Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
This is the type of creep that backs the DT.

Complaints by staff led to Melton's dismissal

By Sebastian Hassett
6 March 2012 — 3:00am

SYDNEY FC are now on the search for a new boss as a well as a new coach after the club sacked chief executive Dirk Melton yesterday following complaints by staff members about his conduct, which a club statement described as ''completely unacceptable''.

As revealed in yesterday's Herald, Melton's position had come under increasing scrutiny over the weekend and he did not, as usual, accompany the team to Gosford for Saturday's match against Central Coast Mariners.

"Melton ... did not expand on the accusations of misbehaviour, saying only that he rejected any allegations of mismanagement and was considering his legal options."

Photo: Quentin Jones
The club's board took the decision to temporarily stand down Melton last week while the complaints - submitted in the form of sworn affidavits by multiple employees, said to be three - were investigated. Sydney FC staff were then told to gather at 3pm yesterday at the Sydney Football Stadium where they were informed Melton had been sacked.

The Herald understands that it was not one specific incident that led to Melton's termination but rather several staff found themselves unable to work under his command. It is thought Melton's management style and performance demands put him at odds with several staff, though there is no suggestion Melton's own work played a part in his dismissal.

Sydney released a statement yesterday that indicated the position of Melton, who previously worked at NRL club Canterbury, had become untenable and the club's power

brokers were left with no choice but to remove him from office.

''The unanimous decision of the board follows a number of formal complaints of a serious nature by employees which were investigated and revealed behaviour in Mr Melton's management of staff which was completely unacceptable,'' the statement read.

''The board acknowledges that, during his period as chief executive officer, Mr Melton brought enthusiasm and passion to the role and had set on a path to achieve the strategic long-term goals of the club. However, the board determined that Mr Melton's behaviour towards staff was inconsistent with his obligations and could not be tolerated by the board, and as a consequence the club could not continue with him as chief executive officer.''

Melton quickly issued a lengthy statement through his legal representatives. In it, he outlined in detail his achievements but did not expand on the accusations of misbehaviour, saying only that he rejected any allegations of mismanagement and was considering his legal options.

''It is with a great deal of disappointment and regret that I learnt today from representatives of the board of Sydney FC that my employment as CEO of Sydney FC has been brought to an end,'' he said.

''I am deeply saddened by the board's decisions and wish to apologise to members and fans for not being able to complete my three-year contract. I will not be commenting on the circumstances that have purportedly given rise to the board's decision other than to deny strenuously any allegations that have been made against me suggesting that I have engaged in unacceptable management of staff or any other form of inappropriate behaviour. I believe my excellent relationships with the vast majority of Sydney FC's staff speak for themselves. I am presently considering my legal options.''

The community and game development manager Stefan Kamasz, will assume the position on an interim basis.

Meanwhile, the man who was originally expected to be given the position when it was last advertised, former Socceroo Kimon Taliadoros, says he's ready to take up the reins despite being overlooked last time. ''I've always harboured a desire to contribute to the game and feel now as strongly as I did back then that I've got a lot to offer Sydney FC,'' he told the Herald last night.

'The situation for me is a little bit more complicated right now [Taliadoros has since moved to Melbourne] but my interest in being involved in the game remains as high as ever.

''I feel I've got the skill sets and experience to make a difference and I'd be very interested if Sydney FC were keen to talk to me again.''
To save everyone's time I'll summarise this dribble for you...

Hi, I'm some insignificant shit stain on society. Nobody knows me but I thought I'd throw stones in a glass house.

Blah blah blah

Dribble dribble dribble.

I hope nobody calls me out for the hypocrite piece of shit I am.

The end.

By Dick Melvin

zappa

Punk in Drublic
Reaction score
Wonder if he’ll explain to his kids why Lodge is allowed to play for their new favourite team? I’m not on Twitter, can someone ask the fucktard

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
I guess no NRL players who didnt score a try this year will be nudey runs after this, they will be too scared to.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
We need to setup a gofundme page or something, hire some papzz to go take some photos of these POS news corp people at xmas parties and other stuff coming into summer months & give them some back while they are partying on thinking they are in a private setting. There are plenty of other tabloids that would love to destroy Murdoch.

Heckler

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Fiona. Works at the Telecrap and is a bulldogs supporter.Wow now I’ve heard everything. Sorry not a dogs supporter. Dosent she know her paper ‘can’t handle the truth’ and if she is worried about her kids seeing a bulldogs player in the nude on the front page then she should hand in her resignation because her paper should think of the kids before they published it. So who is irresponsible there
I'm sure the same won't be said when the same paper splashes Mardi Gras photos. That's a celebration!

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Where's that guy that mentions he is a lawyer in every post, forgot his name.

Like to see what he thinks.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
And I've been so nice to him/her/it :cry:
Tachy I bestow upon you an Arabian blessing: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch and may your arms be too short to scratch :grinning:

Dognacious

Kennel Immortal
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Member
NF Draft Champion
Reaction score
But this is ok on National Television with kids watching?
Even the panel think it's ok and funny.View attachment 7186
You wait and watch if the Footy Show dont get all judgemental about it, and give us shit over it, while they have worse behaviour being broadcast to the nation on their own show.

In the case of our player being naked, he wasnt doing it intentionally on camera, they had to work to get the shots.

Are they really going to make a big fuss over players who cant drink all year getting drunk at seasons end, and doing "outrageous" things like sleeping in odd places and 1 guy going nude, not intending to be seen by the general public. He wasnt running down Pitt st lol. And omg being boisterous. Yeh, never seen that at every pub or get together ive ever been to. Their over reaction is obvious to everyone. Now Greenturd doesnt want us to be Australian.

The DoggFather

ASSASSIN
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Tachy I bestow upon you an Arabian blessing: May the fleas of a thousand camels infest your crotch and may your arms be too short to scratch :grinning:
I would of cursed him of following 2 shit teams merged into 1 super shit team, but he is already cursed with that.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
So on my facebook feed, KIIS106.5 stated in their article (posted 4 hours ago) that the club has made no official comment... yet the club has made in fact an official statement on their facebook page (9 hours ago)? media has no clue, wasting everyones time.

justdogs

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Greenturd is not letting the game down Ogre he is totally screwing it. Under his administration Rugby League is dying a slow death.
it's already dead, I can smell it from here

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Just received this email from the Bulldogs and it looks like a roll over is in the offing......a who's who were at the Mad Monday function so a full review should not be a problem.

The Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs would like to make the following statement in regard to the team's end of season get together yesterday :

'In regard to images from the team's get together on Monday, the club accepts that they were unacceptable and a poor reflection on the individuals involved and the club. The players are aware of their responsibilities and the standards required when representing the club and yesterday's behaviour was unacceptable and a bad look for the game.

The club will now work with all relevant stakeholders to gather information and fully review what took place yesterday.

The club is also working closely with the NRL in regard to determining the next steps in this review."

Teddybear

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Never been prouder. The Bulldogs are back lads.
I remember years ago a prominent board member would say if there was ever a premiership given for drinking and getting on the piss the dogs would win it every year !!

Status
Not open for further replies.