Goodbye frawley

Status
Not open for further replies.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Lichaa and Frawley are both inbreds from the same family ....shit for brains both of them.

rainman

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Don’t get me wrong. I’m not crying that Frawley is leaving but let’s be real, he isn’t the worst player around.

We are keeping Lichaa and if he’s keepable so is Frawley on min. Wage.I still remember a year ago the forum was sucking frawleys dick and snowballing his salty semen between each other in a group situation.

The stats doomsdaydawg are telling in the sense he hasn’t been too bad. In my observation Frawley can singlehandedly score a try out of nothing and be great on his day. Not a complete package but a handy backup.

The reason he’s not getting resigned Could actually be more to greed. I don’t know how accurate this is and it could be BS but I heard that he demanded 400 and then 350g a year because he’s a first grade half and the dogs baulked. He also turned down a 200k offer from an English Club (might be Leigh?) for the same reason. I hope he doesn’t price himself out of the market because he should play somewhere. He’s a guy that with the right coach might one day come good.

Penalties can be coached out of a game like Mark said.
Yes but his beard still shits me

Kiwipup

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Knights need forwards.

They can have fualalo and Martin and foran as a sweetener for Pearce

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Frawley closing in on Knights deal
Departing Canterbury playmaker Matt Frawley has confirmed he is on the verge of a move to Newcastle next season.

Frawley was farewelled along with veterans Brett Morris, Josh Morris and Greg Eastwood, which followed the well documented exit of high-profile players Aaron Woods and Moses Mbye left in June.

The 23-year-old played his final NRL game in Bulldogs colours on Sunday after 31 appearances for the club but will feature for the Intrust Super Premiership side until the end of their finals campaign.

"There's a fair few of us dropping back and we're a chance of winning it so not on holidays yet," Frawley told NRL.com.

"I've had so many great memories here and built so many great relationships. For it to come to an end it's a bit of a weird feeling.

"I come up here straight out of 20s and the Dogs gave me an opportunity. I've grown as a player and person."

Newcastle are on the hunt for backup halves following the departure of Jack Cogger to Canterbury and Brock Lamb to the Roosters.

The Knights endured a horrid injury toll in their spine during the 2018 season and despite the thought of favoured halves Mitchell Pearce and Connor Watson ahead of him, Frawley welcomed the opportunity to head to the Hunter.

Former Bulldogs playmaker Matt Frawley is set to join the Knights.©Nathan Hopkins/NRL Photos
"I'm a realist, I know I'll have to work for a spot there," he said.

"I've got no dramas with that, I want to go up there and prove myself again.

"It is an option, the Knights are a club on the way up and I'd love to go there. It's still up in the air to an extent, but confident something will get done in the next week or so.

"They've got some good players in Pearcey, Connor Watson and other good halves. It's an option. I wouldn't say it's done and dusted but if it was to happen I would be excited and it would be a good place for my footy.

"We've had a few discussions but it's still early days."

The future isn't as clear for Eastwood, who remains without a deal beyond this season.

The 31-year-old battled a heart scare over the pre-season and was restricted to 15 appearances in 2018.

"Hopefully I can stay in Australia and play a few more seasons in the NRL," Eastwood said.

"It was hard missing all of pre-season, it's hard to get your body up to speed these days with everything so quick.

"But I thought the end of the year I got back to where I wanted to be and gave it a good crack. Hopefully a club has a look and needs me to fill a spot."

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Departing Canterbury playmaker Matt Frawley has confirmed he is on the verge of a move to Newcastle next season.

Frawley was farewelled along with veterans Brett Morris, Josh Morris and Greg Eastwood, which followed the well documented exit of high-profile players Aaron Woods and Moses Mbye left in June.

The 23-year-old played his final NRL game in Bulldogs colours on Sunday after 31 appearances for the club but will feature for the Intrust Super Premiership side until the end of their finals campaign.

"There's a fair few of us dropping back and we're a chance of winning it so not on holidays yet," Frawley told NRL.com.

"I've had so many great memories here and built so many great relationships. For it to come to an end it's a bit of a weird feeling.

"I come up here straight out of 20s and the Dogs gave me an opportunity. I've grown as a player and person."

Newcastle are on the hunt for backup halves following the departure of Jack Cogger to Canterbury and Brock Lamb to the Roosters.

The Knights endured a horrid injury toll in their spine during the 2018 season and despite the thought of favoured halves Mitchell Pearce and Connor Watson ahead of him, Frawley welcomed the opportunity to head to the Hunter.

Former Bulldogs playmaker Matt Frawley is set to join the Knights.©Nathan Hopkins/NRL Photos

"It is an option, the Knights are a club on the way up and I'd love to go there. It's still up in the air to an extent, but confident something will get done in the next week or so.

"They've got some good players in Pearcey, Connor Watson and other good halves. It's an option. I wouldn't say it's done and dusted but if it was to happen I would be excited and it would be a good place for my footy.

The future isn't as clear for Eastwood, who remains without a deal beyond this season.

The 31-year-old battled a heart scare over the pre-season and was restricted to 15 appearances in 2018.

"Hopefully I can stay in Australia and play a few more seasons in the NRL," Eastwood said.

"It was hard missing all of pre-season, it's hard to get your body up to speed these days with everything so quick.

"But I thought the end of the year I got back to where I wanted to be and gave it a good crack. Hopefully a club has a look and needs me to fill a spot."
Let cogger and lamb go and sign frawley, love the logic there :tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Don't do it knights, let him go to parracrapa

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Good on frawls for getting a spot at newy. He put his body on the line most times for us and played to the best of his ability.
Not someone i think we need in our side moving forward but i hope he does well

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Fuck yeah that's good news for NSW Cup as Frawls will want to be on fire to score himself a new deal.

Hope they stack it and destroy every other side (including the Panthers second time round).

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes but his beard still shits me
He has some good skills. His defence is patchy and his long kicking game needs work. A good backup if you have a settled spine. Looks coachable. Will never be a gamebreaker.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We’ll probably be the only first grade he ever sees in the NRL but good luck to him whatever he does

JayBee

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Not the best player, by far.

But fuc.k me, he had a decent dummy. Sells it beautifully

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score

Poor Tigers must have missed out on their man

Status
Not open for further replies.