Bulldogs sign Corey Harawira-neara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yes, that rumour has legs.
We've done all we can, it's up to the roosters to release him. He's under contract with them, it will be hard to get him but nothing is impossible.
Put it this way, they can't keep everyone.
There's rumours Taupau will link with roosters(not from my source by the way & who knows if this is true or not), but if that's the case someone will need to be squeezed out.

I really hope that all these players that we are chasing on current contracts and the ones we've bought like CHN who was under contract as well with the panthers are good business deals.
What I mean is I really hope their clubs are paying part of their contracts. If the dogs are doing that then we are on the road to negating the contracts that we're still paying for the players we released.

I think you will find our new board is probably one of the most smartest we've ever had. We got a really good balance on our board.

Chris Anderson - He's got Bullfrogs knowledge and wisdom
Lynn Anderson - Ditto
Paul Dunn - well you can't have everyone as a straighty 180...lol
Steve Price - Bulldogs legend and scouting all over queensland for us.
Turvey - Bulldogs legend, will never make a decision agaisnt the clubs best interest, always puts the club first
Ballesty - Former Leagues club General manager who ran the leagues club like a well oiled machine and one of the key figures in helping the Leagues club avoid insolvency back in the early 80's.
John Khoury - Heavily involved in creating a great junior base for the club and a gentlemen who bleeds blue and white. Great businessman.
We've gone from having businessman run the club to people with a strong background in football and decades of experience of building a good club. Hopefully the future is going to have us all needing sunnies.

Scorpio

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Not sure if its been mentioned in other threads, but did he ask Panthers for a release?

I thought he had 2 or 3 years left on his new contract with Penrith and rival clubs are not allowed to approach players with that long left on their contracts.

Why would the release him? Or why would he ask for a release? Are Penrtith paying any part of his contract next year and the year after?

dekepefc

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
It may be in the news from multiple sources but the signing isn't official until the club announces it, which they haven't, nor the Panthers. Next week.

The Dominator

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Damn fine signing. Gotta say i'm really starting to feel good about our future. The direction is all good.

D- voice

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fine is going, Eastwood is going, but we have surplus up front.

Unless he's bought to play centre??

AucklandDog: It's not officially announced by the club, as such it's technically still a rumour.
Here are the possibilities
1 we are offloading Tolman
2 RFM will play prop
3 CHN will play center

BELMORE

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Yes to Joey Manu. Hopefully if rorters get Tapau then they can release Manu to us

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
So where has the cant sign anyone til 2021 gone?
Club was telling fibs, don't think things were ever as bad as they were made out to be.

JUNKYARD DOGS

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Club was telling fibs, don't think things were ever as bad as they were made out to be.
Was hoping that was the case back when this shit was going around, worked a treat. Be keen to know who the second player is then, scrolling through Manu would be huge for us on top of what we have.

April fools mate didn’t you get the club email?
Dammit, got me again the fkrs!! Haha

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I trust our club in buying this player,just wondering what part Chris Smith will play next year and beyond
Personally think he has a good future ahead of him
The 4 year contract for CHN took me by surprise to be totally honest.
Pay must think very highly of this guy,might be to cover toleman in the near future
Not soon enough lol

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think CHN would be great at centre. Hes a big guy, tackles well, and can break the line.
If he goes to the back row, probably means Meaney goes to fullback and Hoppa goes to centre. Surely there are better options for centre.

Phalangist

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
To be fair nabbing a Kiwi jersey these days not a massive accomplishment particularly when players are turning them down for Tonga and or Samoa

I’m a RFM fan but he’s probably starting 2019 on the bench

There is no problem with that

We need a strong bench

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
I wonder.... could Chris Smith play centre?

He's certainly got the pace and footwork for it.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
I wonder.... could Chris Smith play centre?

He's certainly got the pace and footwork for it.
Used to play in the centres years ago, wouldn't play him there now. CHN looks the more likely at centre but even then i'm unsure if i'd want him there as anything more than cover.

Status
Not open for further replies.