South Sydney players in alleged lewd video chat - Consolidated Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
2GB "The Rabbitohs have offered Sam Burgess the option of standing down from the game tonight, but Sam has said he wants to play". "We will not be speculating on the Souths situation today".

Why does Sam have the option? It sounded like he was the victim.

Seriously 2GB you have double standards.
Should he be stood down anyway seeing as he seems to be the main culprit in this allegation and bring the game into disrepute?

UndeadShadowMan

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Interesting snaps. On the far left at the bottom....is that the woman in question half naked? If so I'm not sure why she was so disgusted....Sam might be in trouble with the wife though lol.
Yeah I missed that looks like it was consensual definitely looks like she is topless.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just looking at the story that Souths have laid out. A lady contacts them to say that players did this thing & said she were going to email them with the details. Any normal CEO would take her name & contact details & the names of the players involved. After he got off the phone, surely he would have contacted the players to get into his office immediately to get their side of the story, so he at least should know who is in the gun. Then when the girl (allegedly) doesn't get back to them or the email is in the junk folder & not seen (although my email alerts me to stuff in the junk folder which I deal with). With such a serious allegation, wouldn't you get back in touch with the girl in 24 hours to ensure it hasn't got misplaced? As a CEO wouldn't you take ownership of the issue & particularly in this #metoo time wouldn't you follow this up?

The story does not make sense to me unless your CEO is incompetent.
All sensible comments here. Yes it does defy belief that the alarm bells ( like the one they rung on GF day 2014) wouldn't have been going off deluxe.

You are right in saying that if a complaint of such nature was lodged that there should have been swift immediate follow up. Were the players interviewed and asked if these allegations were true?

Was the CEO apprised of the situation: it is after all a serious one and you would imagine it would at least be CC'D to them.

If you received an original email that you replied to it is extremely odd that any subsequent ones were junked unless of course you then go back and mark that email address as blocked or spam yourself, but why would you do that if there is undeniable proof that you did in fact open and acknowledge that email in the first place?

I could not help myself this morning whilst having a coffee in town, in looking at the Telegraph. Front page and a not quite double page 4-5.....BUT NO editorial, no opinion pieces even from Kent although he did have a S Burgess article relating to his passion on field and his penchant for targeting those who go after his brothers.

Then I watched the FOX news who had a little mention of it at the top of their news and then left it to an even smaller mention in the match preview for tonight along the lines of them ( Souths) leaving it behind to focus on the game tonight.

Knowing it could be Burgess it is no wonder his coach was running like a rabbit from a fox at their press conference when he threatened to walk out and no longer speak to the press if they continued to ask questions.

All they need to do is find the player who was wearing a gold watch ( unless of course Russell has gifted all of his boys one of them)and who has what looks like a small mole/ mark on his left arm. Below the picture of the exposed genitals there was a smaller one showing someone laying on a bed in a pair of black undies.

Peter Beattie must indeed be psychic ( remember his comments regarding women in relation to the Mad Monday even though none were present and the incident was never done as a deliberate attempt to get photos etc. in the paper...that was all the doing of the Tele crew) ;this one is degrading to women because it was done purposefully and on a face time video. Dumb to say the least as it is out there now in cyber space for all time.

Will be interesting to see the reception Burgess gets tonight..has he even DENIED IT???? He was given the opportunity to stand down for his "well being" but instead will play. What about the well being of the woman involved?????

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just had a thought here? What is to stop them saying that someone else got access to the personal Facebook account and did the deed?

I know it smacks of conspiracy but it would not be the first time someone else other than a superstar has taken the heat for an incident.......just a thought....

Until they actually identify the bloke in the picture it is speculation. He is linked to the incident because it was his account used.

Last edited:

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Yeah I missed that looks like it was consensual definitely looks like she is topless.
If it is the one in the paper you are talking about looked like a male in black underwear lying on a bed.....

