The Board have undone all the good work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
How difficult is it to get someone in the cub to compile a report of recent player/team incidents and send it to that **** TG with a please explain

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We have had the Dogs of War no bullshit mantra shoved down our throats for the past 12 months and the board today had a chance to embrace that and bring all the fans together in support of the club but they blew it, why should Klemmer or Jackson or anyone else put there body on the line week in and week out in order to put money in the corporate pockets if the board doesn't even stand up to the media when everyone else is crucifying us.

Imagine the amount of excitement and support they could've generated if they stood up to the NRL, it would set up 2019 as a year where it was us vs everyone and that would only be extra motivation for the boys.

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Early in the year I was a heavy in my criticism of the new board and the changing of the guard. I'd use any chance possible to have a go at them.

However towards the end of the season I mellowed and started to realise they were indeed on the right track.

That was... until today.

Our board faced a real challenge on this one:
Be a "Yes Man" and just cop it up the arse; or
Stand behind our players and fanbase as one, united in disagreeance.

They chose the former, and the repercussions will be great.

We are currently trying to recruit players, but what player is going to remotely consider moving to a club that clearly does not support it's players.

Moreso, what player is going to sign with a club, when they aware the club will constantly scrutinise their partying outside of work?

What message does this send to the existing playing group, who have busted their arses, and nursed the bruises, whilst a bunch of suits sit on their arses and reap the benefits.

It would not at all suprise me if such an approach puts players offside with the club, and considering walking out, and I for one, would not blame them.

A board is meant to defend it's club and it's players. It's meant to stand proud in the face of adversity, not roll over and take it.

I am absolutely disgusted with the boards approach to this incident. They have effectively punished the players for having a bit of fun and relaxing after a tough season (partly which they contributed to by disturbing the players midseason to release some).

This will only furthur fracture the playing group. Remember Adam Elliott is meant to be one of the leadership group. He's very close with Tolman and Jackson and Klemmer. How are Tolman, Jackson, Klemmer, and every other player going to feel knowing they are now playing for a board who do not give a single fuck about them.

We have all seen the players tank in previous years as a sign they were unhappy with that coach.
We have all seen the fans revolt against the board and vote them out based on performance.

With only a year odd left before voters go back to decide if the current board stay, this could be absolute suicide on the boards part, and a defining moment in if they get reelected.

Put simply it's this.

If the board can't support the players, then why should the fans support the club/board.

As it stands I am absolutely disgusted in all this. The board had their chance to harden the fuck up, and they have let every single fan and player down in the process.

Spineless, pathetic, ridiculous.

I am sure there will be more collateral damage from their approach.
What an absolute load of crap!!! Seriously, get off your soap box. What do you expect them to do?
As much as it doesnt bother me what they got up to on their mad monday, there is simply no need to get naked and carry on like idiots, and it straight up should not have happened. Especially after last years dramas as well.
Now there is even talk of the NRL fining the club $250k and you think the board are completely useless and spineless for not sticking up for the players?? Are you fucking taking the piss????!!!
I despise the media for what they do to our club, and i couldnt care less that they got drunk and did some dumb shit, but even Adam Elliot would be regretting his actions right now, and im sure he is pretty fucking embarrassed. But he should be.
But naturally you want to go on the attack and blame the board. What a joke. If the board is voted in to represent the members, and the club is about to be fined $250k, why the fuck should they back the players for being idiots????? Like seriously??
The players should humbly apologise to the board and the fans for being dickheads. Its their fault and no one elses that we are in this fucking mess again.

maltalian_dog

DESeption
Reaction score
What an absolute load of crap!!! Seriously, get off your soap box. What do you expect them to do?
As much as it doesnt bother me what they got up to on their mad monday, there is simply no need to get naked and carry on like idiots, and it straight up should not have happened. Especially after last years dramas as well.
Now there is even talk of the NRL fining the club $250k and you think the board are completely useless and spineless for not sticking up for the players?? Are you fucking taking the piss????!!!
I despise the media for what they do to our club, and i couldnt care less that they got drunk and did some dumb shit, but even Adam Elliot would be regretting his actions right now, and im sure he is pretty fucking embarrassed. But he should be.
But naturally you want to go on the attack and blame the board. What a joke. If the board is voted in to represent the members, and the club is about to be fined $250k, why the fuck should they back the players for being idiots????? Like seriously??
The players should humbly apologise to the board and the fans for being dickheads. Its their fault and no one elses that we are in this fucking mess again.
This!! We have been backed into a corner. After watching Andrew hill today he's a true professional didn't give anything away. We won't pay the full amount and he's the reason why you can't bite the hand that feeds you..

