Boycott Jaycar

Status
Not open for further replies.

bradtalo

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If Gary Johnston still had his way Des would still be coach of the Dogs. I contacted him about Des last year and he replied saying how he didn't get involved with decisions on coach but he felt Des was the right man for the job basically. Yes maybe Andrew Hill should have called him but if he wants to act like this now I and hopefully many others will take their business elsewhere. Blame the Telegraph, not the players, no one complained, no-one was hurt.
Bulldogs’ Mad Monday mess results in major sponsor walking away
news.com.au
an hour ago
CANTERBURY has lost major sponsor Jaycar and a sponsorship deal worth $500k annually in a dramatic development in the club’s Mad Monday mess.

Still reeling from the NRL’s decision to slug the club with a record $250,000 fine, reports on Friday afternoon revealed electronics company Jaycar has also decided to walk away from the Bulldogs — killing a partnership that had stood since 2009.

Jaycar boss Gary Johnston told The Telegraph, he has decided to walk away as a result of the club’s failure to reach out to sponsors to explain the black eye caused by the club’s Mad Monday debacle.

“It’s disappointing I haven’t heard from them since it (Mad Monday) happened,” he told The Daily Telegraph.

“In the days of Ray Dib they would have been on the phone to me straight away before the photos had even got into the paper.

“Ray was a personable bloke and worked very hard on keeping his sponsors onside.

“There’s none of that with the new regime. It’s chalk and cheese between Ray and the new administration. I’m normally sympathetic and very loyal to the club but we’ll see what happens.”

Bulldogs players have also been charged by police and copped another $90,000 in sanctions for their Mad Monday antics.

Players were photographed from street-level stripping off their clothes at the Harbour View Hotel in The Rocks on Monday.

Adam Elliott, 23, and Asipeli Fine, 25, were both fined $25,000 by the club with $10,000 suspended after they were photographed nude on the balcony of the Harbour View Hotel in Sydney’s The Rocks.

Asipeli Fine (middle) and Marcelo Montoya (left) arrive at Belmore headquarters after Mad Monday.
NSW Police confirmed that two men aged 23 and 25 have been issued with court attendance notices for wilful and obscene exposure and are due to face Downing Centre Local Court on October 24.

Marcelo Montoya — who was pictured having thrown up and passed out on the street — and Zac Woolford were also fined $10,000 by the club, half of which was suspended.

Police said a third man has been issued with an infringement notice for offensive conduct.

The hotel where the players ran amok has been hit with five penalty notices - two for permitting indecent behaviour and three for permitting intoxication on a licensed premises.

A police spokeswoman told AAP no further charges are expected.

Staff members including coach Dean Pay and football manager Gareth Holmes, who were present, will come under scrutiny as part of a club investigation. Greenberg said he took a dim view of the incident given the event was organised by the club, and senior officials failed to stop the players from behaving boorishly.

Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill responds to the NRL breach notice.
“The club organised the event and failed to implement the most basic of measures to ensure it was conducted in an appropriate way,” he said.

“The club’s failure to manage the event followed specific directives to all clubs to ensure these type of events do not damage our game. “The players’ behaviour embarrassed themselves, their club and the game.” The NRL’s $250,000 fine is the biggest handed down by Rugby League Central for player misbehaviour.

–– ADVERTISEMENT ––

Greenberg, a former CEO of the Bulldogs, said he wanted to send a message after the drama diverted attention from the first week of the finals. Bulldogs CEO Andrew Hill said the club would reply to the NRL’s breach notice in the next five days in the hope of having the fine reduced.

While accepting the players behaved inappropriately, he said the club disagreed with the severity of the sanctions.

Hill also said the club was set to scrap future Mad Monday celebrations. “While the club is disappointed at the severity of the fine, it accepts the images and behaviours on the day were unacceptable and a poor reflection on the game,” Hill said.

“The club will now hold a full review and put steps in place to ensure this never happens again.”

— with AAP

Originally published as Bulldogs’ $500k Mad Monday whack

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Theyve stuck solid with us in the past

Im.not boycotting him

Who I am pissed off at is the goose at our club that couldnt ensure and manage a completely private function

Whoever that person is they should face the sack - completely incompetent

The players arent to blame they were told its a private function

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I’m boycotting NRL finals .... just as well I love golf, NFL,boxing and UFC lol heaps to keep me occupied

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
I don’t think I have ever bought anything from Jaycar so I can’t boycot them but next year when we get a replacement sponsor everyone buy new merchandise so we don’t give Jaycar anymore free exposure and look after their replacement.

Baseball Furies

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
I can’t boycott if I’ve never been to one of their stores and never intend to!

Point taken though...:yum:

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Sponsors come and go, don't really buy much from there but I doubt Jaycar would miss my $40 or $50 bucks a year.

Ahecee

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Can't see any reason to be upset with Jaycar, they sponsored the club when we sucked and nobody else was interested, and they have stuck around for years. If they are now working on floating the company and this is something that would be in a report and potentially be a headache then its not that hard to see their point of view.

I'm sure they logo space will be filled by someone else, so, whatever.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Just let everyone know how unethical he is, and to shop elsewhere. Word of Mouth more damaging than simply losing one customer.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Sounds like one of dibs sponsors the way he spoke about ray. I guess if you wanted to stop your sponsorship especially since being demoted from main jersey sponsor then it’s a good excuse.

In all honesty he was a very loyal sponsor. He was the first to back up and stood by us time and time again. Of course he had his own interests at heart too but he did speak out in support of us when no one else would.

But good luck to him. Can’t be cut at his 6+ million dollars worth of investment over the years.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
I’ve never been a customer either, but he’s obviously a team Dib sycophant and good riddance to bad rubbish. I salute all of you who have supported his shitty company in the past and have decided to boycott.

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Said on channel 9 news that the sponsorship was only 500k. I thought it would be alot more to get your company on an NRL jersey.

I don't think the dogs will fold or have to relocate because of this

The Innovator

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Theyve stuck solid with us in the past

Im.not boycotting him

Who I am pissed off at is the goose at our club that couldnt ensure and manage a completely private function

Whoever that person is they should face the sack - completely incompetent

The players arent to blame they were told its a private function
Mate you nailed. Whilst I think it’s abhorrent that Rothfield, and it was Buzz who orchestrated the stitch up, would want to give the game another black eye.......the idiots that thought having a party albeit private on a balcony in full view need a rocket up them.
I feel sorry for the Dogs players. What they got up too isn’t anything new.
You can’t blame any sponsors wanting out.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Johnston is a dib lackey. He’s been waiting for an opportunity to back out of his deal, and sink the boot into the new administration.
Fuck the ****.
Spot on. So true you beat me to it

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.