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
If it is the one in the paper you are talking about looked like a male in black underwear lying on a bed.....
I thought that was the Instagram picture that was mentioned in an article I read earlier that said it was a rabbitohs player laying in their undies on a hotel bed.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I thought that was the Instagram picture that was mentioned in an article I read earlier that said it was a rabbitohs player laying in their undies on a hotel bed.
That was the one I saw. Am I mistaken and that there is another picture elsewhere?

Tazer

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Possibly....at first glance though it looks like a female. Maybe one of the bunnies players are undergoing gender rearrangement surgery.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wheres Buzz
There's no internet at the rehab centre.

Interesting snaps. On the far left at the bottom....is that the woman in question half naked? If so I'm not sure why she was so disgusted....Sam might be in trouble with the wife though lol.
Good spot... Not sure how these apps work, so could be.

It might be part of the Instagram photo that was mentioned in an article of a rabbitoh player laying on a hotel bed in their undies.

Pretty sure he'll be in trouble with the missus if it is him pulling his dick out to another chick.
Definitely two beds there, and blurring on right is sus.

But it does look like underboob and a womans body. Could be pecs and sculptured abs in bad light though.

Seriously 2GB you have double standards.
* Player gets caught with cocaine *
Ray Hadley: "We need to wipe these fools out of the game, yadda yadda. Fine them, sack them, there's no place in the game for them".

* Son caught with cocaine *
Ray Hadley: *sobbing* "Ohh its an innocent mistake, he's a good cop, he's not well and needs help, we shouldn't victimise people with drug problems WHAAAA WHAAAAA".

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
All sensible comments here. Yes it does defy belief that the alarm bells ( like the one they rung on GF day 2014) wouldn't have been going off deluxe.

All they need to do is find the player who was wearing a gold watch ( unless of course Russell has gifted all of his boys one of them)and who has what looks like a small mole/ mark on his left arm. Below the picture of the exposed genitals there was a smaller one showing someone laying on a bed in a pair of black undies.

What was that movie? Porkies? I can Identify the penis because it had a mole on it. Do you want a line-up Ms Ballbricker? LOL

chisdog

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
We need a hashtag campaign going:

#WhereisGreenberg along with #Bunniesdonthaverespectforwomen

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Should he be stood down anyway seeing as he seems to be the main culprit in this allegation and bring the game into disrepute?
Option to step down!!!....shouldn’t have a fucking option...He should be banished to Hell, the fucking creepy predator.
Oh how the important stay powerful. Exposes himself and gets treated like he’s the victim. The NRL, Media and Souths give him the night off, a pay rise, head massage, wristie, and then tuck him into bed for an early morning complimentary wake up call. What a fucking attrocity. If I was Adam Elliot I would walk away from the game. Fuck em.

Last edited:

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Good to see the bunnies double down with Musgrove's charges being brought to light on top of the other issues... 2 storms in 1 teacup for the NRL to ignore.

Shows how well the bunnies are treated by the media, the Musgrove news is from months ago.

A

Alexander the Great

He should be stood down immediately like the stood down Brett Stewart when he was accused of assault ect.

Blue&whiteAxe

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He should be stood down immediately like the stood down Brett Stewart when he was accused of assault ect.
It’s a very serious allegation. Custodial punishment is a possibility.

New South Wales Consolidated Acts

CRIMES ACT 1900 - SECT 61N
Act of indecency
61N Act of indecency

person who commits an act of indecency with or towards a person under the age of 16 years, or incites a person under that age to an act of indecency with or towards that or another person, is liable to imprisonment for 2 years.

(2) Any person who commits an act of indecency with or towards a person of the age of 16 years or above, or incites a person of the age of 16 years or above to an act of indecency with or towards that or another person, is liable to imprisonment for 18 months.

Last edited:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bet his wife Phoebe is thrilled with this news.

His wife would have been about 2 months pregnant when this happened.

Mike Z

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Channel 9 "Sam will come out firing"
100% any other player "he should not he playing - sets a bad example"

In my opinion this was the dogs needed as they can now defend what happened to them using this as a standard and the fine all but overturned

Status
Not open for further replies.