Status
Not open for further replies.

The DoggFather

OG DF
Premium Member
Gilded
Site's Top Poster
Reaction score
Elliott's been one of our better players over this 4/5 run. He's working hard and giving it 100% every week. Love watching him, what he lacks in skill he more than makes up for with his workhorse mentality and his heart.
I couldn't stand him before, but credit when credit is due, he has improved 200%. Hope he keeps it up and improves even more.

finchie

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
A meh signing from me
Has feet for hands
Poor discipline on the field
And a shirt grabber in defence

Pros
Can hit a hole and has good footwork

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Don’t see the hype in RFM tbh. He’s good when on. But still drops the ball a lot and fitness. Would much rather him come off the bench.
What's wrong with his fitness? He was getting through as much and even more work than Jackson at times, even made sime great 1 on 1 tackles. CHN is hardly this consistent well rounded player that some people think we're getting. Probably more undisciplined than most in our squad atm.

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Lol, all seriousness what are we doing and why are we signing so many second rowers when our CTW and Hooker stocks are so low? How are we going to rotate Jacko, Martin, RFM, Elliott, Corey Harawira-Naera and Sauaso Sue? All of those blokes can play 60 minutes and there’s five of them between two positions. I could see Jacko or Elliott playing lock, but still seems a little strange. 4 year deal is a massive commitment too for CHN, and I doubt he’s the answer in the centers. Thoughts? If we don’t sign Segeyaro, I hope Woolford gets a crack.
Mate Suasso Sue has played his entire career with the Tigers wearing the number 8 as a prop forward I don’t know where you are getting your information from including him as a second rower??? CHN is a great signing he is a gun backrower yes, however, Pay will no doubt be using him as a centre, not sure how many gmaes you’ve watched of Penrith when he was filling in at centre but the guy carves up there and we wouldn’t have payed mega $$$ for him, $400-$500’000 tops... Oh and to all the whingers saying RFM is a dud, the guy is a gun too, makes heaps of tackles, hits the line hard, offloads at will and runs great lines and gaps what more could you ask from a top second rower? I know we need a gun hooker and centre but who’s to say we aint got those signings done just waiting for the finals to finish so we can announce them. In all honesty I’m more excited about next year than I was this season!

Pity Fool

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
To be honest I’m absolutely jizzing at the thought of this backrow

11. Rhyse Martin
12. RFM
13. Josh Jackson

and CHN in the centres...

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
CHN dropped off the bench for Panthers. They are concentrating on Kaide Ellis and Kikau moving forwards.

I reckon CHN is a direct replacement for Priest and Fine.

Last edited:

Moey

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Des hasler dream team for dogs

1. Forward
2. Forward
3. Forward
4. Forward
5. Forward
6. Forward
7. Forward
13. Forward
12. Forward
11. Forward
10. Forward
9. Forward
8. Forward

Dean pays dream team

1. Forward
2. Forward
3. Forward
4. Forward
5. Forward
6. Forward
7. Forward
13. Forward
12. Forward
11. Forward
10. Forward
9. Forward
8. Forward

jamma01

Kennel Established
Reaction score
CHN dropped off the bench for Panthers. They are concentrating on Kaide Ellis and Kikau moving forwards.

I reckon CHN is a direct replacement for Priest and Fine.
He is out with concussion not dropped

Alex Hunter

Dog4Life
Reaction score
I don’t have a problem with it. The pressure’s on! Those who don’t perform will be moved on. If what they consider to be a top line or potential top line 2nd rower becomes available he should be signed then move on who isn’t performing. What I do hate, which is something we’ve done too much of over the years is buy average players simply as backups. Clay Priest comes to mind...

Haddaway

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Poor discipline and bad hands. Not great on defense yet. Still better than Martin and RFM.

Also with Martin he isn't that good of a second rower. The best thing about him is he doesn't miss kicks lol.

B-Train

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
So many teams dont have as many traditional style props and play with multiple second rowers for long spells. Especially with the interchange being reduced further.

Most sports are becoming more positionless so all of our best forwards will get good minutes.

Snowmann

Party Rocker
Reaction score
Sue and Elliot will play in the middle, and maybe even Jackson.

Elliot shouldn’t make first grade with these new signings
Really? You’re really going back there with the last narrative? Even I’ve thought Elliott’s had a great back half of the season.

zac hollywood

Waterboy
Reaction score
Penrith happy to let this bloke go, shawn blore has been upgraded at the panthers they see him as every bit as good as young fifita at broncs, blore is 18, played isp a couple weeks ago, opposition couldn't tackle him, think he captained a nsw junir rep side this year, panthers see him as much better long term back row prospect.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Hopefully that's the last forward we will have to sign for now.

cookieman909

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
What's wrong with his fitness? He was getting through as much and even more work than Jackson at times, even made sime great 1 on 1 tackles. CHN is hardly this consistent well rounded player that some people think we're getting. Probably more undisciplined than most in our squad atm.
Few games this year he was blowing hard at the end of games. He will get use to it over time. I just don’t see the hype over him. Can’t comment on CHN as don’t watch many panthers games. You’d think if he was that good panthers wouldn’t of released him. Time will tell.

JoeyG

Waterboy
Reaction score
Yep too many 2nd rowers.

I honestly don’t think dean has plans to buy moz replacements. I reckon dean will just put crichton on the wing and pair him with marcelo. Hoppa will start at fb. Meaney will start in cup.
I think Pay will play Corey Harawira-Naera in the centre position.
I believe he’s played centre most of his junior career.
We need a big hard running centre.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Few games this year he was blowing hard at the end of games. He will get use to it over time. I just don’t see the hype over him. Can’t comment on CHN as don’t watch many panthers games. You’d think if he was that good panthers wouldn’t of released him. Time will tell.
Most our team was doing the same at that stage tbf, he was also playing the full 80 for the first time in ages. Penrith don't need him, they have better backrowers already and have some good young forwarda coming through.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Sue and Elliot will play in the middle, and maybe even Jackson.

Elliot shouldn’t make first grade with these new signings
Elliot has been great. I’ll be very surprised if he isn’t in the 17 next year. Will probably start at lock.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Elliott's been one of our better players over this 4/5 run. He's working hard and giving it 100% every week. Love watching him, what he lacks in skill he more than makes up for with his workhorse mentality and his heart.
He’s been awesome. Don’t know what some people are watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.