Is Martin the best kicker in the NRL era?

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Lol no, hasn't even kicked for an entire season yet. He kicked well in ISP but he was never kicking THIS well so it's possible he's just on a really good run atm. His technique is very good but until he kicks more goals it's hard to call him this or that lol.

Spoonman84

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
He’s had just over 30 kicks in total....Hazem is number one with a bullet.

Dingo

Go the dogs
Gilded
Reaction score
He is a great kicker but let's talk about this if his record still holds after 300 goals.

Having a sharp shooter like Martin is a massive advantage.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
He is an 80% kicker. So it will average out eventually. But he has been in impressive form. 1 miss all season (all be it only been kicking lately). I think Maloney had 5 misses one year, or was that Gordon. Either way best we had since hokko by a country mile. Might even be better then Trent if he keeps this up.

boggie23

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Just read the article. Way to jinx him lol :p 2/5 this week :tearsofjoy:

Looking at the list aswell the best current kickers on the list are Reynolds and sezar. And best ever no doubt is hazem. Reynolds is a machine and is not too far away. You’d think the longer he kicks his % might dip a little.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Just read the article. Way to jinx him lol :p 2/5 this week :tearsofjoy:

Looking at the list aswell the best current kickers on the list are Reynolds and sezar. And best ever no doubt is hazem. Reynolds is a machine and is not too far away. You’d think the longer he kicks his % might dip a little.
Yh if he misses any this week we know who to blame lol.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Could be if he keeps going that way. That bend last week made me tingle.

_G-Dog_

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cant be best ever after 30kicks..

Hes looking good though, needs to keep working at it and at his general game to ensure hes in our starting 13

GrogDog

bad attitude
Reaction score
Yeah it takes a career for this stuff however it is nice that we have an article about us in a positive light.

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
he's the best goal kicker in the last 10 weeks which is a massive turn around from where we've been. About time we had the best goal kicker again

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
He's been a revelation that's for sure... you've gotta have a good kicker in your team these days... definitely going to be in the high 80s ova the next few seasons

dogbone

Kennel Established
Reaction score
I saw the stats. Maloney's strike rate was a real surprise.

dogluva

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Bit too soon to say so but wow he oozes confidence every single time he takes a shot at goal. Lot to like about him and I hope he can replicate his form next year and that if it is warranted we can sign him to a bit longer deal.

Interesting that he played lower grades for Roosters in 2011-13,in fact captaining them in 2013, then joined the seniors the following year but could not get out of their feeder team Newtown. Makes me sick to think of seeing him in that jersey.

Alan79

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
He hasn't matched Hazems longest streak of consecutive kicks yet, so while 97% is a nice looking percentage it could still be classed as just having a great run. At some stage his form is likely to dip. He's been in great form both goal kicking and in general play though. If his kicking can stay above the 90% mark over the course of 100 kicks we can start talking about him being the best ever then. But given that in the lower grades his strike rate was around 80%, he's still among the top goal kickers running around right now.

Baby Blues

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
He hasn't matched Hazems longest streak of consecutive kicks yet, so while 97% is a nice looking percentage it could still be classed as just having a great run. At some stage his form is likely to dip. He's been in great form both goal kicking and in general play though. If his kicking can stay above the 90% mark over the course of 100 kicks we can start talking about him being the best ever then. But given that in the lower grades his strike rate was around 80%, he's still among the top goal kickers running around right now.
I think if you include his kicks for PNG and NSW Cup his record is crazy. To be mentioned in the same breath as kickers like Thurston, El Masri and Halligan you need to be consistent over a number of seasons. It makes me sick thinking we had Mbye as our kicker for so long when Martin was available.

Last edited:

Raysie

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I think if you include his kicks for PNG and NSW Cup his record is crazy. To be mentioned in the same breath as kickers like Thurston, El Masri and Hslkigsn you need to be consistent over a number of seasons. It makes me sick thinking we had Mbye as our kicker for so long when Martin was available.
It makes me sick thinking we had Mbye.

Trendsetter

Kennel Enthusiast
Gilded
Reaction score
Has anyone ever kicked in the 90% over a span of, let's say, 3+ seasons or so?

Status
Not open for further replies.