Sweet Caroline - Consolidated Mad Monday Saga Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Woolford did? He was fined $10000 ($5000 suspended).

Hope it doesn't play a part in him being re-signed or not.

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Any plans for some banners next year?

"3 legged Elliot"

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
$250k ... fuck me thats like ... 12.5 Kia Picantos! https://www.bulldogs.com.au/news/2018/09/06/kia-picanto-winner-announced/

Asipeli Fine should tell the NRL to "go get fucked". He's not contracted next year and probably off to ESL.

Bulldogs getting lots of love ... even from opposing supporters:
https://twitter.com/NRL/status/1037557411093962754
https://twitter.com/BuzzRothfield/status/1037554654765182977
https://twitter.com/BuzzRothfield/status/1037555078683475968
https://twitter.com/BuzzRothfield/status/1037556010682966017

People power!!!!! When will the NRL learn that fans are becoming sick and tired of gutter reporting.

They ( NRL) should be more focused on fixing the problems that they have created for themselves and ones that are eating away at the game; shit officiating; nepotism; slaps on the wrist for the higher profile players ( the ornaments to the game) because they are untouchable ( Thurston and his mouthing off at referees an example); poor scheduling of games that don't allow fans who want to watch the game live; no money being given to grass roots footy and the country areas...just a few token games because the NRL believes that that is all they need to do. Of course the media is king because all the money for the game comes from the broadcasters. Surprise, surprise! We never saw this coming.

Well what about we, the fans who buy season tickets, merchandise and finals tickets. ALL money after the end of home ground advantage in the finals goes to the NRL; all money from Test matches goes to the NRL and of course testimonial monies go to the privileged few players of course with a bit of a kick back for the NRL; all our fines including the piss poor ones like wearing a wrong jersey even though it was our away game and the alternate strip is worn on that occasion plus this will go into the big black hole of NRL revenue. They make clubs feel privileged that they deign to give them grants to keep them going.....

I especially loved the comments relating to the inconsistency of punishments and that if they are going to fine us this much at least give it to the farmers or country footy.

I still cannot wrap my head around the fact that the NRL is too blinkered or way out of touch to think that there is something inherently wrong with the fact that the photographer had to go out of their way to get these photos and that they thought is was okay to publish them. No spying, there would be no published photos and it remains an unknown. Well NRL what are you going to do next year when we won't have a Mad Monday because the CEO has effectively banned it...fine us for that???? Oh no what will the Tele do when it has nothing to publish ? Probably target some other club where they think they can get a slimy headline and a few photos. At the end of the day if you or I had done what was photographed it would not be front page, heck it would not even exist as a story because we are not high profile footy players.

I hope that the rage continues, I hope that the rage impacts their precious game. Todd is worried about people thinking less of the game, well mate a lot already do and not because of this......( more like my above mentioned issues that they have created themselves.)

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I still blame our club, elliot and fine but $250k is bullshit.

You'd have to be living under a rock not to know that the media have a hard on for us.

We may not be able to ban the media next year but at the very least we should answer any questions from news ltd journalists with a one word answer.

Horny Wog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
If the dogs have copped 250k for bringing the game into disrepute, than the Suttons are up for millions.

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
If the dogs have copped 250k for bringing the game into disrepute, than the Suttons are up for millions.
That's apparently not disrepute because "everyone wants to see brisbane and souths in the finals"

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Does anyone know what Woolford did? He was fined $10000 ($5000 suspended).

Hope it doesn't play a part in him being re-signed or not.
Surely he should not have been there anyway as he has a game to be played this weekend. I read somewhere else too that the Tele got part of their great story wrong when they made the comment that Lachie Lewis was poured into a cab at 7pm...apparently according to his manager he was not even there. Methinks it may have been Montoya but hey don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.......

AND we should all make it a priority if possible to get to Kogarah this weekend to support our ISP and Flegg boys who are still punching away in the finals. Watch for some excellent officiating I am sure....

no1bulldog

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
$250,000 would buy 12.5 road trains of export quality hay (road trains....not B double....fucking road trains)

Mr. Ditkovich

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Surely he should not have been there anyway as he has a game to be played this weekend. I read somewhere else too that the Tele got part of their great story wrong when they made the comment that Lachie Lewis was poured into a cab at 7pm...apparently according to his manager he was not even there. Methinks it may have been Montoya but hey don't let the facts get in the way of a good story.......

AND we should all make it a priority if possible to get to Kogarah this weekend to support our ISP and Flegg boys who are still punching away in the finals. Watch for some excellent officiating I am sure....
Maybe Woolford was re-signed for next year.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
  1. I've barely watched any non Dogs games the second half of the year because I'm fed up with the NRL, but I was quite looking forward to the finals.

After this latest example of witch hunting by the NRL and media, I've had enough. No punishments are handed out while Trent Merrin can be naked on camera, while Cronulla can cheat the cap, while other clubs have drug dealers, drug users with bikies, sex tape makers, players with abortion scandals, players who take families hostage and beat up those trying to help them or players who grope women or abuse women on their rosters and nothing is done about it...

The double standards and inconsistencies are too much to handle and then yet again our club is made an example of when no one did anything wrong because it was in private and not that bad compared to the above indiscretions which all went unpunished...

Greenberg and co are driving people away from the game in droves and I hope they've happy because they've lost me and my missus for this finals series and beyond. I'm sure many others feel the same whether they're dogs supporters or not.

Keep up the good work Greenberg. Before we know it, the comp will be defunct anyway so I hope you have good Superannuation from Politis lining your pockets to look the other way with their salary cap.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
#Greenturd

Our club is a cash cow for the NRL. Every excuse they get to fine us they will.

Fuck the corrupt NRL.

doggieaaron

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
Its a lebanese discount type fine,the $250k is designed to make it look like the nrl has strong leadership then they’ll reduce it to say because the bulldogs have done all appropriate steps blah blah

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So you get 100k for winning the minor premiership but a 250k fine for a mad Monday party?

Seems like a 150k win for the NRL. Man, they must be desperate for money since they've ruined the league and people stopped watching.

Seriously, if the club pays one cent of this ransom money then I'll be furious. Take it to court. Stop rolling over for these thieves and crooks.

Cronulla get nothing and we get 250k? Terrorists have more reasonable demands than Greenberg and the NRL. Why not as for a Helicopter and Private Jet filled with fuel while they're at it?

Reaction score
now they're making it sound like they were getting loose on the street in front of the pub

Last edited:

Kaz

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Remember when other clubs fans were crying about how Greenburg would give us favourable treatment when he was appointed CEO?
It was quite a lot of fans from here as well.

GoTheDoggies

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So Greenturd will hand out fines to which ever club gets stalked by the lying press.

Greenberg is a snake in the grass, he's colluding with the lying press to rake in money from clubs.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I still blame our club, elliot and fine but $250k is bullshit.

You'd have to be living under a rock not to know that the media have a hard on for us.

We may not be able to ban the media next year but at the very least we should answer any questions from news ltd journalists with a one word answer.
TBH..... I believe we deserve to cop every FUCKING cent!!! maybe after that our club, players, management and in particular our fucking coach will ensure we never ever leave our Ass's to bare ever again!! sick of all the fucking misdemeanours over the past 20 years FFS KEEP YOUR ASS'S AND YOUR FUCKING NOSES CLEAN FUCKWHITS:rage::rage:
Can't believe some of the cock heads on this Forum that will not accept that what "THE CLUB" did was simply fucking dumb shit and unacceptable in 2018 moving forward FFS!! school boys would have been smarter given similar circumstances.
Why are we blaming the fucking media? go look in the fucking mirror!!

Status
Not open for further replies.