Okunbor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Malla

Reaction score
Crazy how a few weeks in first grade can really elevate a players game (except Frawley). He is still lazy particularly in defence - gets caught out on the inside heaps of times. Hopefully a full off season under Pay will fix that - he's such a damaging runner of the ball.

Mr Beast

Admin
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Crazy how a few weeks in first grade can really elevate a players game (except Frawley). He is still lazy particularly in defence - gets caught out on the inside heaps of times. Hopefully a full off season under Pay will fix that - he's such a damaging runner of the ball.
lol at except frawley

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I think he has improved since moving to the wing, the role is simpler and it's probably easier for him to focus on doing what he needs to do from there. Every set he pretty much comes in field to take a carry from our end and that keeps him in the game.

Physically he's great and he doesn't have any that puppy fat that turns into fat fat like other young units coming through. He's a strong ball runner with a handy offload, his top speed looks pretty good while his acceleration looks decent compared to someone like Hoppa.

A lot of his issues look to he mental and down to him just being lazy. Things like not going in hard enough during a tackle, not turning and chasing as quickly as he should, pushing a lazy pass that shouldn't be pushed, etc. If he can fix up these areas of his game and polish up the areas of wing play then we potentially have an Oates like winger on our hands....still has a massive way to go.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I think he has improved since moving to the wing, the role is simpler and it's probably easier for him to focus on doing what he needs to do from there. Every set he pretty much comes in field to take a carry from our end and that keeps him in the game.

Physically he's great and he doesn't have any that puppy fat that turns into fat fat like other young units coming through. He's a strong ball runner with a handy offload, his top speed looks pretty good while his acceleration looks decent compared to someone like Hoppa.

A lot of his issues look to he mental and down to him just being lazy. Things like not going in hard enough during a tackle, not turning and chasing as quickly as he should, pushing a lazy pass that shouldn't be pushed, etc. If he can fix up these areas of his game and polish up the areas of wing play then we potentially have an Oates like winger on our hands....still has a massive way to go.
He reminds me a bit of Reimis Smith with his attitude in ISP maybe he just needs a chance and see what happens.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
He reminds me a bit of Reimis Smith with his attitude in ISP maybe he just needs a chance and see what happens.
Yh true. Only difference is that Smith is a lot more polished in terms of wing play compared to Okunbor so he looked a lot more comfortable when given the chance. Okunbor would probably look lost if given the chance this season.

Moedogg

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

Does that mean he'll ask to be moved to second row just coz he played there in the lower grades ? :tearsofjoy:

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Anyone know if Tom Carr was released or renewed?

He's another very good prospect, but has had a few injuries that might be way Dogs haven't renewed him.

Tall body with a huge vertical leap though.

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Okunbor isn't all that great, he does one really good thing every few games but watching him regularly he definitely doesn't have the right attitude and still struggles with the basics, can have feet for hands too.

Steve M

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Obviously you guys have seen him way more than me. Are these deficiencies in his game able to be eliminated do you think?

BankstownBulldog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Obviously you guys have seen him way more than me. Are these deficiencies in his game able to be eliminated do you think?
Sure.

Don’t renew his contract haha.

Nah I don’t really watch much of the lower grades but he is a massive body and would play like an extra forward coming out of trouble from our end.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score

Correct. He can do some simply stunning things in a game like the one on one strip and off for the try but then he can do some shall we say really ordinary things. He needs to be involved for the eighty; big boy and a very damaging runner when he is on.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Anyone know if Tom Carr was released or renewed?

He's another very good prospect, but has had a few injuries that might be way Dogs haven't renewed him.

Tall body with a huge vertical leap though.
Still on the list of off contract players. Don't know why he didn't play yesterday, late withdrawal...

Kayne Kalache who played a full Flegg game warmed up as 18th man against Wyong.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okunbor looks like a bighead to me ,maybe I’m wrong I hope he puts it together and maybe mans up and does something with his fuckin hair, future good MAYBE

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Okunbor looks like a bighead to me ,maybe I’m wrong I hope he puts it together and maybe mans up and does something with his fuckin hair, future good MAYBE

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Last week the kennel were tearing shreds off him and the week before that , blowing wind up his ..... we have now done a full circle a number of times... Lol @ the kennel.... He is still a kid and some take more time to mature than others... Or he may turn out to be a dud . Far too early to judge either way..

First grade is always a great acid test .

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I’m curious as to what about him comes across as a big bead? I don’t get the vibe watching him on the field at all????

Status
Not open for further replies.