Reaction score
Lewis and Cogger in the halves

Lichaa, Foran & Brown to ISP

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
You can't move Hoppa from fullback with how well he's playing there. Has Meaney got enough toe for the wing?

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
You can't move Hoppa from fullback with how well he's playing there. Has Meaney got enough toe for the wing?
Yes you can. His lack of acceleration is a massive issue at fullback, he simply can't get on the outside of a player or accelerate into the space available. Yes he has some silky skills and good footy sense, but we need some pace out the back.

As soon as Meaney or any other player with better acceleration and agility can do what is required from them then it's straight into fullback for him.

stinkypinky

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Pay didnt buy them to massage his feet bud....... of course hes going to fucking play them. I reckon yez are judging them 2 hard. Im not sure exactly how u learn to play first grade in reserve grade. Im not sure why where even got a thread about this 6 months away before next season starts and again after pay has showed us the direction he is trying to take, and where already upset with him because of something that is obviosly going to happen..... and where whinging already.... give it... and dean a break boys. Anyone thinking or hoping he wont give the 2 new recruits a run at some stage is highly fucking dellusional.
Mate is anyone here giving pay shit ????? It’s just an opinion to be honest I think Frawley is better than both of them cheers

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
They are both good young players. They'll get a go if they deserve it and I'm sure they will next year at some stage.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
If Meaney does well in the pre season, he should be given first dibs at fullback. Hoppa is playing well, but hes just to slow. He cant beat a man.
His defence is suspect, and he is quite often out of position. I know he has good hands, but that seems to be his best attribute.

PoundHounds

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Lewis and Cogger in the halves

Lichaa, Foran & Brown to ISP
Lewis will be targeted much more next year....can't see both rookies starting, at least first up.
Lewis and Foran and if Foran stays fit it'll stay that way.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Let's just see how they go at a good club at least... damn

Burgler

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
We will only be able to judge cogger fairly after
1.has trained a full pre season with us
2. Strung 5-10 games together playing the same pos in the same role.
3. Has a stable spin to work with.

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
No -one knows how they will go. They earn a spot than I have no problems with them running around. Good luck to them all.

Roll the Bones

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Too early to call. Let them at least have a pre-season with us.

Bob dog

Hectik defence
Premium Member
Reaction score
No -one knows how they will go. They earn a spot than I have no problems with them running around. Good luck to them all.
They need more games to see if they will be any good, Meany has a fumble under pressure that should get better, can't see him replacing Hoppa just yet.

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Hoppa fb foran lewis havles. meaney cooger nsw cup. Holland gets one centre spot we need another centre hopefully manu.
Any has resigned till end of 2020 he just fit under the salary cap sombrero

COVENS

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Yes you can. His lack of acceleration is a massive issue at fullback, he simply can't get on the outside of a player or accelerate into the space available. Yes he has some silky skills and good footy sense, but we need some pace out the back.

As soon as Meaney or any other player with better acceleration and agility can do what is required from them then it's straight into fullback for him.
I meant to add, at the moment. If a better option crops up - sure, but the job is Hoppa's until Meaney can offer more.

Longtimedog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
They need more games to see if they will be any good, Meany has a fumble under pressure that should get better, can't see him replacing Hoppa just yet.
Meaney
Reasonable goal kicker
Plays more like a five eight in attack
Does have a short kicking game
Good pass
Reasonable speed
Can catch a high ball
Follows play well
But shys away from contact
Needs a lot of work in defensive contact
Doesn’t like doing any hit ups at all
Needs at least 5kg and do some hit ups and may be ok
Only young and still growing
A long way short of solving our fullback problems
Does show potential though
In Dean I trust
At this point in time Hoppa and Foran still better options

HaceDog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
What is with the Foran hate? He was good the first few games. At 60% fitness Foran is better than Cogger.
I understand he is being over payed but that doesn't take away from the fact that he can play a little.

DoggiesBoy

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Let's wait until they have at-least put on a bulldogs jersey before we bag em.

Status
Not open for further replies.