Round 23 - Bulldogs vs Warriors - Team List and Game Discussion Thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.

_BT_

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
That takes us out of wooden spoon territory now with Eel v Cowboys next week.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
We nearly got done because the referees were turning a blind eye to warriors infringements and pinging is that whole second half and we had no ball. No other reason.

You talk crap, dude.
Trash. You cant blame the refs for everything, as bad as they were we were still in a position to win and Pay made it harder than it needed to be.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Looking at the stats; we had no right to win that game!!! Huge effort by the boys, Lewis our new ‘Shifty’!!! Still question some of Pay’s interchanges- he seems to make changes ‘after the fact’ as opposed to anticipating when a player is a chance of being exposed or loosing potency...

Like when?

Plus a coach can only do so much in the box during the game, the club needs to desperately look at assistants to help Pay.

Bluebody

The Strategist
Reaction score
Apparently, we had the worst attack in the opposition 20m zone and they had the best defense in their 20m defense zone. Looks like we matched them there! Those refs sure tried to change that.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Trash. You cant blame the refs for everything, as bad as they were we were still in a position to win and Pay made it harder than it needed to be.
Lol wait wait I missed that one... How did Pay almost screw that up?? If anything it was solely the players with some stupid mistakes.

BMOC

Kennel Enthusiast
Reaction score
Bittersweet victory. Glad we won. But, it would have been alright if the warriors won as well. That's cos i don't want MBYE and the annoying tigers to be in the finals. Mbye doesn't deserve finals

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
Fact is Tolman played his 70 minutes and not once did he let anyone down.

How you can find reason to attack the coach over something so insignificant as this is ridiculous and I think you need help
It's not insignificant, absolutely ridiculous to say so. We basically played 70 minutes with 2 forward when we didn't have to. We could have easily managed that game better with better rotations and fresher players on the field.

KLil

Kennel Legend
Reaction score
Although it sucks he didn’t kick out on the full I’m glad he actually tries to make some yards with the kick. Fkn Kris Keating would make us 5m every time we got a penalty whereas opposition make 30-40m on us everytime.
Still better than Mbye who would try to make 15m and still not put it out.

Silly mistake though by Lewis, needs to concentrate more in those situations and consider the wind and his position on field.

CrittaMagic69

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Gilded
SC H2H Champion
2 x SC Draft Champ
Reaction score
The reality? Loll
The reality is we’re getting better and better, that’s the reality
Yes we are getting better and i haven't said otherwise, but our bench rotations are still piss poor. It's no coincidence that these things happen in the backend of games with us every week.

magdog

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Although it sucks he didn’t kick out on the full I’m glad he actually tries to make some yards with the kick. Fkn Kris Keating would make us 5m every time we got a penalty whereas opposition make 30-40m on us everytime.
Sorry. There was no excuse for that. He could have kicked to the sideline closer to him, it was a bad call, but he’s smart enough to learn from that.

The upside is he didn’t drop his bundle, and found a way to get it done.

Happy Birthday indeed!

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
We nearly got done because the referees were turning a blind eye to warriors infringements and pinging is that whole second half and we had no ball. No other reason.

You talk crap, dude.
You’re a 100000% spot on. People are saying Pay needs to be tactically better but ignore the fact the refs were ripping us a new one.

The elephant is in the room and some people are so damn determined not to acknowledge it. I scratch my head sometimes at these glass half full people.

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Fact is Tolman played his 70 minutes and not once did he let anyone down.

How you can find reason to attack the coach over something so insignificant as this is ridiculous and I think you need help
Big time!!!

Ogre

Kennel Participant
Reaction score
NRL 2018: Lachlan Lewis kicks field goal on birthday as Bulldogs upset Warriors
NRL PREMIERSHIP

NRL Round 23 Bulldogs v Warriors.Source: FOX SPORTS
A LONG-RANGE field goal from Lachlan Lewis has seen Canterbury secure an upset over the Warriors at ANZ Stadium on Sunday afternoon.

The Bulldogs led 26-16 after the 53rd minute before back-to-back tries for the visitors saw them level the scores.

But with just over 60 seconds remaining in the game, Lewis, nephew of rugby league Immortal Wally, stepped up and slotted a perfect field goal attempt from 35 metres out.

Martin's tiny cameo

0:42
Celebrating his 22nd birthday, it was a memorable day for the five-eighth who also bagged his first NRL try in the 40th minute.

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
Yes we are getting better and i haven't said otherwise, but our bench rotations are still piss poor. It's no coincidence that these things happen in the backend of games with us every week.
It happens almost every week because the referees blow the other team back into it and we get tired-as any other team would.

We’ve been getting better and better and some of you still find reasons to bitch and moan. Georgalis will never coach this side. Get used to it and get behind your team, man.

Sick of people raining on our parade every week when we are playing much better than we have a right to play given the rostering problems Hasler created and crooked refereeing we face every week.

It’s time people showed pay some respect. He’s doing a good job imho. Georgalis would be doing no better in these circumstances.

Last edited:

dogwhisperer

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Hahahahaha, Pay made it harder??
What the hell are you on bro?? Loll

Did pay tell Hoppa to lose the ball on our own line that led to a warriors try?? Did Pay tell Frawley to give a penalty in the last tackle then warriors scored next set?? Did Pay tell Lewis to not find touch for the penalty we got??

Seriously man, wake up!

Flanagun

Banned
In the Sin Bin
Reaction score
You’re a 100000% spot on. People are saying Pay needs to be tactically better but ignore the fact the refs were ripping us a new one.

The elephant is in the room and some people are so damn determined not to acknowledge it. I scratch my head sometimes at these glass half full people.
Damn right, man. It gives me the shots after we put in a great effort like we did today.

Status
Not open for further replies.