Has adam elliot ensured we lose every footy discussion?

Status
Not open for further replies.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Blue Boost, one of my TV's is only 49 inches, is that acceptable?

Apercots

Kennel Established
Gilded
Reaction score
I was debating with a mate about footy. He is a roosters supporter. I had him on the ropes about their salary cap and dylan napa tackling technique

Then he hits me with the rebuttal..

Sweet caroline da da da.

Are we bulldogs destined to have that thrown in our face at every opportunity?

He’s a roosters supporter and you didn’t even hit him with a dog fucker joke?

ash160

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I was debating with a mate about footy. He is a roosters supporter. I had him on the ropes about their salary cap and dylan napa tackling technique

Then he hits me with the rebuttal..

Sweet caroline da da da.

Are we bulldogs destined to have that thrown in our face at every opportunity?
No way...Elliot has reached pure trend setting celeb status with the sweet Caroline do do doooo with ya junk out and a schooie in hand.

His life from this point on will involve A list parties, hotter women, bigger contracts and possibly rep Footy!

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
"Rapist and terrorist", still cop both to this day off people.
"just because I have a missile in my pants, doesn't make me a terrorist" is what I say.

Dawain87

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They need to play it after every try we score in 2019.

gildaddy

Waterboy
Reaction score
My father in law is a rorters supporter and he gives me shit about being rapists and terrorist, I just tell him, if we were at war, the bulldogs supporters would be on the front line and all the rorters would be hiding in the bunkers, shuts him up every time

Blue_boost

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Blue Boost, one of my TV's is only 49 inches, is that acceptable?
49 is a bit on the small side. But its about quality also. A 49 inch LG 4k is better than a 75 inch bauhn tv from aldi.

Look as long as your main tv is 60 inch plus and decent, your ok in my book..

Paulie Gualtieri

Previously Shrimp
Reaction score
Honestly if another fan says that, they are such fucking looser. I actually can’t see how that would offend you or any other dogs fan. A fucking 5 year would say something like that. I honestly would cringe if some **** sad that to me. It’s such a shit insult and such an old fashion insult.

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
49 is a bit on the small side. But its about quality also. A 49 inch LG 4k is better than a 75 inch bauhn tv from aldi.

If you have a small house, 60" overtakes the room. Sometimes bigger isn't better.... when talking TVs anyway :tongueclosed:

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
:fearscream:Woah woah woah.

Wait a second.

Hold the eff up.

Roosters have supporters?

Kip Drordy

Kennel Established
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
No way...Elliot has reached pure trend setting celeb status with the sweet Caroline do do doooo with ya junk out and a schooie in hand.

His life from this point on will involve A list parties, hotter women, bigger contracts and possibly rep Footy!
He's finally made an impact!!!

alchemist

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
a firecracker is let off in the stands and the Footy Show runs a segment in prime time titled "Terrorism in the stands"... do they run such a story if it were the Eels or the Roosters or the Dragons? of course not... but in view of the let's say multicultural background of the Dogs' supporter base, those boofheads on Channel 9 had no issue running with such a segment and with a straight face thought they were qualified to discuss such a serious topic

we are discovered to have breached the salary cap in 2002... were we the first club to do so? no... Canberra won in 1990(?) having breached the cap and astoundingly were allowed to keep their premiership... were we the last club to breach the cap? no... the Storm, Sea Eagles and Eels all have breached the cap since with the Storm doing it over a 5 year stretch which involved 4 GF appearances and 2 premiership wins... but who was accused of betraying the game? with which club did the cheating stigma linger the most? us... and if we were systematically cheating the cap and getting such an advantage over everyone else, why were we not premiership favourites in 2002 --> from memory, Big League had us in 8th spot in their pre-season prediction... even Gus Gould said at the time that the Dogs team in 2002 as constituted could and should have been under the cap... no one was scratching their heads about how we were able to field such a team until the team went on that great run of 17 straight wins

