Josh Dugan Emotional Interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Love him or hate him. I have hated him for a while but seeing that interview made me feel for the guy. At the end of the day these are young guys constantly in the public scrutiny and by the sounds of it he has had a tough upbringing. I agree with him the media focuses on the negatives as this sells unfortunately.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I think you are missing the point. The media focus upon the salacious and the scandal. When they dont have it they look for it or create it. It is how the 24 hour news cycle works, especially in the Murdoch camp. The media never try and uncover the story about anything positive the players do in the community.
No I am not missing the point.

The media didn't create the shit Dugan has done, he created it himself.

Granted they created the shit about the Dogs players.

Dugan is the typical, poor woe is me.

Also there are heaps of things Dugan has done, that the media etc has kept quite on.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No I am not missing the point.

The media didn't create the shit Dugan has done, he created it himself.

Granted they created the shit about the Dogs players.

Dugan is the typical, poor woe is me.

Also there are heaps of things Dugan has done, that the media etc has kept quite on.
I think you are missing the point because i am looking at the issue beyond Dugan. I am not defending him, he has done some dumb shit and has rightfully got smashed for it. But if you think that News corp is not looking for, creating and celebrating drama everyday so they can get clicks online then you are missing the point. The Bulldogs are a perfect example, there is a reason why our club is targetted by the Sydney media on Mad Monday. We generate a passionate response, we have a big supporter base, there are fans from other clubs who hate us, there are racists who hate us for our fan demographic, the area we rep etc.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Josh Dugan has been an idiot his career but I nowhere near hate him. He has done literally nothing to me or the Bulldogs so why should we care when he fucks up? It's his own life and he can live it how he sees fit.

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I tell my kids all the time if you do stupid things in public or on social media it’s there forever you can’t take it back. I feel for josh but sometimes life teaches us hard lessons

Kelpie03

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Josh Dugan has been an idiot his career but I nowhere near hate him. He has done literally nothing to me or the Bulldogs so why should we care when he fucks up? It's his own life and he can live it how he sees fit.
I feel for Dugan as a result of the negative publicity put on him by the media. But if he wants the media to ignore all his discretions in the future and have the media focus the good things he does, he should seek a contract with our club, then I'm sure he will learn all about negative publicity.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I can't really remember but has Dugan actually done anything considered BAD?!

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
The Bulldogs are a perfect example, there is a reason why our club is targetted by the Sydney media on Mad Monday. We generate a passionate response, we have a big supporter base, there are fans from other clubs who hate us, there are racists who hate us for our fan demographic, the area we rep etc.
I see it differently.

I see it the reason why you club is targeted is because the media know the players will do 'something' wrong.

I believe someone from the hotel notified the media to where the club was having Mad Monday.

I was a season ticket holder with the Broncos for about 15 years, not once did I have any problems with Dogs supporters, the ones that caused drama were Chooks & Parramatta fans.

With Dugan, you reap what you sow.

As you are aware, the Broncos signed him in 2013 & the fucktard, fucked up again.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/act/dugan-blows-broncos-deal-20130331-2h14z.html

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Dugan was probably more upset because the kid he was helping out passed away and the media didn't put a spotlight on it.

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I see it differently.

I see it the reason why you club is targeted is because the media know the players will do 'something' wrong.

I believe someone from the hotel notified the media to where the club was having Mad Monday.

I was a season ticket holder with the Broncos for about 15 years, not once did I have any problems with Dogs supporters, the ones that caused drama were Chooks & Parramatta fans.

With Dugan, you reap what you sow.

As you are aware, the Broncos signed him in 2013 & the fucktard, fucked up again.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/national/act/dugan-blows-broncos-deal-20130331-2h14z.html
All players will do something wrong on Mad Monday, they get drunk and act like idiots.That is the point, they looked for a negative story from the club that would generate the most buzz and readership. Its hard for you to get because your club is owned by News

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
All players will do something wrong on Mad Monday, they get drunk and act like idiots.That is the point, they looked for a negative story from the club that would generate the most buzz and readership. Its hard for you to get because your club is owned by News
I don't give a fuck what they do on Mad Monday.

It's their end of year party.

Freakzilla

Kennel Immortal
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
SC H2H Champion
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
I can't really remember but has Dugan actually done anything considered BAD?!
Drinking is the worst he's done and calling Buzz a dickhead the best. Nothing for him to have the reputation that he does.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He gives the perception of being a real duh and does nothing to endear himself to positive comments.

Social media is a curse and if you venture our there and portray yourself in an anything less than perfect light you will get smashed by comments that you might not like. Does not make it right but a bit of responsibility for the said drubbing belongs to him.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Out of the game this weekend. Some are saying due to shoulder injury, other media sites claiming mental health.

FaceBreaker

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Love him or hate him. I have hated him for a while but seeing that interview made me feel for the guy. At the end of the day these are young guys constantly in the public scrutiny and by the sounds of it he has had a tough upbringing. I agree with him the media focuses on the negatives as this sells unfortunately.
Agreed.

I never liked the bloke and appears he has a few deeper issues.

Honestly think his best option is to play rugby in Europe or something and get away from the Sydney fishbowl lifestyle which he will always have issues with.

Brizdog

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Agreed.

I never liked the bloke and appears he has a few deeper issues.

Honestly think his best option is to play rugby in Europe or something and get away from the Sydney fishbowl lifestyle which he will always have issues with.
well said, i wonder how many of the footy players have deeper issues. Ben Barba, Todd Carney, Andrew Fafita obviously

Status
Not open for further replies.