogs player getting charged I would be pissed!
Agree 100%. The people who are crying and moaning about how he should definitely not play in the GF are being absolutely ridiculous. It will be a travesty if he misses the GF over that "shoulder charge". What a joke.

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Rules are rules. If it was a regular season game or a regular mediocre player there'd be no questioning a week off. Change the shitty rules instead of bending them when it suits. Nrl has no consistency and constantly uses grey area bullshit to get its way. Would like to see the charge stick and the rule improved in the off season

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I thought it was a good tackle, I want him to play cause I can’t stand the thought of a roosters premiership

wigum

Immortal
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
I thought it was a good tackle, I want him to play cause I can’t stand the thought of a roosters premiership
Great tackle and clear example of why the shoulder charge should be allowed and punished for contact with the head only

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
Yeh problem is they didn't explain what will happen if Slater does it.

No doubt at all they will bend the rules for Billy, hes got the right jersey on

I dont think there is a lot in the tackle, but it does fit the nrls definition of a shoulder charge

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Fuck these commentators on steele sports hate the dogs

Status
Not open for further replies.