Reusable Bags

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Does anyone actually reuse these bags? I have about 7,000 of them at home in the laundry. The missus has another 2,000 in her car.

I saw a guy walk in with one in his hand the other day and thought "what a Greenberg".

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol no i dont. Literally use them to place rubbish in or just throw them out....

Relative of mine is a manager at a big name supermarket. He said they use maybe at most 10% less bags than before... major fail

Realist90

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
You think you’re lit?
My dad has his car, office and pockets full of Gloria jeans napkins.
Dads got some weird fetish

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lol no i dont. Literally use them to place rubbish in or just throw them out....

Relative of mine is a manager at a big name supermarket. He said they use maybe at most 10% less bags than before... major fail
How is that a fail if they use 10% less bags? And it’s not just about numbers, it’s about adjusting the mind set

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I re-use them for the reasons that Assasin just mentioned. When the lot that I got for free are dead I'll go buy some fabric ones from Aldi. To my way of thinking it was never an environmentally motivated decision, rather a profit generated move.

CroydonDog

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I have been hoarding them for a while. I would estimate I have about a years supply of bin liners left.

All of my good work in not using plastic bags though came undone last month when I arrived in Bangkok and bought a coke at 7/11. I was given 2 plastic bags and about 4 straws. It's easier to accept it rather than explain to the confused clerk that I don't require two bags for one bottle of coke, and that no self respecting man uses a straw.

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
How is that a fail if they use 10% less bags? And it’s not just about numbers, it’s about adjusting the mind set
Because all the fuss for little results. Woolies/coles making a decent profit from it all.

Adjusting a mind set... Aussies (especially those im Sydney) are too self consumed and fast paced to care about a plastic bag. If the government was so set on adjusting a mind set. Put money into primary school education on environmental issues. Again my relative is a primary school teacher. No significant lessons on the important of environmental preservation, her words "it gets mentioned in a few classes. I even forget the content"

Dogna88

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
It's all about profits bro, it was reported Woolies will save $70 mill on bags and make $34 mill selling them in a year.
And you would have to ask yourself. How much of the $34mil is being used to further environmental awareness, presercation methods or education.

My bet is the $34mil is going into the corporations fat pockets.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Indiandog has been reusing his bags for years

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
It's all about profits bro, it was reported Woolies will save $70 mill on bags and make $34 mill selling them in a year.
Coles copped it bigtime though. So many people started skimming down on their shopping because they weren't getting the free bags anymore to carry all their items. That's why Coles reintroduced free bags until the end of September because it was stinging them and they knew it. It's only a matter of time before it happens again IMO.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
...and on a related matter... EDDIE :D

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yeah true money is definitely a part of it, but I still feel that it’s a good move to adjust peoples mind set. The environment is cooked mate, got to make small changes to get to the bigger picture. I’ve been using fabric bags for a couples of years already so there was no change for me. Got a bunch of them for about 80 cents each from a wholesaler.

Because all the fuss for little results. Woolies/coles making a decent profit from it all.

Adjusting a mind set... Aussies (especially those im Sydney) are too self consumed and fast paced to care about a plastic bag. If the government was so set on adjusting a mind set. Put money into primary school education on environmental issues. Again my relative is a primary school teacher. No significant lessons on the important of environmental preservation, her words "it gets mentioned in a few classes. I even forget the content"
I think it’s a small step in the right direction for the environment. I’m not a greenie or anything like that but I don’t consume shit that I don’t need, I try live a simple life and it’s pretty easy, just have to be conscious. So many people walking around like zombies just doing what others do. And btw an owner of a large paper goods manufacturer (bags, packaging, anything to do with paper and cardboard) told me that those plastic bags that say they break down quicker than normal are bullshit and don’t break down... but then again that just fits his business agenda.... lol

100% back investment into schools though. So many societal issues can be tempered and eventually reversed if the schooling system has more funds dumped into it. And honestly man some of my friends are teachers and I would hate to leave my kids with them... people are fucked nowadays

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Yeah true money is definitely a part of it, but I still feel that it’s a good move to adjust peoples mind set. The environment is cooked mate, got to make small changes to get to the bigger picture. I’ve been using fabric bags for a couples of years already so there was no change for me. Got a bunch of them for about 80 cents each from a wholesaler.

I think it’s a small step in the right direction for the environment. I’m not a greenie or anything like that but I don’t consume shit that I don’t need, I try live a simple life and it’s pretty easy, just have to be conscious. So many people walking around like zombies just doing what others do. And btw an owner of a large paper goods manufacturer (bags, packaging, anything to do with paper and cardboard) told me that those plastic bags that say they break down quicker than normal are bullshit and don’t break down... but then again that just fits his business agenda.... lol

100% back investment into schools though. So many societal issues can be tempered and eventually reversed if the schooling system has more funds dumped into it. And honestly man some of my friends are teachers and I would hate to leave my kids with them... people are fucked nowadays
Why can't they introduce the paper bags like America use?

Hacky McAxe

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Exactly, you think multi-billion dollar companies give a fuck about the environment?

There is money to be made...
"At compuglobalhypermeganet we care about people thinking we care about the environment"