It's just happened so if he was to come out and have a crack at the NRL it doesn't do us any good. Let's see how it plays out

Cosmo24

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
This!! We have been backed into a corner. After watching Andrew hill today he's a true professional didn't give anything away. We won't pay the full amount and he's the reason why you can't bite the hand that feeds you..

It's just happened so if he was to come out and have a crack at the NRL it doesn't do us any good. Let's see how it plays out
Agreed. Anyone else think the club fining players has any merit or just clever media work from our CEO?

bells76

Kennel Established
Reaction score
This thread should be closed ! Of course the board would be obtaining legal advice but what do we expect them to say today? Shove it up your arse NRL we aren't paying?

steeliz

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Early in the year I was a heavy in my criticism of the new board and the changing of the guard. I'd use any chance possible to have a go at them.

However towards the end of the season I mellowed and started to realise they were indeed on the right track.

That was... until today.

We are currently trying to recruit players, but what player is going to remotely consider moving to a club that clearly does not support it's players.

Moreso, what player is going to sign with a club, when they aware the club will constantly scrutinise their partying outside of work?

What message does this send to the existing playing group, who have busted their arses, and nursed the bruises, whilst a bunch of suits sit on their arses and reap the benefits.

It would not at all suprise me if such an approach puts players offside with the club, and considering walking out, and I for one, would not blame them.

A board is meant to defend it's club and it's players. It's meant to stand proud in the face of adversity, not roll over and take it.

I am absolutely disgusted with the boards approach to this incident. They have effectively punished the players for having a bit of fun and relaxing after a tough season (partly which they contributed to by disturbing the players midseason to release some).

This will only furthur fracture the playing group. Remember Adam Elliott is meant to be one of the leadership group. He's very close with Tolman and Jackson and Klemmer. How are Tolman, Jackson, Klemmer, and every other player going to feel knowing they are now playing for a board who do not give a single fuck about them.

We have all seen the players tank in previous years as a sign they were unhappy with that coach.
We have all seen the fans revolt against the board and vote them out based on performance.

With only a year odd left before voters go back to decide if the current board stay, this could be absolute suicide on the boards part, and a defining moment in if they get reelected.

Put simply it's this.

If the board can't support the players, then why should the fans support the club/board.

As it stands I am absolutely disgusted in all this. The board had their chance to harden the fuck up, and they have let every single fan and player down in the process.

They haven't shown any more OR any less support to the players than the previous board had showed to the players during Black Friday.

Welcome to the new reality. Tow the line or the NRL will cut club grants.

Chrisaaar

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well said mate. Original post was utter dribble.

If the board publicly backed the players for getting shit faced, dancing on tables naked and passing out drunk on the street - we’d then get a new post about how unprofessional it looks having a board that supports such behaviour.

Truth is we should have never given the media a chance to get something. We’ve known since Coffs they hate us and will do anything to cause us grief.

The extent the media have gone to for a story is laughable and really is a new low in Australian reporting.

Worst part is this is just a taste of how low they’ll go. Imagine what they’ll do if we ever are allowed to win another comp?

Beauty of being a doggies fan tho right? Us against the world. Fk them.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Hill has already stated verbatim in the presser that we will not be contesting the fine handed down by the NRL and that the sponsors are fine with what went on.

Tbh i don't really know what else the board could have done, the media and the nrl have blown this way out of proportion but the board has gotta think about the sponsorship dollars etc, they really are stuck between a rock and a hard place with this one. No matter what reply they come out with, it would have upset someone.
"Whilst we agree that the actions of the players may be seen by the media and some to be in poor taste, it is important to acknowledge that the players were in a private function area, 3 storeys up and not visible to any member of the public. Whilst we are not certain how the photos were taken, no complaint has been made directly to the club about the players conduct. The club sees Mad Monday as a way for the players to unwind after what has undoubtably been a tough season.

We believe that the fine from the NRL is grossly over the top compared to previous fines handed out by them to other clubs for discretions over this year and in the past.

We will be exploring all legals options in regards to the privacy / distribution of the photos, and in regards to challenging the severity of the fine.

The players have the full support of the club in this matter, and all sponsors are supporting the club in it's actions.

The players understand what they did was silly, but as a club we have the duty to protect them from undue slander, and defend ourselves from any actions and fines from the NRL.

We will not be making any future statement on the matter until it is dealt with in full.

Thank you"

THAT .. is how you handle the situation.

Mr Invisble 4 CEO!

Do you put your body on the line every weekend and risk injury (potentially) for entertainment?
Nope? Then STFU.

