Fualalo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlasnik

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
No he didn't.. He couldn't play him because he wasnt initially in the top 30. He threw him straight in as soon as he got rid of Mbye. He didn't have too because he had Brown who could have filled in.

The club screwed up before the season started but can't really blame them considering it was a whole new outfit that took charge.
Chalk and cheese my friend, standing on the outside looking in it seems Pay doesn't like Brown and following my gut feeling I feel as though Pay's hand was forced re Lewis. Some people are born under a lucky star.

KiwiDog7

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Fkn misleading lol

Cares

All about FG games

CaptainJackson

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Solid bench player, I don't get the go with everyone saying he has too many errors in his game, surely this isn't the case? Anyone got the stats as I don't remember that many errors from him

Mr Invisible

Banned
Reaction score
Wait till u meet kalache.. Reminds me plenty of the Ogre.
Kalache has struggled to cement himself into NSW Cup this year, playing only 2 games off the bench for like 30 minutes combined game time.

Not sure what the go is there. Same with Dalton Smith and Zac Saddler. Keep bouncing between grades/RMC/Shield.

Howard Moon

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Solid bench player, I don't get the go with everyone saying he has too many errors in his game, surely this isn't the case? Anyone got the stats as I don't remember that many errors from him

he used to be good for at least one bad error a game but seems to have better discipline now thank God.

Novdoggie

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think his mobility has improved and looks fitter. He can actually move for a big fella but he needs to show a little bit more diversity in his runs instead of just straight hit ups. An offload would benefit.

speedy2460

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fualolo is the third best prop in the club after Klemmer and Tolman. He will be a permanent part of the FG side for a while.
I have seen big improvement in his last few games. That comes from being given proper coaching.

diddly

Kennel Enthusiast
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
Someone here wrote last year how the dogs forwards especially fualalo and Graham ran from "corner post to corner post" angles and were getting smashed. Rrcently Fualalo has straightened his runs and like Tolman has added a step close to the defensive line - makes a lot of positive difference.

Bad Billy

Kennel Immortal
Reaction score
Still haven’t made my mind up about this guy. Sometimes he looks like he could be a wrecking ball and others a mistake making marshmallow.
Hopefully he grows into something special.

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I really find it hard to believe that Pay has his favourite players like some people on this forum have suggested
What benefit is it to him having a player in the team that is not worthy
It’s only going to make him look bad if they don’t perform on a weekly basis
He does have other coaching staff and a committee that would be in consultation regarding players being promoted
Deans own future is on the line next year
I just think us supporters are not privy to everything within the team and reasons that players are picked
We are too professional for these crazy suggestions
I trust our CEO and current management in going forward in an honest manner.

Noeasyday

Super Moderator
Staff member
Gilded
Reaction score
Chalk and cheese my friend, standing on the outside looking in it seems Pay doesn't like Brown and following my gut feeling I feel as though Pay's hand was forced re Lewis. Some people are born under a lucky star.
Flanagan mustn't have liked Brown either, only 25 games in 3 years at the Sharks...

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Kalache has struggled to cement himself into NSW Cup this year, playing only 2 games off the bench for like 30 minutes combined game time.

Not sure what the go is there. Same with Dalton Smith and Zac Saddler. Keep bouncing between grades/RMC/Shield.
Kalache is still in Jersey Flegg. He struggled in a couple of games this yr when he jumped into ISP but his still young. Would be very disappointed if he doesn't cement his spot in a couple of years.

Also set up a few tries in last weeks game.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Cause Brown just struggles to stand up in FG, Ben Roberts syndrome.

I get what you mean considering Foran was out for the year but the fact he sold off Mbye and brought Harry in instead of going with Brown who was already there for selection tells ya Lewis's form and mentality merited selection.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Yeah but to be fair, I don't think Pay was the only one.. they were just saying on 360 last night how Lewis wasn't really a stand out in ISP... But hey, he's with us now and we're no longer stuck with Mbye
Yeah saw that and was like that's Garbage.. Like the blokes on 360 watch bulldog ISP games lol

I have been calling out Lewis since mid last season and its not because he wasn't a stand out.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
I really find it hard to believe that Pay has his favourite players like some people on this forum have suggested
He does have other coaching staff and a committee that would be in consultation regarding players being promoted
I just think us supporters are not privy to everything within the team and reasons that players are picked
Its a ridiculous notion that shouldn't be given any momentum.

TrioBench 1995

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
Thats not a milestone 150 x 20 mins good where are we going with this game (who’s gunna be the lucky GF team 2018 and for what reason , re 1986 Price and Cronins last hoorah no way dogs could win that one!

albatross

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Great post Doggy. Like any coach Pay has players who he sees as fitting his culture and game plan, but they aren't favorites. I think he's made a few ordinary choices (re-signing Lichaa, Priest, Montoya - though all have also been dropped) but every coach tries, and then discards, some players. I reckon Pay has solid integrity and will (has) dropped underperforming players. He is also shaping the squad nicely with what he's got and identifying the keepers, but it's down to the win/loss ratio so I'm sure he picks what he thinks is the best team.

Fualalo has been better in the last couple of weeks but he struggled for any post contact metres before that. He just seemed to hit the line and fall over. Doesn't commit properly in defence either. Hope the last couple of games are a sign of improvement but he's not a starter, and I want a lot more impact off the bench - Sue and a more experienced Ogden sound better (with Chris Smith, RFM or Elliott as the third bench forward). Half a season as a starting prop in ISP might be what Fualalo needs.

bullanth

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Coming up to his 150th club game I wanted to know how you guys think he is fairing? I personally think he is better than he was last season, more involved.. still room for a lot of improvement
Built like taumolo,and papali,but that's where the dream ends

Straight18

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Been nothing but a waste of a top 30 spot since day dot when we could have some **** with some talent coming through. Get rid of him.

Status
Not open for further replies.