any Dogs fan that ever sat in the stands during games from 2004 onwards knows precisely what sort of abuse we copped from rival fans following the Coffs Harbour allegations... not simply in the stands... in workplaces i was asked how i could possibly follow the Dogs with all that has happened.... and Coffs Harbour has proven to be a topic hacks like Rebecca Wilson and Buzz Rothfield have continued to pick at when in need of some muck raking when their obvious lack of journalistic talent and ethics is a little too obvious... Rothfield referenced again just recently about "what really happened in Coffs Harbour" in a tweet/post aimed at Graeme Hughes

i could keep going

we live in a far more intrusive world now where a tweet, an idiot with a camera phone, one poor remark, an ill thought out pass on a woman etc., will end your career, your life as you know it... that is a new experience for everyone and people should be mindful of that, especially public figures.... therefore, the Dogs players should have shown greater f*%#ing foresight when it came to their 'Mad Monday' celebrations... so, in truth, i do not have an issue with punishing the players and club... the problem is the sensationalist and manufactured and continuing hysteria the Daily Telegraph and chubby from SMH have started and perpetuated

indeed, the media - as always - are never held to account for facilitating and fanning controversy simply to bolster waning circulation numbers... and this isn't simply limited to the Dogs but the general lack of ethics from the fourth estate... how many elections are poorly covered or political leaders ousted or wars started or invasions of privacy committed or cover ups undertaken etc. by journalists and news organisations only for them to plead some antiquated "public good" motive which died with Edward R Murrow... seriously, how the f*%# can a News Corp paper whose parent company gave us the "News of the World" phone hacking scandal dare to take the moral high ground about some young men blowing off steam after a long and disappointing season in a private room on the 3rd floor of a hotel only detectable by cameramen on stakeout from some perch with professional camera equipment?

Johnny Raper walks down an English street in just a bowler hat and he is an immortal.... Langer dances on a pool table in a pub in front of patrons and he simply has to say sorry... SBW bangs Candice Falzon in a pub toilet and when she is mocked for it later, the public is slut shaming her... Gallen walks along a public street in just a thong but that was for a good cause... Merrin does a nudie run but it was simply good fun etc.

standards, ethics, laws have to be applied equally or they are none of the above... they are simply manufactured hysteria used to protect some and persecute others... and all for a third party's monetary benefit

in other words, it will never be a level playing field and so, why allow yourself to be subjected to the standards and judgements of entities that mean you harm or at least show a reckless disregard towards you and the game

Last edited:

wendog33

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Ladder Champion
Reaction score
a firecracker is let off in the stands and the Footy Show runs a segment in prime time titled "Terrorism in the stands"... do they run such a story if it were the Eels or the Roosters or the Dragons? of course not... but in view of the let's say multicultural background of the Dogs' supporter base, those boofheads on Channel 9 had no issue running with such a segment and with a straight face thought they were qualified to discuss such a serious topic

we are discovered to have breached the salary cap in 2002... were we the first club to do so? no... Canberra won in 1990(?) having breached the cap and astoundingly were allowed to keep their premiership... were we the last club to breach the cap? no... the Storm, Sea Eagles and Eels all have breached the cap since with the Storm doing it over a 5 year stretch which involved 4 GF appearances and 2 premiership wins... but who was accused of betraying the game? with which club did the cheating stigma linger the most? us... and if we were systematically cheating the cap and getting such an advantage over everyone else, why were we not premiership favourites in 2002 --> from memory, Big League had us in 8th spot in their pre-season prediction... even Gus Gould said at the time that the Dogs team in 2002 as constituted could and should have been under the cap... no one was scratching their heads about how we were able to field such a team until the team went on that great run of 17 straight wins

