Opinion Where are we finishing next year poll!

Where are we finishing next year?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Powerslide

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I've gone 9-13, but if a few things go our way we will be in the bottom part of the 8. We will improve on this year but see we may still miss out on the 8.

I think we may start a bit slow, a few teams will give Lachie more of a hard time with his kicks, and combinations will take a while to sort out, not going to say what combinations. I think we will have some hiccups, but by the end of the season we will have the rewards.

If we confirm Seggy, and another name outside back it may push us into the bottom of the 8.

GDR

Kennel Addict
2 x Gilded
Premium Member
Reaction score
overly high expectations at this point in time and trying to look into the future can be very dangerous ... especially in the kennel ..

I am only hopeful that we continue to improve .. any thing greater than that would be a bonus

flamebouyant

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
At the beginning of the year most of the experts had us finshing around 13th place where we currently sit. Given all of the injuries, poor refereeing decisions and players being moved along with us affectively playing well under the cap, i think we have actually not been too bad this year. We have been pretty competitive in most games with only a few big blow outs, and this is evidenced by the amount of games we have lost by 6 points or less.
I think we are actually playing some pretty good football of late, and a few players like lewis especially have really stood up.
After getting rid of Mbye and Woods i think most people expected us to be even less competitive, but our team cohesion and spirit has actually lifte. With a few new signings and our troops back on deck, and of course another full offseason with Pay there is no reason why we can not be a lot more competitive next year, and i really think we can push for the 8.

Kila R Ralai

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
In order to be competitive next year we need.
A)Segeyaro
B)Another high class centre

We get those two things we will be extremely competitive
Holland is a coming along nicely in the right centre so we need another to replace JMoz next year.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So 94 votes thus far

5 think we will make top 4

43 state that we will be in the 5 to 8 spot.

42 Believe we wont make the eight with 3 of those saying we will come 14 - 16

Finally, 4 voted for the refs choice which is probably the best option.

48 - 42 in votes.

The kennel doesn't seem overall confident about next season which is understandable.

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
1. Roosters
2. Melbourne
3. Sharks
4. Souths
5. Broncos
6. Penrith
7. Dragons
8. Bulldogs
9. Warriors
10. Cowboys
11. Tigers
12. Raiders
13. Knights
14. Eels
15. Manly
16. Titans

My prediction

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
At the beginning of the year most of the experts had us finshing around 13th place where we currently sit. Given all of the injuries, poor refereeing decisions and players being moved along with us affectively playing well under the cap, i think we have actually not been too bad this year. We have been pretty competitive in most games with only a few big blow outs, and this is evidenced by the amount of games we have lost by 6 points or less.
I think we are actually playing some pretty good football of late, and a few players like lewis especially have really stood up.
After getting rid of Mbye and Woods i think most people expected us to be even less competitive, but our team cohesion and spirit has actually lifte. With a few new signings and our troops back on deck, and of course another full offseason with Pay there is no reason why we can not be a lot more competitive next year, and i really think we can push for the 8.
You can thank Dean Pay for how tight knit the group is.
Why do you think I love the bloke, because he knows what the club is all about.
He hasn't got the "It's All Me" attitude and the arrogance of Des Hasler.
He works with the whole football department.
He would of been heavily involved with the decision to let Mbye and Woods go, he would of gotten the opinions of Chris Anderson, Baa, his own coaching stuff as a collaborative decision, not just his own.
This guy puts the club first and will do whatever it takes to make the dogs great again, you can just tell, you can see it, just watch the presser and tell me the boys don't look up to him and respect him.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
So 94 votes thus far

5 think we will make top 4

43 state that we will be in the 5 to 8 spot.

42 Believe we wont make the eight with 3 of those saying we will come 14 - 16

Finally, 4 voted for the refs choice which is probably the best option.

48 - 42 in votes.

The kennel doesn't seem overall confident about next season which is understandable.
I reckon we'll finish between 5th and 8th.

Dogsville

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I think we will finish between 7th and 10th. Still a few un answered questions - hooker, centre and full back. What happens in next few weeks if any new signings will influence how we go next year. But one thing we need is to keep being consistent.

Malla

Reaction score
I think it just all depends on how Foran goes alongside Lewis and whether we can get a good dummy half.

If we do sign Segyaro and Foran excels alongside Lewis (which I believe he will) then I can see us finish between 3rd and 7th.

Malla

Reaction score
I think we will finish between 7th and 10th. Still a few un answered questions - hooker, centre and full back. What happens in next few weeks if any new signings will influence how we go next year. But one thing we need is to keep being consistent.
Outside backs shouldn't be a problem - the Morris boys are playing so poorly these days so don't think we can get much worse than that lol

Malla

Reaction score
Outside backs shouldn't be a problem - the Morris boys are playing so poorly these days so don't think we can get much worse than that lol

ILiveForDib

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
You can thank Dean Pay for how tight knit the group is.
Why do you think I love the bloke, because he knows what the club is all about.
He hasn't got the "It's All Me" attitude and the arrogance of Des Hasler.
He works with the whole football department.
He would of been heavily involved with the decision to let Mbye and Woods go, he would of gotten the opinions of Chris Anderson, Baa, his own coaching stuff as a collaborative decision, not just his own.
This guy puts the club first and will do whatever it takes to make the dogs great again, you can just tell, you can see it, just watch the presser and tell me the boys don't look up to him and respect him.
Spot on and thats why I never said I wanted him to go for that exact reason.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
I got a suspicion there will be a few announcements on signings before the season starts next year.
We just got to be patient and trust in this new board and administration.

Wayne Rooney

Kennel Established
Reaction score
With the emergence of Martin this season along with the big improvement in Elliotts game and RFM getting a start & becoming a 80min backrower before his injury, we are well served up front next year! The addition of Sue as well as added game time & experience for Ogden, we dont have any issues there.

Morris brothers are a major loss, especially losing that experience and great defense. They have not been replaced at all, and it is a major worry. Hopoate is too slow to defend out in the centres.

Remis Smith has been brilliant and will be the best winger at the club next year - by a country mile

Lewis has been another great addition and finally we have "one" capable half at the club.

Our biggest issue is 7 & 9. With Foran & Lichaa in the team, we are no chance of the 8 whatsoever.

We need either Koroisau or Segeyaro for starters.

We need to release Foran and persist with Cogger from the moment he steps foot into Belmore.

If Foran & Lichaa are here next year we will finish 13 -16

If we nab a hooker and persist with Cogger/Lewis we will finish 9-12

Shire Dog

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
I reckon and hope 5-8
A lot is going to hinge on What version of Foran we see in 2019
Also without seeing our final squad and who else we pickup between now and next year
We need 2 more quality players to join us
I have faith in Pay,CEO,new board and committee taking us forward

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
We won’t make the eight with lichaa if we get a decent 9 and Lewis ,Martin,Smith etc don’t get injured I reckon 5/6 is a real possibility that said I’ll be happy just to be competitive again

maroondog72

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Positions 7 to 13 is a log jam and we will likely be in that mix next year - We will miss the Morris twins I feel but there is some good signs of improvement. I like Lewis but it worries me how much tackling he is doing. I hope he doesn't get hurt.
May end like Maloney and Foran playing busted which will make him inconsistent. A big hope is he becomes like Thurston with plenty tenacity and will be able to handle the riggers of NRL
The best thing about Lewis’s defence is his technique and timing he hits low and hard and always shoulder first if he keeps that going I think he’ll have no injury worries from his defence.most blokes these days get injured in tackles from poor technique and trying to go to high on bigger men