Effort

Status
Not open for further replies.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
For a team who up until the final rounds was in spoon contention, I say it without bias that I think we have been one of the top teams as far as effort is concerned this season, and I could not be more proud of the boys. Admittedly I was critical of Pay for much of the year, but he's clearly somebody the boys want to turn up for, and with the addition of Lewis & co there is evidence to suggest that the turn around is happening sooner than many predicted, I've even had fans of other teams suggest to me that the Dogs could be the surpise packet next year.

Grunthos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
For a team who up until the final rounds was in spoon contention, I say it without bias that I think we have been one of the top teams as far as effort is concerned this season, and I could not be more proud of the boys. Admittedly I was critical of Pay for much of the year, but he's clearly somebody the boys want to turn up for, and with the addition of Lewis & co we there is evidence to suggest that the turn around is happening sooner than many predicted, I've even had fans of other teams suggest to me that the Dogs could be the surpise packet next year.
100% with you, and the team really seemed to turn around once woods left...

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
100% with you, and the team really seemed to turn around once woods left...
I would have said Moses, but it was the addition of a legit half in lewis that was one of the missing pieces of the puzzle... I mean any team without at least one good half will struggle

Punchbowl Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if Lewis is rookie of the year, lots of different pieces to our improvement this year but the influence of LL is the final piece. Even though, with his humility he admits he's got a lot to improve on, his immediate impact including kicking and game management, composure etc has lifted the spirits of all us fans and I'm sure his team mates. He reminds me a lot if my avatar, not the quickest bloke (we don't really know yet?) but quick between the ears with a born footy brain.

Malla

Reaction score
I would have said Moses, but it was the addition of a legit half in lewis that was one of the missing pieces of the puzzle... I mean any team without at least one good half will struggle
I think Moses was a cancer to the team tbh... he was all about him and didnt really care much for the team culture.

Malla

Reaction score
Wouldn't surprise me if Lewis is rookie of the year, lots of different pieces to our improvement this year but the influence of LL is the final piece. Even though, with his humility he admits he's got a lot to improve on, his immediate impact including kicking and game management, composure etc has lifted the spirits of all us fans and I'm sure his team mates. He reminds me a lot if my avatar, not the quickest bloke (we don't really know yet?) but quick between the ears with a born footy brain.
This weekend he had forced 4 drop outs off his kicks alone.... i cant remember the last time we had a season with that many forced drop outs lol

LG

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
i don't think its really fair to blame either mbye or woods

i think aside from that titans debacle, the effort was their most weeks before they left aswell. i think its more that young guys have come in chancing their arm, plauing a fresh brand of footy and that has helped some of the other guys enjoy their footy aswell, the effort is being rewarded and with that confidence is pretty high in the roster atm

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
This weekend he had forced 4 drop outs off his kicks alone.... i cant remember the last time we had a season with that many forced drop outs lol
The game is based so much on momentum now that it's imperative that you have at least one player in your team who can mount pressure with the boot.. and if it's not a repeat set, the kick placement often has them coming out of a corner.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
i don't think its really fair to blame either mbye or woods

i think aside from that titans debacle, the effort was their most weeks before they left aswell. i think its more that young guys have come in chancing their arm, plauing a fresh brand of footy and that has helped some of the other guys enjoy their footy aswell, the effort is being rewarded and with that confidence is pretty high in the roster atm

Honestly I wasn't that fussed about Woods staying or leaving, bar his stupid errors... other than that, he was doing his job.. Moses stifled our attack though, and the fact we were constantly rotating our spine trying to find him a position did us no favors in regards to getting any consistency; I don't think we could have moved forward till we got rid of him

Typical dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Honestly I wasn't that fussed about Woods staying or leaving, bar his stupid errors... other than that, he was doing his job.. Moses stifled our attack though, and the fact we were constantly rotating our spine trying to find him a position did us no favors in regards to getting any consistency; I don't think we could have moved forward till we got rid of him
How long did Moses have to sort his kicking game out? The guy played halfback for a couple of years and couldnt cut the mustard.
A kid named Lewis strolls in and gets it done in a week.
You can't pocket close to 1mil a year and have a young fella show you up in his debut

c-b-b

Kennel Addict
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Proud of the effort in the last few months, it looks like we turned the corner.

I couldn't say the effort was there consistently all season but I have hope 2019 will be a good year.

Bull Terrier

Kennel Enthusiast
Premium Member
Gilded
Reaction score
Agree with you 100%, Lewis is the big difference for sure. whats most exiting is the improvement we will see in Lewis next year. This year was so bad for us but the way it’s finishing is great for next year. We will have a new team full of players with enthusiasm, energy and passion for our jumper. We actually have that now. Big difference from the money boys the club got rid off.

Qld-Dog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think Moses was a cancer to the team tbh... he was all about him and didnt really care much for the team culture.
At last....someone else who has realised what I have realised for the past 2 years!! the prick was and still is a pretender!!

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Interesting comment.
After the St George game I thought would Smith have his 1st & 3rd try if Mybe was playing fullback and thought almost certainly not.
Mybe would run and could beat a tackle but wasn't great with the try assists.

Status
Not open for further replies.