Marshall-King at centre

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
He’s suited to a utility role, but we have no space for one.
Assuming we have two props on the bench, one edge forward and a relief hooker, we have no space for a utility. Jacko and Martin will have to fill that role.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In the Telly today they were talking about him being hooker...

EB18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
We have enough centres and wingers to get us by without having to try and move JMK there but I'd like us to make a marquee centre signing that can break a game open (Preferably Manu).

Smith, Hopoate, Holland, Montoya, Crichton, Olive, Harper, Bergamin and Carr are our current options for next season but other then maybe Smith we don't have an above average player that can break a game open and win us games.

What I'd want to see is:
1. Meaney
2. Harper
3. Hopoate
4. Holland
5. Smith
Meaney isnt nrl material

Packy

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Centre is demanding defence wise. JMK can tackle ok but he would be found out terrible at centre with decision making

Haslerhasworms

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I don’t think it’s worth trying to make him fit into a position he’s unsuitable for at the expense of another youngster.

22 isn’t too young to gauge his potential physical ability.

NSW Cup depth until he can prove he’s up to first grade IMO.
Well said.
Not a first grader yet but either was Holland or Montoya this time last year.
I hope he, like Dutchy, can improve from the experience and off season next year but not in the centres

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Man I backed him earlier in the year. But unfortunately he’s just a waste of space in the top 17. We need an 80 minute hooker(but not Lichaa) and two props and two backrowers on the bench

Dogtime

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Reaction score
Yeah fair point, but at only 22y/o he could potentially add some size to his frame and play out there. It's a bit 'what if', but I'm not sure where else he would be able to play for the foreseeable future.
Its a bit like our experience with Mbye...where to play him?..as he doesnt do anything particularly well. Maybe as a general utility? Hes young he can hone his skills in reserves. He had a walk up start in FG this year and apart from a couple of flashes didnt wasnt adept at anything really. Like Meaney and Cogger, JMK is not FG standard yet. At least hes cheap.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Man I backed him earlier in the year. But unfortunately he’s just a waste of space in the top 17. We need an 80 minute hooker(but not Lichaa) and two props and two backrowers on the bench
2 backrowers? Umm why?

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
2 backrowers? Umm why?
Ideal would be 2 props, 1 backrower and 1 utility. But I don’t like our utility stocks. JMK is a waste of space. So I’ve gone with an extra backrower who can be used in the back line if injuries during the game did occur. Both Jacko and CHN would be able to fill in at centre if needed. Get an 80 min hooker and have 4 forwards on the bench for more grunt.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Ideal would be 2 props, 1 backrower and 1 utility. But I don’t like our utility stocks. JMK is a waste of space. So I’ve gone with an extra backrower who can be used in the back line if injuries during the game did occur. Both Jacko and CHN would be able to fill in at centre if needed. Get an 80 min hooker and have 4 forwards on the bench for more grunt.
I'd rather just throw a back on the bench tbh. 3 forwards should be enough to work with and a back going down injured usually brings up a few issues.

Ant2611

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I dont understand why they are trying to create a hooker. We have a ready made hooker in Woolford.
With a proper pre-season there, he will slot right in. But, they have to resign him first.
He cant tackle in isp howd ya think he would go tackling tolmalolo

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Imo lichaa is easily the best 9 at our club, in saying that I'm not giving him a rap. Api and seg are both off contract, I can't believe we're not going hard for one of these two, either would make a massive difference to our middle attack. We've got a great pack but one of those blokes would add the spark we need.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
JMK will probably end up at hooker.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Centre is demanding defence wise. JMK can tackle ok but he would be found out terrible at centre with decision making
Agree. I would like to see CHN trained in the pre season as a centre. He can run the ball, he can tackle, and is probably a bit small for an effective forward. He is a real goer though.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Well ill be fucked...........lol....look at us all agreeing and speaking nicely to each other lol. I the same...a good isp player.......at the tigers. Be a handy fill in just cause he can tackle over next 2 years. Physically i think hes gonna fall short in attack to play centre. We already got one pigeon chest in the cetres (holland). Thats enough.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Well ill be fucked...........lol....look at us all agreeing and speaking nicely to each other lol. I the same...a good isp player.......at the tigers. Be a handy fill in just cause he can tackle over next 2 years. Physically i think hes gonna fall short in attack to play centre. We already got one pigeon chest in the cetres (holland). Thats enough.
We should meet up for a beer and a yarn lol

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think the same thing was said about Andrew Farrer and Chris Mortimer.

Status
Not open for further replies.