Bulldogs sign Corey Harawira-neara

Status
Not open for further replies.

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Could this mean we are potentially losing one of our forwards for any reason? We have Klemmer, Tolman, Jackson, Elliot, Martin, RFM, CHN, Fualalo, Ogden, Sue, To'omaga, Smith all wanting to play first grade, thats 12 players for 9 positions and if Pay decides he wants a utility on the bench then 4 of them will miss out.
Yeah too isp......... they better go hard if they want to play first grade. Go the dogs

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
I forgot about Chris Smith fk man we stacked in the pack

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Fine is going, Eastwood is going, but we have surplus up front.

Unless he's bought to play centre??

AucklandDog: It's not officially announced by the club, as such it's technically still a rumour.
So if Thomas Bach announced that Sydney was to host the 2032 Olympics it would only be a rumour until Scott Morrison announces it?

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Any mail on Seggy

Surely the club are looking at a hooker

Lichaa is not, will never be the answer
Foran was our weakest link but we have Cogger who will be replacing him in the starting 17. Time will tell if Cogger will be a genuine answer at 7 but he is ahead of Foran anyways.

I agree Lichaa is definitely our weakest link now

Kempsey Dog

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
SC Top Scorer
Tipping Champion
Reaction score
Rfm is gooooone or martin. They will be playing for spots no wonder martin was only sighned for one year. If it was me elliot would still be on trial in my books.
If interchange gets reduced, elliot could well serve as a bench front rower tbh, he isn't the biggest, but he runs hard and puts his body on the line.

Interestingg

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Top signing. Runs great lines and has mongrel. Him and Jackson are the only certainties in the back row. Will be a shitfight between rfm, martin, Eliott and to a lesser extent Chris smith to make up the other spots

XR6T

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fine is going, Eastwood is going, but we have surplus up front.

Unless he's bought to play centre??

AucklandDog: It's not officially announced by the club, as such it's technically still a rumour.
That could be another month if you're waiting on a club announcement....damn, he might even start training in pre-season before they realise they haven't announced it yet.
Gotta keep up with the times Mr I.... :tonguewink:

Nexus

Super Duper Ultimate Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
DEAN Pay has continued an impressive roster rebuild of the Bulldogs by signing rising Penrith star Corey Harawira-Naera.

The 23-year-old Panthers backrower will depart the foot of the mountains after signing a four-year deal with Canterbury and securing an early release from Penrith with a year remaining on his contract

Earmarked by Kiwis coach Michael Maguire as a future New Zealand international, Harawira-Naera will bolster a Dogs pack which in 2019 will include representative forwards David Klemmer, Josh Jackson and Raymond Faitala

Harawira-Naera’s signing continues Pay’s promising rebuild of the club in the wake of major salary cap restrictions and the mid-year departure’s of Aaron Woods and Moses Mbye.

The Dogs will also welcome Jack Cogger (Knights), Sausao Sue (Tigers), Christian Chrichton (Panthers), Nick Meaney (Knights) and Chris Smith (Roosters) in 2019.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Elliott seemed to have got a lot bigger and stronger this year. Maybe he has been earmarked to play anywhere in the forwards off the bench or to be moved into the front row.
He already plays across the forward pack but i'd much rather have a stronger metre eating option at prop for us.

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Foran was our weakest link but we have Cogger who will be replacing him in the starting 17. Time will tell if Cogger will be a genuine answer at 7 but he is ahead of Foran anyways.

I agree Lichaa is definitely our weakest link now
Foran was killing it at the beginning of the year until there was no support for him in the halves. If he comes back healthy and partners alongside Lewis.. I expect that combination to be a massive threat. IMO, I don't think Cogger is ready yet from the games I've seen him play, but to be fair I've only watched about three-four games of his. Hopefully he does well next year either in ISP of first grade, depending on what happens.

Scoooby

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Slowly shaping up to be a pretty damn exciting 2019 alright, we were patient as fans this year an we all hung in there an now it seems we are getting rewarded, the rebuild is coming Along well an pay is starting to get names an making his own squad..

Loving it.!!!

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He has played there before, but honestly i have no idea how we're going to fit Jackson, Martin, RFM, Elliott and CHN into the same backrow lol.
But it's a great position to be in having depth and all fighting for positions.

AucklandDog

Kennel Established
Reaction score
Foran was killing it at the beginning of the year until there was no support for him in the halves. If he comes back healthy and partners alongside Lewis.. I expect that combination to be a massive threat. IMO, I don't think Cogger is ready yet from the games I've seen him play, but to be fair I've only watched about three-four games of his. Hopefully he does well next year either in ISP of first grade, depending on what happens.
Only thing he was killing was our right side defence and attack. Our defence was leaking like a sieve because of his lack of mobility and speed, while in attack he did sweet fuck all on the wing while coming in on the last to put up those putrid chip kicks. Mbye was our only threat in attack and now Lewis is our only threat in attack.

The only thing a combo of Lewis and Foran will do is hold back the further development of Lewis

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
"Killing it" LOL. Must have low standards. Foran looked okay for the first 3 games or so until injury set in and he fell apart like was expected. He's done.

Status
Not open for further replies.