any Dogs fan that ever sat in the stands during games from 2004 onwards knows precisely what sort of abuse we copped from rival fans following the Coffs Harbour allegations... not simply in the stands... in workplaces i was asked how i could possibly follow the Dogs with all that has happened.... and Coffs Harbour has proven to be a topic hacks like Rebecca Wilson and Buzz Rothfield have continued to pick at when in need of some muck raking when their obvious lack of journalistic talent and ethics is a little too obvious... Rothfield referenced again just recently about "what really happened in Coffs Harbour" in a tweet/post aimed at Graeme Hughes

i could keep going

we live in a far more intrusive world now where a tweet, an idiot with a camera phone, one poor remark, an ill thought out pass on a woman etc., will end your career, your life as you know it... that is a new experience for everyone and people should be mindful of that, especially public figures.... therefore, the Dogs players should have shown greater f*%#ing foresight when it came to their 'Mad Monday' celebrations... so, in truth, i do not have an issue with punishing the players and club... the problem is the sensationalist and manufactured and continuing hysteria the Daily Telegraph and chubby from SMH have started and perpetuated

indeed, the media - as always - are never held to account for facilitating and fanning controversy simply to bolster waning circulation numbers... and this isn't simply limited to the Dogs but the general lack of ethics from the fourth estate... how many elections are poorly covered or political leaders ousted or wars started or invasions of privacy committed or cover ups undertaken etc. by journalists and news organisations only for them to plead some antiquated "public good" motive which died with Edward R Murrow... seriously, how the f*%# can a News Corp paper whose parent company gave us the "News of the World" phone hacking scandal dare to take the moral high ground about some young men blowing off steam after a long and disappointing season in a private room on the 3rd floor of a hotel only detectable by cameramen on stakeout from some perch with professional camera equipment?

Johnny Raper walks down an English street in just a bowler hat and he is an immortal.... Langer dances on a pool table in a pub in front of patrons and he simply has to say sorry... SBW bangs Candice Falzon in a pub toilet and when she is mocked for it later, the public is slut shaming her... Gallen walks along a public street in just a thong but that was for a good cause... Merrin does a nudie run but it was simply good fun etc.

standards, ethics, laws have to be applied equally or they are none of the above... they are simply manufactured hysteria used to protect some and persecute others... and all for a third party's monetary benefit

in other words, it will never be a level playing field and so, why allow yourself to be subjected to the standards and judgements of entities that mean you harm or at least show a reckless disregard towards you and the game
Good one ! This kinda thinking was behind my earlier suggestion of trying to get Nike sponsorship.

Embrace our baddies perception those suckers keep stereotyping us with.

Laugh and cheer and play Sweet Caroline in a positive way and take the micky out of the barbs thrown at us.

This can open up a huge new marketing and rebranding of the Dogs.

We don't need to be sullen or rebellious about it. We can do it in a whole new fun and uplifting way to market the club and turn all this to our advantage.

OR

We can keep getting kicked from pillar to post and feel hard done by. That is gonna happen no matter what.

Lets rebuild our profile and turn it all back on them so its to our benefit and backfires on "them".

With small steps, one at a time, we can do this.

N4TE

DogsRhavnaParty
Reaction score
"Rapist and terrorist", still cop both to this day off people.
Same new lady in the office the other week somehow got onto Football and she asks me who I follow.

Oh isn’t that the team that raped someone a few years ago.. lost count how many times I’ve heard similar.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
Same new lady in the office the other week somehow got onto Football and she asks me who I follow.

Oh isn’t that the team that raped someone a few years ago.. lost count how many times I’ve heard similar.
Dude I hear ya, I am sick to death of being told or called that. Same with terrorists. It's like an old joke told over and over again, like can you come up with something new.

K E

The Bart, The
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score

What if your main TV is 60 inch from Joyce mayne or something?

I have 3 TVs which I will not disclose their brands as I would like you to assume their brands/quality.

Kind regards,
K E

Downhill Skier

Waterboy
Reaction score
I don't think I can ever watch an Redsox home game at Fenway Park ever again TBH

Status
Not open for further replies.