Adam Elliot - Respect

Status
Not open for further replies.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Part of the reason was because Hasler didn't allow skill or even develop the skill of the modern day player, into his players.
Basically they were shackled.

We are now seeing the qualities not just in Elliot but a lot of players begin to shine.

Malla

Reaction score
Top game today. Hit hard in defence, did all the dirty work and felt like he was in everything today.

Got to admit I didn't rate him last season but has grown on me a lot this season, was copping unfair criticism this year too but hopefully he has won everyone over. Should make that 13 his own.

Trafford10

Kennel Addict
Gilded
Reaction score
Top game today. Hit hard in defence, did all the dirty work and felt like he was in everything today.

Got to admit I didn't rate him last season but has grown on me a lot this season, was copping unfair criticism this year too but hopefully he has won everyone over. Should make that 13 his own.
I was giving it to him big time earlier in the season but great game today!! Has turned his season around!

Downtowndog

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
He hasn't been "great this year"
The first half of the season he was pathetic
Improved but still far to few meters for a starting lock in the NRL.
Elliott hasnt been great this year. He has been fucken fantastic.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Bit quiet last year but he's proving quite the beast in the last few months

Kratos

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
It's amazing how good you can be when your coach only expects you to play the role of your position and not 2+ positions combined

Bulldog_4_Life

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He started off the season slowly but he has really picked it up lately. He seems to be playing a more simplified game, he isn't a player thats going to make 100m every game, but if he can run lines and hit holes and most importantly defend well then that's all we need from him.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
When one of your mates that is a league nut (unfortunately Warriors fan) messages you ‘that number 13 with the Afro...Origin player in a few years’

habs

xdf
Staff member
Administrator
Gilded
Reaction score
Needs a bit more size. Still unconvinced.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
When one of your mates that is a league nut (unfortunately Warriors fan) messages you ‘that number 13 with the Afro...Origin player in a few years’
Wouldn’t surprise me, tbh. He plays hard and with a few more seasons under his belt, may well be in the mix.

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he has a passing game, thinks and can smash it up the middle. Could be that ball playing lock we have been waiting for.

hopefully another full off season with a bit more confidence and a few more kgs in the right places and should see more improvement out of him next year.

Sword

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He seems to have bought in to that Jackson/Pay grit culture. A couple more like them will make us hard to beat.

Malla

Reaction score
He seems to have bought in to that Jackson/Pay grit culture. A couple more like them will make us hard to beat.
I agree with that. People saying he should be more productive with the ball but we don't need a ball playing lock. The top teams in the comp have a lock that hits hard in defence, makes his tackles and takes the shit hit ups nobody wants to. Every team needs one. He should just develop what he is doing now, no need to try and get him playing a way he isn't comfortable doing.

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
The move to stop the kickoff going out on the weekend and costing us possession was all class!

Status
Not open for further replies.