Movie Discussion

Wahesh

The Forefather of The Kennel
Reaction score
Great acting by Douglas.. Poses a lot of interesting questions.. Is he fighting back..or becoming like what he detests? Have you noticed too the progression of his weapons..club (bat) to knife to Guns.. Little things like that make it a movie you can watch more than once as you pick up new things..

I freaking LOVE that scene bro. Just about every scene where he's in where he clicks it is awesome. I didn't really understand that scene where he approaches that family having the BBQ and just walks with them to a shed and talks to them. That bit I didn't understand.

I noticed the progression of his weapons... but you forget rocket launcher ;) That was awesome lol. I think the progression was bat > butterfly knife > gun > bag full of automatic machine guns > rocket launcher.

In this scene though, I think he's fighting back as he didn't want trouble to begin with.

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
I freaking LOVE that scene bro. Just about every scene where he's in where he clicks it is awesome. I didn't really understand that scene where he approaches that family having the BBQ and just walks with them to a shed and talks to them. That bit I didn't understand.

I noticed the progression of his weapons... but you forget rocket launcher ;) That was awesome lol. I think the progression was bat > butterfly knife > gun > bag full of automatic machine guns > rocket launcher.

In this scene though, I think he's fighting back as he didn't want trouble to begin with.
So much in that movie..you’ve inspired me to watch it again!!

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Falling Down

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0106856/?ref_=nv_sr_1

Kicked it old school yesterday, Falling Down (1993) with Michael Douglas. On the day of his daughter's birthday, William Foster is trying to get to his estranged ex-wife's house to see his daughter. He has a breakdown in a huge traffic jam with the extreme LA heat and no air conditioning working in his, and leaves his car and decides to walk. Along the way he stops at a convenience store and tries to get some change for a phone call but the owner, Mister Lee, does not give him change. This destabilizes William who then breaks apart the shop with a baseball bat and goes to an isolated place to drink a coke. Two gangsters threaten him and he reacts by hitting them with the bat. He continues walking and stops at a phone booth. The gangsters hunt him down with their gang and shoot at him but crash their car. William goes nuts and takes their gym bag with weapons proceeding in his journey of rage against injustice. Next stop is a fast-food joint which stops serving breakfast at 11:30am - and it's 11:34am by the time William gets there. Another very tense stand off with shots being fired and customers scared for their lives ensues. A military surplus store is the next stop. A cop who is working this case on his final day before retirement I won't ruin the ending for anyone who hasn't seen it yet, but not bad for a movie made in 1993. I think this is one of Douglas's best movies.

As a side note, the movie shows what LA really was back in the early 90s - quite a hell hole.

Quite an entertaining film.

7.5/10
As I watch again I’m thinking Douglas is playing @Realist90 :D

The_Chimpster

Kennel Addict
Reaction score
Mom and Dad

https://m.imdb.com/title/tt5462326/?ref=m_nv_sr_1

This is one odd movie. It stars Nicholas Cage and Selma Blair with a few other cameos. It's written and directed by Brian Taylor, the guy who made the Crank movies, Gamer, Jonah Hex, and the most excellent Happy! TV series. It carries his trademark insane directing style.

The whole premise of the movie is that parents had their mental switch flipped. Think of it like The Hapenning where they have their survival instinct flipped, but less shit. Parents urge to protect their kids instead becomes an urge to kill their kids.

It's a simple and pretty silly premise but it's entertaining. The ending is a bit crap but the movie is enjoyable, and it meets the tagline perfectly, "like a twisted remake of Home Alone on bath salts"

7.5/10
Yeah, I enjoyed it. As hit and miss as he is I still like Nic Cage, plus always had a thing for Selma Blair :hearteyes:

Happy! Is awesome btw, perfect role for Chris meloni. Can't wait for season 2

south of heaven

Kennel Immortal
Premium Member
Reaction score
The only part I remember from commando is the ending line from Arnie after he impales that bad guy on a pipe

"let off some steam, bennett" :tearsofjoy:
Please dont disturb my freind hes dead tired...
You know i said i was going to kill you last ? I lied
I dont need the gun john...
Movie is nothing but classic lines

Mr 95%

Kennel Immortal
Gilded
Reaction score
Please dont disturb my freind hes dead tired...
You know i said i was going to kill you last ? I lied
I dont need the gun john...
Movie is nothing but classic lines
I eat Green Berets for breakfast.. lol!

Ps..I wonder if that was a shot a Stallone’s Rambo..

MatstaDogg

The Bearded Baker
Premium Member
Reaction score
With all this talk of Comando, I give you Comando The Musical.