They have every right to let their hair down and kick back, and would not be expecting a private function to be stalked and spied upon.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hill has already stated verbatim in the presser that we will not be contesting the fine handed down by the NRL and that the sponsors are fine with what went on.
I don’t know if you can understand basic comprehension because Hill didn’t say they weren’t contesting the fine! They have 5 days to contest and they were going to go through the breach notice!

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Because the previous Muppets would of handled this much better... They probably would of bent over asked the NRL if they could pay double the fine, then sack all players involved and finally they would adopt 32000 African children to try and look better

bricktamland

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

That was... until today.

Put simply it's this.

This is catch 22, you stand up and fight for the club and then the nrl will have a blacklist to your name and fucks us over when ever they can, refs, draw, judiciary.. you bend over and cop it and we look like yesman and push overs

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Well said mate. Original post was utter dribble.

If the board publicly backed the players for getting shit faced, dancing on tables naked and passing out drunk on the street - we’d then get a new post about how unprofessional it looks having a board that supports such behaviour.

Truth is we should have never given the media a chance to get something. We’ve known since Coffs they hate us and will do anything to cause us grief.

The extent the media have gone to for a story is laughable and really is a new low in Australian reporting.

Worst part is this is just a taste of how low they’ll go. Imagine what they’ll do if we ever are allowed to win another comp?

Beauty of being a doggies fan tho right? Us against the world. Fk them.
Totally agree mate, thats exactly what would have happened. Any chance he can find to have a crack at the board he does.
This thread is utter bullshit. Why do other mods not shut this shit down???
It doesnt matter how you spin it, this type of behaviour is simply unacceptable. I wouldnt do it. Especially at a licensed venue. I wouldnt do it at my mates place. I know people who possibly would, and theres no doubt i have done some stupid shit in my time as well, but i usually wake up with a rediculous hangover and a whole lot of regret.
I work in a massive lisenced venue. I have my RSA, and i put up with drunken idiots on a regular. There are plenty of things the venue and its staff ignored, things which carry massive fines for both the venue and its staff. But that doesnt excuse the behaviour of the players.
I highly doubt that the $250k will be the final figure paid. Its a rediculous figure. Especially when the sharks breaking the salary cap seems to go unpenalised. But the players deserve a fine. Not so much the club.

Dannyboi88

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
The club has 5 days to reply to the impending infringement
Give the doubt collect there facts get the players story and hit back Andrew hill didn’t offer much in press conference but it all came to light Tuesday
And given the nrls way of handling shit will be a while before we hear anything

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score

"Whilst we agree that the actions of the players may be seen by the media and some to be in poor taste, it is important to acknowledge that the players were in a private function area, 3 storeys up and not visible to any member of the public. Whilst we are not certain how the photos were taken, no complaint has been made directly to the club about the players conduct. The club sees Mad Monday as a way for the players to unwind after what has undoubtably been a tough season.

We believe that the fine from the NRL is grossly over the top compared to previous fines handed out by them to other clubs for discretions over this year and in the past.

We will be exploring all legals options in regards to the privacy / distribution of the photos, and in regards to challenging the severity of the fine.

The players have the full support of the club in this matter, and all sponsors are supporting the club in it's actions.

The players understand what they did was silly, but as a club we have the duty to protect them from undue slander, and defend ourselves from any actions and fines from the NRL.

We will not be making any future statement on the matter until it is dealt with in full.

Thank you"

THAT .. is how you handle the situation.

Mr Invisble 4 CEO!

Do you put your body on the line every weekend and risk injury (potentially) for entertainment?
Nope? Then STFU.

They have every right to let their hair down and kick back, and would not be expecting a private function to be stalked and spied upon.
Excuse me mr moderator sir, but telling a fellow forum member to shut the fuck up is clearly in violation of forum ethics.
No, i dont put my body on the line in the name of entertainment. But nor do i get paid hundreds of thousands of dollars to play a sport i love. And how exactly would this justify my behaviour if i did??
As i said in my original post (before being told to shut the fuck up i might add) the actions of the players doesnt offend me, and if i was there at the venue i would have even had a bit of a laugh. But does this mean that it is acceptable behaviour? Of course not. Does this mean that this behavior should be condoned and defended by the board?? Heeeeelllll no!!! I would expect the board to challenge the severity of the fine, which im certain they will, but i would be disapointed if they defended the behavior of the players.
It doesnt matter what spin you put on it, this carry on is unacceptable. So get your head out of your ass and stop trying to blame the board for shit they did not do.

Status
Not open for further replies.