Josh Dugan Emotional Interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.

beastwood89

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Not sure if anyone seen it or not.

Hate him or love him, but was tough seeing him breakdown in front of them crisis merchants.

Hope his mental health is ok, keep ya head up mate and keep doing the good things your doing.

The help and support you done for that young kid and his family is awesome mate

My thoughts are with that young kids family and friends during this difficult time.

Sleeky

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Thought it was good to re-iterate to the public that “negativity sells papers”. The more everyone drills it into each other, the less power papers have against the public

off-tap-robbie

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
If I was earning the big bucks I wouldn't give two fucks what the public thought of me. The only people i'd care what they thought would be the club, my team mates and my family anyone else can get fucked.

Malla

Reaction score
Good timing particularly with RU OK day around the corner. Media should have a duty of care yet they never consider how a story could effect the mental health of players. Absolute rubbish I wish more players would treat the media same way Teo did Weedler few years ago

Malla

Reaction score
If I was earning the big bucks I wouldn't give two fucks what the public thought of me. The only people i'd care what they thought would be the club, my team mates and my family anyone else can get fucked.
Easier said than done. End of the day they are humans susceptible to critisism, particularly when it takes a toll on your mental and emotional state.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
That said, Dugan has brought a lot of it upon himself.

"I've changed", and then a few weeks ago calls Rothfield a fuckwit on a podcast (which now I agree with), but even so, he attracts targets to himself.

The one's I feel for in all this negativity are Adam Elliott and Asipeli Fine. Even moreso now that Asipeli Fine has done his hip and could end his career (because he is not signed anywhere). Imagine the mental headspace both of those guys are in at the moment.

The media won't be happy until a player commits suicide over their reckless reporting. Sadly I feel it's a matter of WHEN, not IF.

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That said, Dugan has brought a lot of it upon himself.

"I've changed", and then a few weeks ago calls Rothfield a fuckwit on a podcast (which now I agree with), but even so, he attracts targets to himself.

The one's I feel for in all this negativity are Adam Elliott and Asipeli Fine. Even moreso now that Asipeli Fine has done his hip and could end his career (because he is not signed anywhere). Imagine the mental headspace both of those guys are in at the moment.

The media won't be happy until a player commits suicide over their reckless reporting. Sadly I feel it's a matter of WHEN, not IF.
And they’ll blame the NRL when it happens. The media are never accountable for anything.

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Oh please.

My heart bleeds for him. NOT

I will probably get attacked, but who cares.

Dugan has never taken responsibility for his actions.

It's always blame someone else.

Then he mentions how he raised money for a boy that was dying.

Why mention it, could have said I do charity work etc.

Heaps of players do the same thing, but don't let the public know.

He has only himself to blame.

jasonsmith11

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
yeah i was just reading about inglis rib injury and inglis was quoted as saying 'look its fine, obviously its a bit painful now" i really cant imagine inglis talking like that. inglis doent talk like michael clarke more like sonny bill

GA45

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do people know it’s easy to beat the trolls by turning them off ? If you don’t want to read or listen to negative publicity then turn off your social media. It’s not as hard as it sounds

Nate DAWG

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Oh please.

I think you are missing the point. The media focus upon the salacious and the scandal. When they dont have it they look for it or create it. It is how the 24 hour news cycle works, especially in the Murdoch camp. The media never try and uncover the story about anything positive the players do in the community.

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Oh please.

Dugan is a good bloke, broette:

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Do people know it’s easy to beat the trolls by turning them off ? If you don’t want to read or listen to negative publicity then turn off your social media. It’s not as hard as it sounds
Hey GA45 it’s not really that easy is it...?!

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Yeah it’s that easy ! If it’s affecting you mentally then it’s the easiest way to improve your mental health. Get off social media
Even easier than that it ignoring them. Or replying with an emoji like :blush: or :kissingheart: - that makes them burn even more!

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I'm one of the biggest trolls on social media, but a grown man holding back tears while he bares his soul to the same vultures who's sole purpose is to drag players down for a living has me feeling for him.

Everyone fucks up, ffs our own players can't even hold their booze and act right. The bullshit stories these journos spew onto papers shouldn't define a person. These negative stories are but a single day in amongst thousands of positive stories we aren't being told.
Next time we judge a person by a single action, just think to yourself, what if your entire life was defined by a single mistake you've made in life and from there on forth, the world only noticed your mistakes and never seen a single positive thing you've done.

R U OK?

Papa Emeritus

Who wants their taint tickled?
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Oh please.

Agreed, just because someone does some nice things doesn't erase all of their dickhead behaviour.

Status
Not open for further replies.